Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2023, 19:17   #286

Re: SensAiry : An app-based TPMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
For the app to work on Android Auto, you need to ask them for the apk file and not use the one available on Playstore. For Treel, the app on Playstore works with Android Auto.
How do you get this APK file ? Anyway to contact them ? I recently got the set of 4 installed but need the android auto compatible app.
Old 12th November 2023, 23:52   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind_ravi01 View Post
How do you get this APK file ? Anyway to contact them ? I recently got the set of 4 installed but need the android auto compatible app.
You can contact ajay@tymtix.com
He is quick to respond and helpful.
ssadwelkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2023, 07:53   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

After 3 years, two of the sensors stopped working and it had to be replaced. Since it was outside warranty, I had to pay 2800/- for these two new sensors.

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-9.jpeg
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2023, 15:33   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Update

Unfortunately, one tire failed on the way to Madras, within about 200 km. The sensairy system did not warn about the loss of pressure until it was too late, I think as the tire shows clear signs of running while flat. My driver knows to stop the car as soon as the alarm is heard. The puncture was due to a nail and hence should have been slow.

This is the precise scenario I bought the Sensairy to prevent and it failed spectacularly.
I know this response is far far away from the timelines of the original issue occurrence you reported here. I have been using Sensairy for a while now on my Hexa with 19" tyres; wanted to share a possible explanation regarding your observation on alarm not firing in a timely manner.

I have once had a heavy puncture on Bangalore-Chennai highway while i was at high speed , and the tyre pressure quickly started to drop lower than the range I had defined for my 19" tyres in the Sensairy App. The alarm fired repeatedly and pretty quickly I managed to park the car at the nearest safe place. That puncture was so drastic, given the speed i was in, it could have led to me lose control of the car if not for the timely attention from alarm sounds.

The key part here is, if the tyre pressure dropped below the range you had defined in the App. If it did not , then its understandable why the alarm didn't fire.
Old 11th January 2024, 15:58   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandharamanp View Post
One of my Sensairy senor failed to connect in 3 Years 4 months, connected with Ajay of Sensairy. As mentioned several times in the forum, Ajay is extremely user friendly as always but the reason he provided was not convincing or a fact - he was stating that the sensor could have fallen inside the tyre leading to mechanical failure is the only thing he could think through but the senor was very much intact with the value in my case.

So i purchased one sensor at Rs 1350/-, installed at a cost of Rs 300/-including balancing only to find that one another Sensor would refuse to connect with App while i was replacing the failed sensor at tyre balancing center.

While its disappointing to see them failing one by one in less than 3.5 years but considering 2-3 situations that it saved me by notifying the punctures early while on long highway trips, i decided to replace it - ordered second sensor online and going to fix it tomorrow. I am sure the balance 2 sensors will also refuse to connect anytime soon.

One another negative i see in Sensairy is that it the app is not visible in Playstore app to be downloaded on the After market HU's, so keeping it insatlled in the Android phone drains the battery of mobile.

Also disappointing to see that Sensairy does not take any responsibility of providing prorated discount apart form the standard 10% discount that is offered for repeat customers.
BITTER EXPERIENCE WITH SENSAIRY:
The above Sensairy sensor that i purchased (as replacement for failed 3.5 yr old sensor) failed again within 1 year of purchase, so i reached out to Ajay for replacing under warranty) and he sent me one. When i tried pair it with my mobile it refused and throwed a notification that this sensor is associated with another account and it cannot pair. Finally Ajay has to fix it offline and pair it with my mobile. When i asked Ajay on how come a new sensor be associated with another account he claimed that they did testing on the new sensor and hence it is with another account. I was like in a position to believe or NOT.

When i tried to install at nearest alignment center, they refused to fix it indicating that it is a used sensor and they are NOT willing to take responsibility for any error or damage happening to it while installing. When asked him how he concluded that it is used one, he indicated a screw mark on the sensor and said it was a used one that i got as a replacement under warranty.

I went ahead to a puncture wala shop and got this installed only to see the reading is still zero, Ajay told me that i would have made mistake in sharing correct sensor ID with him and hence the issue. so i have remove the tyre again to validate the ID printed on sensor only to see that i have shared the corrected sensor ID only. End damage to pocket for removing tyres 2 times is 500 Rs.

Since beginning Ajay was repeatedly insisting me to courier him the faulty sensor mentioning he want to send it to lab for investigation.

MY Own Inference: is that sensairy may be collecting the faulty sensor for repair and leveraging them to be provided as replacement for the upcoming faulty ones under warranty.

I am sure rest of the 2 sensors that i purchased 4 yrs back will fail anytime and i have to replace them also, so though i had this bitter experience, Sensairy was accurate in pressure readings which made be go back to Ajay asking what best deal he can offer per sensor - he finally offered 2250 for 2 sensors as special discount considering the above bitter experience and damage of 500 to pocket already. I asked for a deal of 2K for 2 sensors which he declined politely. if i have to buy 2 additional sensors at 2250, i may have to spend another 500-600 easily to install which will make the total expense to 2750-2850 for 2 sensors.

SO i am planning to switch to Treel sensor which is offered in the chennai market @ 4K for 4 sensors including installation and balancing (5 yrs warranty/battery life i believe - not sure), which looks a very good deal. Wanted to get your recommendations. Pls share.

Last edited by anandharamanp : 11th January 2024 at 15:59.
anandharamanp is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks