Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2017, 16:00   #466
BHPian

Mod note: Use Multi Quote [Quote +] instead of back to back posts. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
How did you raise this complaint? Through amaron helpline or directly went to the dealer? 2013 means 4 years and is the battery still in warranty period? If so you stand a chance for some partial respite.

4 years in diesel car is a decent life time if you ask me, if the car is under normal city cycle.
Called amaron helpline. Changed to amaron last year. Ford oe battery gave up. This amaron is just a year old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
I have used Amaron multiple times in the past, and recently changed to the Amaron HiFlo on my Ecosport.
I have once experienced a battery defect, which surfaced within 4-5 months of purchasing and the Amaron dealer had replaced with a brand new battery without a fuss. The only quirk was that the new battery came with a reduced warranty period to account for the duration I used the battery that got changed (2yrs + 2yrs - 5mths).
Not having much luck. When the service guy took it last week he told me distilled water was low and battery is not holding charge. I serviced with chennai ford few months back. Don’t they check for this or is it done only for ford batteries.

Last edited by Jaggu : 25th September 2017 at 16:06.
Old 25th September 2017, 16:05   #467
Team-BHP Support

Re: Amaron batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post
Called amaron helpline. Changed to amaron last year. Ford oe battery gave up. This amaron is just a year old.
Then you definitely have a case, quote the earlier complaint and what was done by the dealer. Ensure this time they agree for a replacement. A 1 year battery even if not used should hold charge once it is bench charged. Hope they had ruled out any other discharge happening via car electrical's and the charging is fine?

Edit i saw this now:

Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post
Not having much luck. When the service guy took it last week he told me distilled water was low and battery is not holding charge. I serviced with chennai ford few months back. Don’t they check for this or is it done only for ford batteries.
First part itself is sign that they need to replace the defective battery. WRT service most of these batteries are maintenance free, and service center might not bother checking. Even Amaron dealers sometimes brushes off such request and one will have to insist to get the level checked.

Last edited by Jaggu : 25th September 2017 at 16:08.
Old 26th September 2017, 13:08   #468
BHPian

From today morning getting a new message immobiliser malfunction. Read elsewhere it could be due to keyfob. Going to try with the spare key.

Anyone else see this message on ecosport?
Old 20th February 2018, 10:43   #469
BHPian

Can anyone help me out with the OE Battery Rating for i10 1.2 Kappa? what is the Alternating rating?
Battery bhai suggests 35 Ah Battery. Just wanted to cross check.
Thx.

Last edited by raihan : 20th February 2018 at 10:55.
Old 20th February 2018, 11:08   #470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan View Post
Can anyone help me out with the OE Battery Rating for i10 1.2 Kappa? what is the Alternating rating?
Battery bhai suggests 35 Ah Battery. Just wanted to cross check.
Thx.
I went with 35 AH both times i changed my battery (Amarom FLO).
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2018, 11:24   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
I went with 35 AH both times i changed my battery (Amarom FLO).
My i10 is almost 9 years old though sparingly used, it's under 20,000Kms.
The OE (Exide?) battery lasted almost 6 years whereas the replacement Amaron 35 Ah conked off in under 3 years & due replacement hence the question.
Old 20th February 2018, 11:41   #472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan View Post
My i10 is almost 9 years old though sparingly used, it's under 20,000Kms.
The OE (Exide?) battery lasted almost 6 years whereas the replacement Amaron 35 Ah conked off in under 3 years & due replacement hence the question.
Mine is of similar vintage, but has run over 88k.
The OEM battery (unsure about the brand) lasted about 4.5 yrs, the second one (Amaron) about 3.7 yrs. The current battery is same as the second one.
Guess on an average we should be ready for a new battery every 4 yrs. Also depends on the heat / humidity / cranking frequency.
Old 31st March 2018, 14:43   #473
Distinguished - BHPian

My Amaron motorcycle battery went dead suddenly a few days ago. The battery was only 1 year 4 months old. It carried a 24 month replacement guarantee and hence took it to the service center on dealer's advice.

They took over the battery with the warranty card for testing and handed me a receipt. Visited them today and they handed me over a new replacement - no questions asked.
Good service.

And just like I believe, I don't mind a one off piece. It is the service quality that matters.

Regards,
Saket.
saket77 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th June 2021, 19:07   #474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Amaron continues to amaze me with their stupendous battery life. That too on OE batteries. And with zero maintenance.
And in a rare case when their battery failed prematurely, they amazed me with a super quick no-questions-asked warranty replacement.

I had put an Amaron Powerzone (their orange variant which is cheaper by few 100Rs, but has same warranty terms as the green ones) on our Scooty Pep+ in July2019. Last week the button-start won't work and since the starter motor was replaced only a year ago, the suspicion was on the battery. Took the battery to the Amaron dealer, who checked it and said it was defective, asked for the warranty card (took a photocopy of it) and handed me a new battery. No charges or waiting period or questions asked. For a battery which had only 1 month left in it's replacement warranty.

Since the time Amaron started business 20years ago, I have been using only Amaron for all replacements & am happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
My 8 months old Amaron Flo battery conked off yesterday. Can anyone let me know what is the procedure of warranty replacement, and how will I be given a standby battery while the warranty formalities is being carried out??
An old query, but still might help others. If battery is in replacement warranty, just go to their dealer, show warranty card and get a new replacement battery pronto. If replacement warranty has ended, you will get a pro-rata discount on the new battery (as per the formula mentioned on the warranty card).

Generally, from my experience over the years, it looks like batteries in sparingly used cars last longer, while batteries in regularly used cars conk off quicker.
Eg, batteries in my Dad's Swift or FIL's AStar have lasted 6years. The OE battery in my CBR250 is 7+ years old and still good. All these vehicles have very sparse running. OTOH, my Baleno batteries barely last 3.5 years - car sees much more city & interstate driving.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 12th June 2021 at 19:09.
supremeBaleno is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2021, 20:23   #475
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
they amazed me with a super quick no-questions-asked warranty replacement.

I had put an Amaron Powerzone on our Scooty Pep+ in July2019. handed me a new battery. No questions asked. For a battery which had only 1 month left in it's replacement warranty.
That's nice to hear, @supremeBaleno. I know several cases where they'd be given a service battery until the replacement arrived.

Quote:
batteries in sparingly used cars last longer, while batteries in regularly used cars conk off quicker
You're right. In sparingly used cars with no parasitic draw, batteries last longer. If the car is used everyday for, say, at least 50km with very little start and stops, the depletion in battery capacity isn't immediately noticeable till, say, 4 years, but the battery suddenly acts up when least expected. First sign is struggling to crank a hot diesel burner. Next stage is losing charge in just a day and not being able to crank at all.

Last edited by vigsom : 12th June 2021 at 20:25.
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2021, 22:13   #476
BHPian

Update on Warranty Experience
I had put Amaron Flo battery in Jun'2019 which has 2 year free replacement warranty.

My Car was unused for 3 months and when I tried starting, the battery was absolutely dead.

Raised complaint on their toll free and I was told that the local team will contact me within 1-2 days. I was told I will get SMS with Complaint details. Nothing happened.

4 days later I called back toll free and I was asked to share Complaint number. When I informed I don't have any number - they were surprised and then used my mobile number to retrieve complaint number. I was again assured that someone will come contact me next day morning. Nothing happened.

I wrote an email to Amara Raja corporate head quarter and get a call from their Bangalore team in couple of hours.
They assure me a distributer will come to me next day morning - take away old battery for inspection/testing and post that they will advise whether they will charge it and re-install or they will replace it.

Next day the distributer comes with a new battery and fixes it. He asked me to give a copy of the warranty card.
No testing no nothing.

Overall I am happy to get a new battery free of cost

Attaching pics.

OLD BATTERY
Amaron batteries-old.jpeg

NEW BATTERY
Amaron batteries-amaron1.jpeg
Amaron batteries-amaron2.jpeg
Amaron batteries-amaron3.jpeg
Amaron batteries-amaron4.jpeg
Amaron batteries-amaron5.jpeg

RECEIPT
Amaron batteries-receipt.jpg
Old 14th February 2022, 14:59   #477
Senior - BHPian

I am on the lookout for Battery for my Bullet 500.
Strictly sticking with the recommended values, does Amaron have 12V 14AH dry battery?

At the product page, there is some option, but I doubt if that's a 14 Ampere.

Name:  Amaron.JPG
Views: 499
Size:  20.3 KB

https://www.amaron.in/choosebattery.php

Also, it would be great if someone can help me understand the nomenclature "ABR-PR-12APBTX50"
Old 14th February 2024, 23:18   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
I am on the lookout for Battery for my Bullet 500.
Strictly sticking with the recommended values, does Amaron have 12V 14AH dry battery?

At the product page, there is some option, but I doubt if that's a 14 Ampere.
Have you checked Amaron site - https://www.amaron.in/choose-your-battery. You can enter your bike make and get the battery model number.

I have an interceptor and put A48ATZ14R model battery, the Amaron site says 12AH but on other websites it says 14AH. If you need 12V 14AH, this might be the battery.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks