Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2021, 15:55   #196
BHPian

Re: SensAiry : An app-based TPMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
About 10 months back during a long drive when we stopped for a tea break, I noticed that pressure was not updated for nearly one hour from one of my tyres. I had to switch off/on Bluetooth on the phone couple of times to get reading from that sensor again. Now if we assume that TPMS App will alert in case of significant fluctuation of tyre pressure, it may not if it is not getting reading from sensor for a long time.

Then I thought Bluetooth sharing may be an issue. We had an old android phone at home, which is now dedicated for SensAiry TPMS. This phone is without any SIM card and I use Wi-Fi for App updates. I have not seen delay in tyre pressure update here.
That's probably what I've started doing now, using the older phone to connect with my car's multimedia and my regular phone is being used to monitor sensairy updates. And it seems to be working fine now. This again raises the question on Application's functionality and when they claim that you can connect it with your car's multimedia and still be getting updates, they should definitely work towards improving blue-tooth sharing capabilities of either sensors or the application.

I raised this with Ajay multiple times in past 1 month since it's installation and he seems pretty interested initially, but there has been no update ever since. Will try to get back to him on the same issue.
Old 26th November 2021, 21:54   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravarag View Post
I raised this with Ajay multiple times in past 1 month since it's installation and he seems pretty interested initially, but there has been no update ever since.
Not sure if they are doing active development/improvement of the Android App. The App was last updated nearly a year ago.

Name:  Screenshot_20211126214208_2.png
Views: 886
Size:  76.1 KB
Old 6th February 2022, 09:41   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I have the replacement sensors with me but apparently they are not configured to work with older HUDs. Moreover, not sure if the newer valves fit on Brezza alloys.

@Bonecollector, Did you install the new sensor with new valve ? What T spanner size did you use to tighten the stem on the top ?
I had issues to tighten the valves ( not from senseairy ) as there is little to no space to use T spanner on the external side, please share details once you install the new valve. Thinking about using the spanners smaller in size ( not sure of size ) similar to ones used for removing Plugs in bike/car as they are thin ( compared to regular T ) and may allow enough space to insert and hold / tighten the valve.
Old 11th April 2022, 15:41   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Guys, How are your sensors holding up? Asking because both rear sensors failed, and one of them in lockdown.
Quote:
One of my sensors stopped working some time in March this year. It lasted just about 4 years. So in all probability, others also may start failing. I had ordered a replacement but haven't been able to get it fixed due to lockdown. Sadly the display (HUD) is not calibrated to accept the new sensors.
One of my sensors (FR) has failed about 3.5 years after installation.

The issue is that when it last updated 5 days ago, it showed the battery has being good. According to Ajay, this is likely a mechanical failure

If so, I am deeply disappointed. The sensors should have been designed to withstand reasonably extreme conditions. The car has been used quite normally. Even the accident did not involve the wheels/ tyres. I can understand batteries dying. But I cannot countenance a mechanical failure.

Since we are not sure about the cause, I fear a safety hazard if the sensor is loose within the tyre. Therefore the sensor has to be removed at the very least; replaced if it is reasonable.

I am very disappointed that despite tall claims like "will last 5 years", they are not even willing to offer a prorated courtesy discount. The replacement sensor costs ₹ 1,500 (GULP!!) and the best they can do is 10%. The new sensor has a 3 year warranty apparently.

So, I have decided to replace the FR with the one in the spare. If it is not easily salvageable, I will continue to operate with 4 sensors.

I seriously expected to only replace the sensors whenever I replace the tires (basically every 4-5 years).

This failure and the lack of the attempt to put their money where their mouth is disappointing. Since they have always been very customer friendly, and perhaps the pandemic has affected them deeply in a financial sense, I am giving them another chance but will scale back on my advocacy for Sensairy TPMS.

Last edited by sridhu : 11th April 2022 at 16:05.
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 16:13   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post

The issue is that when it last updated 5 days ago, it showed the battery has being good. According to Ajay, this is likely a mechanical failure
Sir I've been using this in both of my cars. 10 sensors in all out of which I've replaced 2, 4 are still dead and rest are on their last legs. His reply is what annoyed me the most, he told me the same thing. Even asked me if I had got my car serviced back then.

Since I had ordered replacements, when I got the rubber removed from rim, they were in the same condition as they were installed. No change. Screw was holding them tightly.

Quote:
If so, I am deeply disappointed. The sensors should have been designed to withstand reasonably extreme conditions. The car has been used quite normally. Even the accident did not involve the wheels/ tyres. I can understand batteries dying. But I cannot countenance a mechanical failure.
Chances of mechanical failure are tiny. The problem is their batteries are not holding up and it does not show on their app, which they refuse to acknowledge.

Quote:
Since we are not sure about the cause, I fear a safety hazard if the sensor is loose within the tyre. Therefore the sensor has to be removed at the very least; replaced if it is reasonable.
Chances of getting loose are tiny. But nevertheless, since it's already dead better to get it removed. Just wait for few months, all of them will fail. Their life is around 4 years. Replace it with some other brand.

Quote:
I am very disappointed that despite tall claims like "will last 5 years", they are not even willing to offer a prorated courtesy discount. The replacement sensor costs ₹ 1,500 (GULP!!) and the best they can do is 10%. The new sensor has a 3 year warranty apparently.
After Prabhu shifted to another vertical or department, customer service has taken a backseat. I had to remind them twice about my problems. Still they could not figure out any way. The amazing part is how the sensors failed. I'm using this app on an android. One day the app automatically logged me out which was normal I suppose, every few days it does. When I logged back in, the sensors listed had not synced at all since quite some time. Astonishing part is the day before it logged out the sensors had synced to their server, when I logged back in sync data was around 1-1.5 months old, which had messed up everything.

Texted Ajay, he helped me pair them again, but alas. In one car only two sensors works out of 5 after this log in/log out debacle.

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-tempfileforshare_20220411160905.jpg

Quote:
I seriously expected to only replace the sensors whenever I replace the tires (basically every 4-5 years).
I expected them to atleast warn of battery going kaput. Till their last breath they showed battery status as "FULL".

Quote:
With this failure and the lack of the attempt to put their money where their mouth is disappointing. Since they have always been very customer friendly; perhaps the pandemic has affected them deeply in a financial sense. Therefore I am giving them another chance but will scale back on my advocacy for Sensairy TPMS.
Next time, lets try Treel. They offer better warranty and cheaper too. Few days back I had posted this in Jeep Compass tread, cross posting here:

Quote:
I'd say try something else than Sensairy. I've been using for 2 of my cars for the past 4+ years and there has been several occasions when sensors failed. Had even replaced 2 of these. Currently, out of 10 sensors, 2 have been replaced, 4 are not working (probably dead) and since Prabhu has left the customer support team, I'd say try something else.

Why not try Treel by JK Tyre? Just saw it online today and it says it comes with replacement warranty of 5 years. It's cheaper too.
batish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 17:57   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post

If so, I am deeply disappointed. .
Quote:

Chances of mechanical failure are tiny. The problem is their batteries are not holding up and it does not show on their app, which they refuse to acknowledge.
I understand your disappointment as I'm myself disappointed. There are 4 other people who are using the same TPMS and I don't know how to respond to them if the sensors fail.

In my case, 2 sensors have failed. They failed about an year back. I spoke to Ajay, he asked me to get sensors replaced. I bought 2 of them. When I went for replacement, there was a major issue. The new valve sets were not fitting in the alloys of Brezza. They're somewhat different from the earlier ones along with the sensors. I told him the issue and he asked me to send the sensors back and he would send it again to me after putting 3M tape for fitting it on the rim. I was not happy with this way of fitment. It is hazardous. What if the sensor dislodges from its point of attachment? In that case, it would be freely mobile inside the tyre and that can lead to a major disaster! So as of now, I have 2 non working sensors in my tyres and 2 working sensors which can't be fitted in Brezza alloys. They claim that it fits other company alloys so what's wrong with Brezza alloys?

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-img_20220411_175054.jpg
Old valve.

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-img_20220411_175132.jpg
Old valve used to sit flush with alloy.

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-img_20220411_175037.jpg
New valve.

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-img_20220130_120857.jpg
New valve doesn't sit flush with alloys. Infact it can't be fitted on Brezza alloys.
BoneCollector is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 20:12   #202
BHPian

Quote:
They claim that it fits other company alloys so what's wrong with Brezza alloys?
They said the same thing about Duster's Rims (not the alloys). Is this more of a pattern?

Quote:
I was not happy with this way of fitment.
You are right, I was given the same solution of taping. Somehow I wasn't convinced and now I have them unused. Maybe will put them on in a different vehicle at some point of time.
Old 16th April 2022, 20:55   #203

Hi All,

Thanks for suggesting this app based TPMS.

Please help let know, if any idea on where to buy this Sensairy TPMS Internal, any other trusted source available,
As this part is not in stock for a long time in Amazon.

Needed for Nexon XZ+ Alloy.

Thanks & Regards,
JP Nathan
Old 16th April 2022, 21:28   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPN_Liv2D View Post
Hi All,

Thanks for suggesting this app based TPMS.

Please help let know, if any idea on where to buy this Sensairy TPMS Internal, any other trusted source available,
As this part is not in stock for a long time in Amazon.

Needed for Nexon XZ+ Alloy.

Thanks & Regards,
JP Nathan
I'd suggest buying Treel by JK Tyre. Warranty time period is much more and even the price is less. Do look it up.

Still if you wish to go for this, buy from their official website.
batish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2022, 23:24   #205

Quote:
I'd suggest buying Treel by JK Tyre. Warranty time period is much more and even the price is less. Do look it up.

Still if you wish to go for this, buy from their official website.
Thank you for the suggestion.

I was looking for an App based TPMS with support for Alert Notification to the Car IVI Display, through Android Auto Connection.

Please help to let know if the Treel TPMS is reliable based on usage and does it support Android Auto Notification.

Thanks & Regards,
JP Nathan
Old 17th April 2022, 03:03   #206
BHPian

Quote:
I was looking for an App based TPMS with support for Alert Notification to the Car IVI Display, through Android Auto Connection.

Please help to let know if the Treel TPMS is reliable based on usage and does it support Android Auto Notification.
I have not used Treel. I am suggesting on the basis of their warranty period which is more than the average life of Sensairy sensors. I am waiting for rest of my sensors to fail which are bound, in 6-7 months.

I think it will be reliable, since it uses similar app like sensairy and is manufactured/marketed by JK tyres.

Regarding Android auto, you should mail them. They'll clarify your doubt.
batish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2022, 04:36   #207
Senior - BHPian

Saved me today. Some low-life had placed a fat nail on the road (This had a large flat base and will stand upright, so you just cant get lucky. They will get you) and I got a big puncture. Was losing air pretty fast. Rushed to Madhus for a patch
Attached Thumbnails
SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-img_7814.png  

Old 17th April 2022, 07:59   #208

Quote:
I have not used Treel. I am suggesting on the basis of their warranty period which is more than the average life of Sensairy sensors. I am waiting for rest of my sensors to fail which are bound, in 6-7 months.

I think it will be reliable, since it uses similar app like sensairy and is manufactured/marketed by JK tyres.

Regarding Android auto, you should mail them. They'll clarify your doubt.
Sure Thanks.

I mailed them on the query.
Also today, based on thier offers availability in Treel website, somehow, Display + Sensors (with 20% off) costing less than the Sensors only (no offer) option.

Going ahead to but this today.

Thanks.
Old 17th April 2022, 12:28   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Going ahead to but this today.
Hey, If you have little bit of time, do give their authorised dealer (offline) a call. This is what I read online, I don't how much of this comment is true, still worth giving a call.

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-screenshot-20220417-12.27.36.png
batish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2022, 21:31   #210

Quote:
Hey, If you have little bit of time, do give their authorised dealer (offline) a call. This is what I read online, I don't how much of this comment is true, still worth giving a call.

Attachment 2297401
Oh ok. Sure. Thanks.
Morning only ordered. Anyways can call Treel directly tomorrow morning and Clarify on this. (both on Price and installation in Chennai)

Most Viewed