Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2017, 17:19   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fire Extinguisher in a car

Came across this & sharing

I've no affiliation to this company, but was impressed as how it could become a life saver yet is not bulky & easy to put off fire

Certainly it cannot be 100% the most effective fire extinguisher in the planet without any drawbacks, firefighters expert opinions welcome.

Last edited by aargee : 10th November 2017 at 17:20.
Old 15th March 2021, 12:28   #92
Senior - BHPian

Ceasefore Home & Car Fire Safety Pack Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofthebox View Post
folks, Ceasefire has a purpose built car extinguisher for INR 1950 (500gm). Comes with a mounting clip, pressure gauge and a 5 year shelf life. I have these installed in two of my cars.
Here is a real-life review of the product. I have one installed in the kitchen and one in the car. Last week, there was a minor fire in our kitchen where-in some oil kept in a kadai got overheated and caught fire. I tried to put off the fire using the fire extinguisher and it almost became a disaster. Instead of subsiding the fire, the burning oil just spilled all over. Luckily nobody was close to it and got hurt. Finally managed to contain the fire using the traditional method of covering the vessel with a lid and cutting off the air supply.

If it doesn't work against oils, I am not sure how it will work in vehicle fires. I am planning to write to Ceasefire and get their explanation.
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 11:02   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Bumping an old thread:

We have multiple Ceasefire ABC portable extinguishers for home emergencies, but understand that they are harmful to almost all electronic equipment, home furnishings etc. Is it worth changing to the CO2 or HCFC 123 ones? Usage (God forbid) is for home or vehicle-related emergencies only.

HCFC 123: https://www.ceasefire.in/product-pag...-classic-range
CO2:https://www.ceasefire.in/product-pag...ishers-ms-type

Further, any other brands we can buy online in BLR? Ceasefire (while very good) is pricey!

Last edited by itwasntme : 10th August 2021 at 11:11.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 11:57   #94
Senior - BHPian

Any recommendations for a good car fire extinguisher?

Prefer a known brand where I can get it serviced, tested & refilled on a schedule

In Bangalore.

I was looking at Ceasefire but now I am not sure after the last couple of posts

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks