Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2009, 18:55   #166
Senior - BHPian

Since its another amaron manufactured/ qc controlled, i hope the same or better quality is there. Yet to see any hotline/service numbers on their site but considering brand presence in lot of products i expect them to be contactable.
Old 28th October 2009, 17:44   #167
Senior - BHPian

Called the Amaron toll free number today, and was attended to immediately. Hope the service works without such unexplained breaks...
Old 29th October 2009, 11:00   #168
Senior - BHPian

The whole company must have gone on a extended diwali break i suppose.
Old 1st November 2009, 15:23   #169
BHPian

Hi,
My stock Amaron battery in my swift is given on me after a service of close to 3 years after heavy abuse. I am planning to go with Amaron but with higher amperage. I am not sure if I need to change the terminals which connect the battery and the fuse box. Please let me if I need to change those as well. The battery terminals (Amaron Pro) were little thicker than the one I have now. I will check with it tomorrow as I need to do it immediately.

Please advice. Thanks in advance.
/Raju
Old 1st November 2009, 16:30   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
Another condition is i can only exchange it for a hi life pro and not any other model from amaron. the price of new battery still works out more than what i bought it for three years back. So i guess it all marketing funda and nothing else.
Something to remember. Kind of un-said, but lot of us can miss the not-so-fine fine print about the exchange limitation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrrraju View Post
I am planning to go with Amaron but with higher amperage. I am not sure if I need to change the terminals which connect the battery and the fuse box./Raju
@Raju, you can go up by abou 5 AH, and not more. If the rating of the battery is too high, then your alternator will not be able to charge the battery. Any drastic increase in AH rating of the battery will need an upgrade of the alternator also. Pls stay as close as possible to your stock battery rating : it is sufficient to run your car & standard accessories, including an amp & sub set-up.
Old 1st November 2009, 19:32   #171
Senior - BHPian

You need not change the terminals but will have to buy new ones for the larger post of new battery. The stock connection can be clamped together and then connected to new terminal using nut and bolts. No cutting will be required .
Retaining this way later on if you go for the stock size it can be refixed back as original.

If any warranty issues are there it will also be taken care of.
You know the service guys, they can put any logic tomorrow to breakup the warranty claim if any.
Old 1st November 2009, 21:01   #172
BHPian

I just went and checked with the Alternator of my swift and found the following part no which indicate that my swift's alternators is rated at 12Volts/70Amp (Guess) .

Maruti Part No. 31400-75JX0
Lucas TVS Part No. 260 21 385 (Model A121, 70A) .

So I expect that I can safely go for 60Ah Amaron Pro or Hi-Life or FLO range of batteries. I am planning to go for a battery which is stock in Swift diesel.
Old 12th November 2009, 18:03   #173

hi mridul,
just got amaron flo 105d31L on my innova diesel. The stock battery (exide) was 65ah.wondering whether the alternator in innova is capable of charging 80ah battery. please advice as have already purchased and fitted the battery.
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridul View Post
Hi
Stick to the manufacturer spec, the Spec I would recommend is Amaron GO 90D26R/L - 65Ah which is OE else you can go for Amaron FLO 105D31R/L which is 80AH if you have heavy usage.
The above batteries are reliable and do have a long time and all to get maximum out of the battery get the electricals checked up once in 3 months.

Cheers
Old 13th November 2009, 21:52   #174
BHPian

Two queries:

1. Has anyone recently purchased an AMARON PRO battery? If yes, How much did it cost after exchange? If in Mumbai - from where?

2. My battery is 4 year old and due for replacement. I have a slight problem with warm startups and setting out on a Mumbai-Udaipur trip. My query is that if the car run on long drive with only the music system on and AC on need basis, the battery should be well charged after traveling 500 plus kms right? That should be able to charge the headlights etc. Presently also the music system, headlight function fine. Just the startup niggle thats bothering me.

Thanks.
Old 20th February 2010, 23:05   #175
Senior - BHPian

What is the cost for Amaron Pro 38 or 40 or 42 AH battery ? .
Old 23rd February 2010, 14:16   #176
Senior - BHPian

Got Amaron FLO 42B20R - 48 months warranty . MRP 3930 Rs .This is 35 AH .
I exchanged it with a working battery(base terminal) + some discount for 3280 Rs .
The dealer said the old battery would work if I recharge it , but It was already 45 months old and dint want to take a chance .

Now ,the bike , the car and the inverter, all have amarons .
Old 23rd February 2010, 17:02   #177
Senior - BHPian

Base Terminal comes with 50 months "warranty" dude... you sold it within the warranty period! I'd definitely have stuck with it, if the parameters still looked good... no way I'd discard good working battery like that. They don't usually just give up the ghost abruptly.
Old 23rd February 2010, 17:09   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Got Amaron FLO 42B20R - 48 months warranty . MRP 3930 Rs .This is 35 AH .
I exchanged it with a working battery(base terminal) + some discount for 3280 Rs .
The dealer said the old battery would work if I recharge it , but It was already 45 months old and dint want to take a chance .

Now ,the bike , the car and the inverter, all have amarons .
I bought the same battery for my Esteem ten days ago. Paid 3.5K for it. The old battery was an AC Delco which was on its last legs after working hard for 50 months now.
Old 24th February 2010, 15:40   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Base Terminal comes with 50 months "warranty" dude... you sold it within the warranty period! I'd definitely have stuck with it, if the parameters still looked good... no way I'd discard good working battery like that. They don't usually just give up the ghost abruptly.
Yes I know ,but as I said I dint want to take a chance and it might die again anytime /anywhere.At least now I got around 500 Rs for the battery ,after another 5 months (that is warranty period over ) ,I would have got ZERO Rs . .Also I have a peace of mind that a new battery is there and I dont have to bother for next 3- 4 years .
Old 26th February 2010, 00:50   #180
Senior - BHPian

Well dude, very new batteries can and do die abruptly too! Have personally experienced this.

You would get some buyback value for any battery in whatever condition. Condition of the battery is not important - its the lead that is recycled. So whether your battery is stone dead or still has some juice makes not difference at all in the buy back value... unless the battery still is "usable" and the dealer intends to sell it as a 2nd hand battery. But I guess most dealers don't do this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks