Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2013, 17:53   #361
BHPian

re: Amaron batteries

A problem. I got the battery from the dealer but since my older battery was dead I took the older battery & replaced it personally with Amaron Flo. But when I put it inside the Honda City (2009) the terminals & the connectors for positive & negative for the car are placed entirely opposite...

eg. Please look at the battery picture here...

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?...&product=27420

The positive terminal is on the right side & the negative is on the left side but in my older OEM the terminals were in opposite direction. The connectors especially the positive one is so tightly placed in the Honda City that it cannot move to the other side.

I can move the negative terminal though..
Old 31st July 2013, 18:35   #362
BHPian

It seems I made a mistake since I didn't took notice. AMARON makes same battery with same model no. but with two configurations for positive & negative terminals. The Tech executive told me that there is a L & an N model with opposite terminal placements.

Quote:
AMCARE Help Line Number:

If you are facing any kind of problem regarding Amaron car batteries, you can simply call their AMCARE Help Line Number on:
  • 1800 4254848 (Toll free from MTNL and BSNL)
  • 9840954848 (For other Service Providers)
Old 1st August 2013, 15:04   #363
BANNED

My battary for Verna died (fails to restart) just 2 days before warranty expire ;

Service Center in Noida told that battery fuild level is bit low and not fully charged; but they have also identified that it will be going to die soon ; so promptly they have replaced it with new battery :-)

I am impressed with service and after sales support
Old 19th August 2013, 13:09   #364

I just bought Amaron Pro for my SX4. Old battery(OEM Amaron) buyback was Rs. 600

Pricing for amaron batteries after adjusting Rs. 600 for buyback is as follows :

1. Amaron GO - Rs. 3000.
2. Amaron FLO - Rs. 3400.
3. Amaron PRO - Rs. 3700. (Quoted at 3900)
4. Amaron Black - Rs. 2700

Warranty period is as follows :

1. Amaron GO - 18+18 months
2. Amaron FLO - 24+24 months
3. Amaron PRO - 30+30 months
4. Amaron Black - 18 months
Old 19th August 2013, 13:52   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrey_Gupta View Post
I just bought Amaron Pro for my SX4. Old battery(OEM Amaron) buyback was Rs. 600

Pricing for amaron batteries after adjusting Rs. 600 for buyback is as follows :

1. Amaron GO - Rs. 3000.
2. Amaron FLO - Rs. 3400.
3. Amaron PRO - Rs. 3700. (Quoted at 3900)
4. Amaron Black - Rs. 2700

Warranty period is as follows :

1. Amaron GO - 18+18 months
2. Amaron FLO - 24+24 months
3. Amaron PRO - 30+30 months
4. Amaron Black - 18 months
Thanks for the post. I have left my car unused for 3 months and last week felt the need for replacing the battery. Its 5+ years old exide that came with my Aveo.

But since the person quoted 6k for the amaron, I recharged the battery and using now. Surprised by your price.

I checked the one in padi, chennai. Good I did not buy immediately.
Old 19th August 2013, 14:31   #366

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post

Thanks for the post. I have left my car unused for 3 months and last week felt the need for replacing the battery. Its 5+ years old exide that came with my Aveo.

But since the person quoted 6k for the amaron, I recharged the battery and using now. Surprised by your price.

I checked the one in padi, chennai. Good I did not buy immediately.
I was told by my Service Advisor to change the battery during a recent service visit. He advised against recharging it though.

My SX-4 is 3.5 years old. Also, he said I would get better rates outside. 6K is way too much considering the rates I got.
Old 19th August 2013, 14:43   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Comparitively the Baleno that is used 5 days a week is on it's 3rd battery now in 8 years 2 months. :(
My Baleno was fond of eating batteries too. None lasted more than 2.5 years.
Old 26th August 2013, 08:14   #368
BHPian

When my Exide battery gone dead in my i10 after 4.5 years of service, (till then there was no problem), had difficulty in finding an Amaron dealer at Mumbai Andheri. Raised it in this forum but nothing came about. Then I found one guy at Telli gully (distributor only and no space for service) Andheri East and requested for checking and replacement of my battery. Gave my phone, address and requested for check up. Even after 3 to 4 days nobody did turn up. When went to my Exide dealer with whom I have relationship for the past 10 years, (have 2 four wheelers and 3 two wheelers), he sent a guy to put a standby battery and collected the old one. After 3 weeks visited him to know the status of my old battery. That was gone and hence replaced with Exide the same battery. I do not expect the battery to last more than 4.5 years. My experience with Amaron was not good.
Old 16th September 2013, 16:09   #369
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Amaron Pro battery dead in 10 months!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
I bought an Amaron Pro Battery for my car Honda Civic on 20 Nov 2010.
And lately I have been regularly facing starting problem with the battery, especially on Monday mornings. The battery is completely drained and sometimes even the central lock does not open.

I have got the alternator, the charging voltage and the standby (when car is shut down and locked) consumption of the car checked and they are in proper condition. This implies that the battery is not functioning properly. Since this battery is less than a year old and in free (30 months) replacement warranty stage I requested this battery to be replaced with a new one. But dealer says that battery will be replaced only if it goes completely dead

I tried calling up the Amaron anytime response number 98409 54848 and the number went unanswered and so I wrote emails to amron, however there has been no response from them. There seems to be no way to approach them thru their published contact details.

Below is the interaction history so far (mostly one sided)...
14th Sep - Called up Anytime response number - 09840954848 - No response.
14th Sep - emailed 'mktgabd@amararaja.co.in'; 'amararaja@amararaja.co.in' with complaint - no response

15th Sep - Called up Anytime response number - 09840954848 - No response.

16th Sep - email reminder to 'mktgabd@amararaja.co.in'; 'amararaja@amararaja.co.in' - no response

17th Sep - Spoke to dealer, his technician wanted to open and add electrolyte to the battery, since this a sealed maintenance free battery under warranty, I was not sure if that would void the warranty so I refused.

23rd Sep - called Anytime response number - 09840954848 - No response.
23rd Sep - sent SMS to Anytime response number - 09840954848 - No response
23rd Sep - called Corp Operations Office - 040-23683000 - no reply beyond auto answering machine
23rd Sep - called Anytime response number - 1800 4254848 - Went into "your call is waiting mode" for 10 mins - no response.
23rd Sep – email reminder to 'mktgabd@amararaja.co.in'; 'amararaja@amararaja.co.in' with a scanned copy of warranty card and a complete interaction history.

I am thinking of sending a formal written complaint to them through speed post and then approach consumer court. Meanwhile any suggestions before that?

It's always a scary thought in back of the mind, wherever I go, that after I switch it off, will it start again ? Because so many times it doesn't... :(

Just for a note: My previous stock car battery lasted for 4 yrs 4 months (with same usage pattern) without any issues except in last 2 weeks of it's life.

My Amaron battery woes continue. As it aged the problem became more clearer. One of the six cells is dead, so while the voltage is there the battery is unable to provide sufficient current to start the car.

I removed the battery from the car and tested it. After full 24 hour charge and leaving it unconnected at home, the battery looses it's charge significantly by end of the week.

It was reported to Amaron dealership twice. Every time they take the battery to test it, they change the electrolyte of the faulty cell and replace with fresh charged electrolyte and charge the battery for 24 hours. The battery passes all load tests, so they claim that battery is good. This electrolyte remains potent for 2-3 months and then the cell is dead again. (of course they never admitted to the changing of electrolyte, but the technician told me what was done)!

I have given up on these guys, and I am buying a new battery. Just wanted to post it here that both the Amaron battery company and the dealers are unethical cheaters. Don't waste your money on it. Just buy something else!

Last edited by ST7677 : 16th September 2013 at 16:16.
ST7677 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 16:36   #370
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have given up on these guys, and I am buying a new battery. Just wanted to post it here that both the Amaron battery company and the dealers are unethical cheaters. Don't waste your money on it. Just buy something else!
Have you tried contacting anyone at the company? and explain this issue in detail? Which dealer are you going to?
Old 16th September 2013, 16:49   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Have you tried contacting anyone at the company? and explain this issue in detail? Which dealer are you going to?
Yes, I did, over phone, over email, etc. They sent my request to the local dealer, who called but never turned up to pick up the battery.

The authorized dealer from whom I bought the battery did all this electrolyte swapping business.
Old 16th September 2013, 17:27   #372
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The authorized dealer from whom I bought the battery did all this electrolyte swapping business.
Why don't you ask Amaron to recommend a new dealer and give it one more try?

Which is your original dealer? Name would help others to stay away from.
Old 16th September 2013, 17:36   #373
Senior - BHPian

I have bigger complaint from Amaron company, as in spite of complaining to them multiple times, they have not taken any action. Their call center is pathetic. There are no contacts or escalation mechanism published. After initial response they have now even stopped responding to my e-mails. With all the documentation in place, it's a perfect case to go to consumer court, however for the amount in question, is not worth it. I would simply give my business somewhere else, and advise my friends on Team-BHP to stay away from Amaron.

My Amaron battery's dealer's name is Battery Spot on Bannerghatta road (opposite Mantri Elite Apt), he also has another shop near Vijay Enclave Apt.
Old 16th September 2013, 19:45   #374
BHPian

Quote:
My Amaron battery woes continue. As it aged the problem became more clearer. One of the six cells is dead, so while the voltage is there the battery is unable to provide sufficient current to start the car.
How old is the battery?

(Mine is also an Amaron and is now 3 years and 7 months old)

Last edited by manim : 16th September 2013 at 19:47.
Old 17th September 2013, 09:51   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
How old is the battery?

(Mine is also an Amaron and is now 3 years and 7 months old)
My car stopped starting after the weekend (2 days break), 9 months after the purchased of new battery (Amaron Pro). If I remember correctly it has 5 years warranty, and is about half way now (2.8 years old).

It was a manufacturing defect. One cell was defective, the service guys kept doing their jugad fix and said the battery is fine. It's a problem with cars charging system / leakage somewhere.
I got all that checked and everything seemed fine. Even the battery was passing the load test after their fix. So many months passed living in pain, not realizing where the problem is. I in fact disconnected all my additional accessories (audio system etc), just leaving the basic car stock connections, but that did not help either.

I started removing the positive terminal out every weekend, but that method too failed over long weekends. That made me suspicious of the battery. Last year when the battery was acting up again, I got it tested from a third party, on checking the specific gravity he immediately declared that the cell is dead and battery must be replaced.

The battery was dying so often that by now I had bought a battery charger at home. So I charged the battery fully and then left it for a week not connected to anything. At end of the week while the voltage was above 12V, the current was not enough to start the car.

I told this to Amaron dealer, but he refused to understand any of this, playing like a dumb person (even after knowing this all the time). His solution is like usual, your battery is discharged, let me charge it fully and run it through the load test, if it passes, then battery is good.

I went to his shop while the battery was being charged, luckily the owner was away. So I asked the worker boy in the shop, what is the story of this battery, and he gave me the electrolyte swapping secret.

They just don't realized that the misery I went through because of not telling me the truth that the battery is faulty. I spent so much time inspecting each and every wire of my ICE and other accessories, looking for possible leakages. Luckily I have multiple cars, so when the car would not start I had option of taking the other cars out. But that would always leave me with a headache of taking out the battery to charge it again and that leaves this car grounded for most of the time.

The electrolyte has lost its potency again and this time I am going to dump this battery. To Hell with Amaron, any thing else is acceptable!

Incidentally all my cars have Amaron batteries, as I read good reviews about them. But now all replacements will be non-Amaron. I have had good experiences with Exide and SF (which came as stock batteries in car and also power my inverters & UPS) so I will stick with them.

Last edited by ST7677 : 17th September 2013 at 09:58.
ST7677 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks