Old 3rd December 2008, 09:36   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Whats the right battery for the Bolero?
hi you can go for Amaron hi life 90D26R
Old 3rd December 2008, 10:35   #92
BHPian

I would like to know the recommended model for Swift Petrol.
I have the following mods in my ride:-

Interior Mods:
Basic Sony HU with 4 speakers

Exterior Mods:
Headlights - Philips 100/90w Rally + PMP Relay and wiring kit

Thanks

Last edited by Swifty2008 : 3rd December 2008 at 10:37.
Old 3rd December 2008, 11:14   #93
Senior - BHPian

If we put in a higher rating battery than OEM, can the alternator charge it properly or do we need to change that as well?
Old 3rd December 2008, 11:20   #94
Senior - BHPian

The charging voltage for all batteries is the same. So you don't have change the alternator.
Old 3rd December 2008, 11:33   #95
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemm550 View Post
hi you can go for Amaron hi life 90D26R
Patrao, obrigado.

Will get that one.

Dev Borem Karo.
Old 3rd December 2008, 11:44   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
The charging voltage for all batteries is the same. So you don't have change the alternator.
Any flipside of putting in a higher AH rated battery?
Old 3rd December 2008, 12:11   #97
Senior - BHPian

None that i know of. My old esteem used to run a bigger battery (two sizes up) than stock and I never faced any problems. The only thing is that whatever battery you choose, it needs to fit properly on the battery tray.
Old 3rd December 2008, 12:16   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemm550 View Post
hi,
you might have a problem in fitting the battery in the battery box. i understand that the slot for fitting a battery is just right for only a DIN 44 battery, any ways you can go for Amaron DIN 44 battery as that will take care of all your accesoriescheers:
The old battey is 2 yr old but it is in good condition.the only problem is it dosen't support my requirements, no it not a problem with the box it's a big box of 11" in length and Amaron DIN 44 battery is it 44Ah

Last edited by BAKIYA_2K12 : 3rd December 2008 at 12:24.
Old 3rd December 2008, 12:25   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Beyond a point, this contention is wrong. You have to upgrade your alternator if you want to put a much higher Ah rated battery in your car. There are too many variables involved here. It's not just the voltage of the battery that's important.
If that was so then a Bullet's alternator could have worked in a Tata truck.
Old 3rd December 2008, 12:36   #100
Senior - BHPian

Yes but would anybody be crazy enough to try it. I know that even the charging amperes of the alternator matter. But in a daily drive car I dont think anybody would fit a truck battery. You can go max one or two sizes up (if the battery fits on the battery tray properly) and for these upsizes (if I can call them that) the stock alternator will do. Tried and tested on my esteem. The only reason I went in for a bigger battery is to get longer music play time when vehicle is stationary.
Old 3rd December 2008, 12:41   #101
Senior - BHPian

i think the only difference will be that it will take longer for the alternator to charge the battery
Old 3rd December 2008, 12:47   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
None that i know of. My old esteem used to run a bigger battery (two sizes up) than stock and I never faced any problems. The only thing is that whatever battery you choose, it needs to fit properly on the battery tray.
Thanks Vikram for your input. Not that I am facing a problem currently but I have lot of audio equipment added, a 4 channel amp, a monoblock, 2 subs etc on my Civic. Maybe I will go in for a higher Ah rating battery whenever my current battery fails. Its just 2 years old now and my audio upgrade was done 8 months back.
Old 3rd December 2008, 12:48   #103
Senior - BHPian

Sometimes it does become necessary. There is a fleet taxi operator, for example, in a southern/western city who had to do it in consultation with the car company whose car they use en masse. Their taxis come with credit card swiping machines and walkie talkies etc and all this was being powered by the car battery. No wonder their normal batteries were failing every day. They were advised to do this change and now I am told they are pretty happy.
So it does become necessary sometimes.
Old 3rd December 2008, 12:57   #104
Senior - BHPian

Do walkie talkies and credit card machines take up so much power? This is a genuine question, cause our obscenely loud ICE setups seem to work perfectly well with stock batteries.

My car's stock battery for example handles two amps, one HU, one car fridge, aircon, headlights (these use less power), a pair of hella foglights (consume lots of power) all in one go without any problems. The battery is 2years & 72000 kms old.

So why would a walkie talkie set and credit card machine drain the battery?
Old 3rd December 2008, 15:18   #105
Senior - BHPian

First the difference between your car and the taxis in question - it is possible that your car's alternator is much more efficient than the taxis'. This means your car can recharge the battery much faster than what those taxis could. Second point is the additional load in case of the taxi was pretty high compared to the car's rated maximum output. I don't really know the exact power requirement of the remote connected credit card swipe machine and the walkie talkies but apparently it was considerably higher. We did an extensive research on this and I even have the test report but since I am a non-technical person never bothered much about it. All I know is the batteries had to be upgraded alongwith the alternators and the battery discharge problem was solved.
But I agree your power requirement is pretty high. However, I don't think all your gadgets are on at the same time all the time consistently for a long time. Please also note - the new generation Maruti cars have one of the best electrical designs in the business.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks