Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2018, 16:11   #91
BHPian

re: SensAiry : An app-based TPMS

Tested SensAiry by connecting my smartphone to friend's Baleno, but faced same issue - not able to mirror the screen on Android auto. His infotainment system version was 1750.2. I tried with 3 different smartphones in my car, but in vain. I wonder what could be the underlying problem. Whether the provided '.apk' was developed for some particular cars or is it incompatible with Baleno's SLDA? When it can mirror in Vitara Brezza and S-Cross, there is no reason why it can't in Baleno. Tymtix team is also clueless.
Old 17th October 2018, 16:35   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kskthere View Post
Tested SensAiry by connecting my smartphone to friend's Baleno, but faced same issue - not able to mirror the screen on Android auto. His infotainment system version was 1750.2. I tried with 3 different smartphones in my car, but in vain. I wonder what could be the underlying problem. Whether the provided '.apk' was developed for some particular cars or is it incompatible with Baleno's SLDA? When it can mirror in Vitara Brezza and S-Cross, there is no reason why it can't in Baleno. Tymtix team is also clueless.
Not sure if you have already done this... It's worth a try if you haven't already.

Android Auto usually blocks any external app, that is not part of the initial SLA of AA. To allow those apps, you need to go to Developer option of AA

How to:
1. Go to AA menu section
SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-1539774121854.jpg

2. Select "About"
SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-1539774235684.jpg

3. Keep tapping "About Android Auto" until you unlock developer options
SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-1539774250811.jpg

4. Go to the Developer settings
SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-1539774263552.jpg

5. Scroll to the bottom and enable Unknown Sources
SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-1539774288174.jpg

Let me know if this solves your issue. I was facing issues with Spotify on AA. This solved that for me.

Last edited by GrandTourer : 17th October 2018 at 16:45.
GrandTourer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2018, 19:23   #93
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleash_thunder View Post
My cell is placed in the storage area under the armrest to connect it to HU. Is placement of my cell the culprit?
Had asked Ajay Bhat of Tymtix what the issue could be, he asked what mobile phone it is and what OS is it running on? Also the SensAiry Login ID you use?

He'll then look what the issue could be.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2018, 19:24   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Had asked Ajay Bhat of Tymtix what the issue could be, he asked what mobile phone it is and what OS is it running on? Also the SensAiry Login ID you use?

He'll then look what the issue could be.
Thanks. I will ping him the details now.
unleash_thunder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2018, 20:01   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandTourer View Post
Not sure if you have already done this... It's worth a try if you haven't already.
Yeah buddy! already done all the necessary setting changes before testing it out. As a last resort, my friend, who also bought SensAiry product recently and is able to mirror it on Android Auto in his S-Cross, gonna test using his smartphone in my Baleno. Let's wait and see for the result.

Found another way (hack) to mirror the screen on AA though
SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-sa-mirror.jpeg

Last edited by kskthere : 17th October 2018 at 20:19.
Old 20th October 2018, 17:29   #96
BHPian

A friend of mine, who was able to get the SensAiry App screen on Android Auto in his S-Cross, tested using his smartphone Samsung Galaxy S9 plus in another friend's Baleno, and it worked well. So we tried some permutations and combinations to check how it goes in my Baleno. Following were the results:

1. Logged in SensAiry app using my friend's credentials in his S9 plus - Worked
2. Logged in SensAiry app using my friend's credentials in his OnePlus 6 - Worked
3. Logged in SensAiry app using my credentials in his S9 plus - Worked
4. Logged in SensAiry app using my credentials in his OnePlus 6 - Worked
5. Logged in using my friend's credentials in my smartphone (OnePlus 5) - Failed
6. Did "Factory data reset" in his OP6 and configured the phone using my Google account and logged in SensAiry app using my credentials - Failed

In the end, we came to conclusion that there was some problem with either my phone or my Google account. We wanted to do "Factory data rest" in my OP5 and try using friend's Google account, but as it was too late, we bid adieu.
So after reaching home, I did reset my phone to factory settings, created a new Google account, made sure "Unknown resources" checked in AA, and tested it with fingers crossed. And the result - a big fat "FAIL" .
Informed Mr.Ajay Bhat of Tymtix. He said maybe the mobile is denying some permissions and will do some parallel on Monday again.

Right now, I'm dead in the water. I'm paranoid even if buying a new smartphone would work. Can anyone shed some light on this matter?

Last edited by kskthere : 20th October 2018 at 17:33.
Old 20th October 2018, 17:57   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Right now, I'm dead in the water. I'm paranoid even if buying a new smartphone would work. Can anyone shed some light on this matter?
I've been using it on my One Plus 3T running Android 8(Oreo) but haven't had any issue like this. If it works with One Plus 3T and One Plus 6, then I feel it should work on your One Plus 5 also.
Old 20th October 2018, 18:10   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I've been using it on my One Plus 3T running Android 8(Oreo) but haven't had any issue like this. If it works with One Plus 3T and One Plus 6, then I feel it should work on your One Plus 5 also.
Even I'm perplexed by the same. It's working fine even with Anurag's Oneplus 3T. My phone too runs on Android Oreo 8.1.0 and OxygenOS 5.1.5. The only thing we forgot to check on that day is to test on my friend's S-Cross using my phone. That would have given clear idea.
Old 25th October 2018, 15:56   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleash_thunder View Post
My cell is placed in the storage area under the armrest to connect it to HU. Is placement of my cell the culprit?
Seems my phone is the culprit; I use BlackBerry KeyOne () as my primary phone. When I installed the app in my other phone, Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime, there seems to be no issue as such.
Old 25th October 2018, 16:46   #100
BHPian

Quote:
5. Logged in using my friend's credentials in my smartphone (OnePlus 5) - Failed
6. Did "Factory data reset" in his OP6 and configured the phone using my Google account and logged in SensAiry app using my credentials - Failed

Informed Mr.Ajay Bhat of Tymtix. He said maybe the mobile is denying some permissions and will do some parallel on Monday again.

This happened with my OP2 also. I was not able to register my car initially. During initial configuration, First, it failed to login using my google credentials. Then, the app kept on saving the rear wheel data as front left (overwriting). Luckily, Ajay was there during installation. I logged out from the SensAiry app. We installed & configured using Ajay's Samsung mobile. Through backend, he transferred the data files from his mobile to my mobile with my Google credentials. No issues till now.
This actually is a workaround & not the actual solution. You can ask Ajay to transfer the data from the working mobile to your mobile & try.
Old 25th October 2018, 17:30   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjunag View Post
This actually is a workaround & not the actual solution. You can ask Ajay to transfer the data from the working mobile to your mobile & try.
I'm sorry, I didn't get you. What do you mean by transferring data? Can you elaborate on this?
Old 28th October 2018, 22:46   #102
BHPian

Quote:
The only thing we forgot to check on that day is to test on my friend's S-Cross using my phone. That would have given clear idea.
Update:

Today tested in @a4anurag's Creta by connecting my OnePlus 5, SensAiry app couldn't mirror on Android Auto screen. When his phone was connected to my car's infotainment system, it worked using both his and mine SensAiry app credentials. So it is a clear indication that some settings on my phone denying the permission.

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-sensairy-baleno.jpeg

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-sensairy-creta.jpg

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-sensairy.jpg
kskthere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 11:32   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

There is a major update with the Sensairy TPMS. A standalone Head Up Display has been released which will directly show the pressures on its screen. I've not used the display but thinking over it. This is a wonderful update for this system. Those who are already using this system, can opt for a separate HUD at INR 1200/-.

Details here - https://tymtix.com/#/store

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-screenshot_20190204112955__01.jpg

Here is the manual in pdf format. One can go through it. Looks good.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SensAiry Receiver Userguide 9.5x13 compressed.pdf (1.89 MB, 706 views)

Last edited by moralfibre : 5th February 2019 at 09:41. Reason: As requested
BoneCollector is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 10:03   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
There is a major update with the Sensairy TPMS. A standalone Head Up Display has been released which will directly show the pressures on its screen. I've not used the display but thinking over it. This is a wonderful update for this system. Those who are already using this system, can opt for a separate HUD at INR 1200/-.

Details here - https://tymtix.com/#/store

Attachment 1844745

Here is the manual in pdf format. One can go through it. Looks good.
I have already placed my order for the HUD and am awaiting delivery. I am not sure this is an HUD which projects on to the windshield. Looks more like a standalone product to be placed on the dashboard. Will know what it is after I receive it. For 1200/- it is worth it as I already have their sensors installed in my vehicle.
nitnab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 11:08   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitnab View Post
I have already placed my order for the HUD and am awaiting delivery. I am not sure this is an HUD which projects on to the windshield. Looks more like a standalone product to be placed on the dashboard. Will know what it is after I receive it. For 1200/- it is worth it as I already have their sensors installed in my vehicle.
It's not a "HUD"- Head Up Display that projects on windscreen. It's a simple standalone screen. I'm also awaiting it's delivery.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed