Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2012, 22:12   #286
Senior - BHPian

re: Amaron batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
I am planning to change the battery of my Premier Padmini S1 with a Amaron one. Its currently fitted with a SF sonic 65AH which is around 2.2yrs old.
Can anybody help me with the correct/ suitable Amaron model (&AMP per hr) for my car. If possible please share indicative price too.
Although haven't received any reply to my query, still updating on what i inquired.
The price quoted by a dealer here for a 70AH battery is Rs 4850 without the exchange. Don't know what model he's mentioning but i think it has a 2yr warranty. Is it a good deal ?
Old 13th February 2012, 10:27   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Well, they are not VRLA... their Maintainence free and Zero Maintainence battery do have filler holes.

If its Flo, IIRC, it used to be green. Maybe they have just changed the color. Someone who is acquainted with the latest batches would be in a better position to tell. Anyway, don't think you should worry much about it as long as its Flo and says Zero Maintenance. What price you paid is another issue.

Sorry for the late reply. Can no longer keep up with stuff on tbhp due to time constraints.
Thanks man! The only thing which made me into this confusion is the price !!!. I've paid just Rs.4700 for this DIN45 spec amaron flo battery. But 5.5K in other dealers (may be the green version). When i ask the same with the dealer he said, they are in amaron whole sale dealer. But not sure how much it's true.

:-) paying less also making confusion and fear sometimes.
Old 13th February 2012, 19:15   #288
BHPian

Help choose the right battery!

What does DIN43, DIN44, DIN45 mean?

I enquired with the Amaron person today on phone for a check-up else replacement battery for the OHC. He gave me 2 options:
  • Amaron Flo - 4 years warranty for Rs 3500 after buy back of old battery.
  • Amaron Go - 3 years warranty for Rs 3200 after buy back of old battery.
Both batteries are 35Amps (I think) is what he said and used for Honda City.

Is the price quoted OK and are the options good to go with? Please let me know your suggestions.

Last edited by ankitahuja : 13th February 2012 at 19:19.
Old 20th February 2012, 18:54   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
It's time to change the Amaron-Flo on my Baleno and wondering if they actually honour their discount-warranty. Being 42months old ie. service life, the applicable discount as per their calculation [1 - (ServiceLife / 48)] comes to 0.125 ie 12.5%. But since the warranty term says "discount would be either the calculatedValue (12.5%) or 20%, whichever is higher, I should get a 20% discount. Over phone a dealer quoted 4048 for the same kind of battery I have now and when I mentioned about the current one being Amaron, he said, then you can have it for 3700. But at 20% discount I should be paying only 3200.
Yes, they do honour the warranty as I found today when I replaced my battery at the Amaron store on Chamiers Road

On showing the warranty card of my current battery, they said the discounted value would be Rs3345, which is a Rs700 discount on the list price of Rs4048. As per Amaron's warranty terms, the discount should be 20% ie.Rs800 and when I asked this, they gave some story of how the discount is calculated not on MRP, but on the value invoiced to them by Amaron. Anyway, it was just 100bucks, so I let it go. So, yeah, got a discount of 17.36% - not 20%, but almost there.

@ankitahuja, if your current battery is an Amaron and is under warranty, then you can get a better deal.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 20th February 2012 at 18:56.
Old 20th February 2012, 20:17   #290
BHPian

Got Amaron PRO 55B24LS for the Getz with 5 years warranty (Replacement warranty of 2 years and the remaining years are divided over discount). Exide, which was OEM, lasted 5 years (pretty good I must say, considering the car was idle for some long periods).

Looking forward to have some happy times ahead with the Amaron. The damage done was Rs 5.9K after buy back. Hope it pays off.
Old 24th February 2012, 03:32   #291
BHPian

Amaron Battery LIved 4 months

Amaron Battery, Did I made a Mistake here

Installed Amaron FLO on around 8th Oct-2011, Install Details Here

Last afternoon I was in a hurry to reach somewhere and to my surprise my Santro refused to start, It was perfectly running since previous night when it was parked into home garage and didn't had any issues or starting problem.

Had to push start it, ya I know one shouldn't do this with Santro erlx etc but as Jumper cable was not an option had to take the risk,
went to the dealer along warranty card and bill, he checked and battery was not going over 13.1 volts with engine running, he gave me a service battery some "Ignite Brand"

He says he'll charge it for a night and will test it tomorrow when I re-visit.

Once the service battery was installed readings were over 14 volts with engine running and it was a instant engine start, while my 4 month old amaron used to take approx a second extra to start the engine

Car didn't had any lights left ON recently, nor I did any music sessions in the garage, Car is always serviced on time and I don't think its any alternator issue as service battery is performing much better than AMARON

I am expecting some guest and one with medical issues which may or
may not need odd hours running, I cannot take risk to have a flat battery which was purchased 4 months back itself.

Should I ask the dealer about compulsory replacement ?
what is the procedure to get back to life without start-up worries.
Old 24th February 2012, 08:53   #292
Senior - BHPian

Your battery is new and in the replacement warranty period. Try out your battery after the overnight charge. If it goes down again, ask for replacement.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 21:53   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Your battery is new and in the replacement warranty period. Try out your battery after the overnight charge. If it goes down again, ask for replacement.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Went to dealer a couple of hours back, he said the battery was getting charged since last night and its not showing any load issues at the moment.

Battery has been re-installed and lets see if it sustains the charge over night.
Don't know why but dealer said replacement would not be needed, he was not sounding very promising with the replacement, I fail to understand how can a batt. loose charge without any electrical issue within car, there's certainly something with the Batt. itself.
If the car electrical system was at fault, the service batt. should have gone flat overnight which didn't happened.

Will post if the batt. goes flat again.
Old 24th February 2012, 22:47   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
@ankitahuja, if your current battery is an Amaron and is under warranty, then you can get a better deal.
Thanks, but the warranty on my Amaron Pro was for 48 months (28+28). The battery lasted me for exact 5 years though!

I got the battery replaced with the Amaron Flo this time which again has a 48 month warranty. I believe the Pro series comes with 60 months warranty now.

I earlier had the Civic's 45 amp battery since I had a significant bit of audio installed but settled for the normal 35 amp battery for the Honda City this time!

Total cost was Rs 3,350 including a Rs 400 discount for buy back of the old battery.
Old 25th February 2012, 02:46   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
Thanks for the suggestion.
Went to dealer a couple of hours back, he said the battery was getting charged since last night and its not showing any load issues at the moment.

Battery has been re-installed and lets see if it sustains the charge over night.
Don't know why but dealer said replacement would not be needed, he was not sounding very promising with the replacement, I fail to understand how can a batt. loose charge without any electrical issue within car, there's certainly something with the Batt. itself.
If the car electrical system was at fault, the service batt. should have gone flat overnight which didn't happened.

Will post if the batt. goes flat again.
Connect an ammeter in the circuit and test for leakage, unless you have done that already.
Old 28th February 2012, 01:29   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Connect an ammeter in the circuit and test for leakage, unless you have done that already.
Haven't noticed any battery issues since the batt. was charged and re-installed its working fine currently.

However being a D.I.Y. Types, I would love to play with the batt. stats
I do have a digital multimeter, do you or anybody else has instructions to check for battery Drain ?
Old 29th February 2012, 02:10   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
However being a D.I.Y. Types, I would love to play with the batt. stats
I do have a digital multimeter, do you or anybody else has instructions to check for battery Drain ?
You'll need to configure the multimeter to ammeter mode. Besides changing the settings, it would involve changing the placement of the terminal wires into their appropriate sockets. After that remove a terminal wire from the battery and connect the multimeter in series and check the current flow.

Sorry if that sounds a bit sketchy. Actually its been time since I did that stuff, and its difficult to recall offhand unless I have the stuff in front of me... which I don't, at the moment. Hopefully, someone else can fill in the details.
Old 9th March 2012, 02:23   #298
BHPian

My Amaron battery is acting up again, The green/grey indicator on Battery mostly turns to grey if the car is driven during nights.
If i do 30-40 kms in day light, the indicator is green sometimes but mostly remains grey.

Dealer says this is Normal, but it doesn't looks normal to me and I am little worried about getting stranded on bad roads of my city,

can someone using amaron FLO, please check and confirm if the indicator is mostly green or grey ??
Old 9th March 2012, 12:14   #299
BANNED

An interesting observation. It may be cheaper to buy a new battery than to get one under the pro-rata replacement.

I bought a battery with four year warranty in April 2009 for my Santro. I was having so starting problems, and it was traced to a weak cell. Now I could get a replacement under Warranty for Rs.3800 while I could buy a fresh battery (3-year) for 3500. Also in the first case the battery will only have the residual (13 months) warranty. The reason is that in a warranty claim all calculations are at list price and not the street price.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2012, 02:27   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
An interesting observation. It may be cheaper to buy a new battery than to get one under the pro-rata replacement.
Battery is only 4-5 months old, so dumping it and going for a new one is not an option for me.

I just came back from garage and the battery Indicator is Grey again, was green during day driving and in Night i did 20-25km run.
can someone post his Indicator results ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks