Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2012, 01:32   #316
BHPian

re: Amaron batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by longford View Post
Can't believe this! Have the exact same problem and the same steps and the same experience.

3 days after my 30 months warranty of Amaron, exactly 3 weeks ago, my battery was dead when I started on my commute. Called my garage person and he took it to his workshop. He said it is dead and requires a replacement. He offered me 5300 for a new Bosch battery.

Wanting to investigate this further, I told him to charge it and leave it at my place. Next evening, took it to the Amaron shop (Vignesh Innovations, Vashi, Navi Mumbai), the guy checks the battery sheepishly and says the specific gravity is low in all cells and that the battery is not charging despite a 30 kms ride immediately preceeding the pit-stop. So called the garage person, and he agreed to check the alternator circuits the next day. The dealer also indicated that if I wanted he will fully charge the battery also. Of course I wanted that.

Next day no show. The day after the dealer took the battery charged it and returned it the following day. In the meanwhile, the garage checked the alternator and said it had no issues. So, battery all charged up, no alternator problems, car handed back to me, problem over? Not quite.

Ran fine for the next 2 weeks. one day, i noticed the front panel which has the stereo really heated up. Hmm, weird, I thought, I was not blasting my speakers that day. Another day, I noticed that my rear red lights were on even after I took the keys off and the lights switch was set to off.

Then, 2 days ago, again battery dead. This time I wanted an electrician to check the same for the problem. He showed up yest evening with his service battery, jump started the car and promptly said battery replacement. I told him the 2 observations and he offered to check the battery thoroughly and report the findings. In the meanwhile he offered to let me have his service battery to rule out a leak/alternator reverse problem. So far so good. Checked this morning, the service battery was still fine and cranked up also. My battery report awaited this evening. Did not dare to take my car for a commute drive as the fellow's service battery was a huge Innova exide battery and the holding clamp would not fit!

Guys, I am desperately looking for ideas where to look. Also, which battery ? now that this Amaron Flo is expected to be kaput.

Will keep you updated.
Sorry to read another Amaron shocking story.

My battery is working fine since it came back from service center, however I've noticed one thing which dealer didn't answered said service center has done what was needed.
If this part was faulty they should have replaced it instead of removing.

They have removed the "magic eye" which is normally Green and used to show grey color once charge was below normal level.

Amaron batteries-amaron.jpg
I am Never gonna buy a AMARON easily again in my lifetime and will not let any of close friend or family member to go with this brand either.

Last edited by ghpk : 12th May 2012 at 01:33.
Old 12th May 2012, 10:24   #317
BHPian

Update.

The electrician also hinted that the battery is at fault. My garage (Gemini Automobiles) with whom I have a good working,personal relationship, have been kind to go deep into the problem and sort it out.

Just got a call from the owner that he is working with Amaron-Vignesh to get a replacement or a pro-rata done over the next couple of days. Keeping my fingers crossed and prayers said in my mind.
Old 12th May 2012, 10:31   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
Sorry to read another Amaron shocking story.

My battery is working fine since it came back from service center, however I've noticed one thing which dealer didn't answered said service center has done what was needed.
If this part was faulty they should have replaced it instead of removing.

They have removed the "magic eye" which is normally Green and used to show grey color once charge was below normal level.

Attachment 926335
I am Never gonna buy a AMARON easily again in my lifetime and will not let any of close friend or family member to go with this brand either.
Ghk - it is indeed very shocking. I bought Amaron over Exide/Standard because it was highly recommended by our friends here at tbhp. I was also looking out for Tata/Bosch batteries then as well. Bosch is a lil pricey at 6300 MRP for a 18 month warranty. I wonder what battery they use in the high end cars.

But, be careful post the service center visit. In my case, all was just fine for 2 odd weeks before it hit dead again and had me in spins.

Either that brand is going to dogs or we got stuck with a bad batch.

cheers
Old 2nd June 2012, 15:24   #319
BHPian

Update.

The second time the battery went dead, I referred to another battery electrician to figure out what was wrong. Sent my car over to the garage and he seemed upset over me referring the battery to another fellow.

350 bucks for charging by that battery guy and no real problems reported by that guy. Then again the alternator is checked and other electricals. The Amaron guy (Vignesh Innovations) kept saying that leave the battery with them for it to be checked before replacement. A few days go by in waiting and comes back saying battery is fine. Fully charged up, my garage returns the car saying all is well.

Friday I drive 40-50 kms and park it. Fine so far. Sat,Sun the car was not used. Monday morning car used for 40-50 kms. Tuesday morning battery dead again.

Again the routine stuff happens with me pleading haplessly for a immediate and lasting solution. Empower the garage guy to take whatever steps necessary. He picks up where he left off with the dealer and the dealer coolly offers pro-rata replacement only.

Stradled with a choice of Rs3700 (7300-45%) pro-rata Amaron battery with no replacement warranty and a new Bosch battery with 2 years replacement at 5300, I had a tough choice and went ahead with the Bosch.

Its only 3 days since then and I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

Very curious to study the indicators which point to a failing battery clearly without mud slinging between the unit and the charging system.
Old 7th August 2012, 18:08   #320
BHPian

I have a santro with amaron battery
If i stop my car at signal , or stop suddenly and then start immediately
i am not able to start it in one go
I need to do it 3-4 times then it starts
Another day , I stop at signal and immediately start it
it did not start, so if i stop it and start again immediately
it dose not start
Is it something to battery?
or any other problem?
I did not check battery over a year now,
Do we need to put distilled water in a battery or it is not needed in new batteries?
Old 8th August 2012, 11:11   #321
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep joshi View Post
I have a santro with amaron battery. If i stop my car at signal , or stop suddenly and then start immediately i am not able to start it in one go. I need to do it 3-4 times then it starts. Do we need to put distilled water in a battery or it is not needed in new batteries?
Seems more like a clogged fuel line or a fuel flow problem due to clogged injectors than a battery problem. Do a full clean of the fuel system and that will take care of this problem. As preventive maintenance, you can check the battery once every six months or so. Amaron batteries usually don't need any top-up of distilled water.
Old 6th October 2012, 17:49   #322
BHPian

Got my Ritz Diesel (DIN 65MF) an Amaron GO 65 Ah battery with shelf life of 3 months.

Costed me Rs. 5300 after exchange of OEM Exide.
In other shops it stood between 5500 to 5800.

Just keeping you all informed on the latest price.
Old 21st November 2012, 16:55   #323
BHPian

My OEM batter with my car Inidca Vista TDI (Diesel engine same as Indigo) lasted 3 years 7 months. The OEM battery was EXIDE MF50Z having 50 AH rating, it was not a maintenance free battery.

I replaced it last week by 65D26R make: AMARON, 65 AH maintenance free battery.
The cost incurred was 4800 Rs after a lot of bargaining through "Just Dial". I got 18 months replacement warranty and then 18 months Pro-rata basis battery.
Old 11th December 2012, 16:29   #324
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone here tell me how to decode a battery manufacturing date code ?

I am looking to buy Amaron go for my Swift VXI. this is available for around 3K after 500rs discount. just trying to confirm how i can check if the battery is not old shelf life
Old 11th December 2012, 16:38   #325
gpa
Senior - BHPian

With Amaron, you get a warranty card that mentions the month and year of manufacture of the battery. The same sticker is on the top of the battery so you can cross verify if the same before you buy
gpa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2012, 17:30   #326
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longford View Post
Friday I drive 40-50 kms and park it. Fine so far. Sat,Sun the car was not used. Monday morning car used for 40-50 kms. Tuesday morning battery dead again.

Again the routine stuff happens with me pleading haplessly for a immediate and lasting solution. Empower the garage guy to take whatever steps necessary. He picks up where he left off with the dealer and the dealer coolly offers pro-rata replacement only.
Hi,

If the charging system is fine and so is the battery, why did you change the battery? My Tucson's battery went absolutely dead so much so that even the instrument cluster lamps did not work. This was after a week of idle (but everything was fine before that). With the help of the Amaron dealer, we removed the battery, took it to their shop for charging, and allowed it to charge for 2 days and 1 night (as it was completely dead). When we brought it back to the car, we wanted to find the root cause, so he connected the +ve cable but while connecting the -ve, he brought the cable slowly near the -ve terminal of the battery without actually connecting it and there was a spark. This clearly indicated that wiring was immediately taking some current out of the battery, so we went around the car and finally found a lamp that was ON :-) Sounds simple but happens. Worth checking out in your case.

Cheers!
anandpadhye is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2013, 00:43   #327
BHPian

Anyone bought Amaron battery for swift Vdi recently? Amaron shop near my home in Thrissur is quoting 5.8k. Is the rate reasonable? A friend suggested Tata green battery which is available at 4.8k after used battery buy back. How good are they?
Old 5th January 2013, 11:56   #328
BHPian

I got am Amaron Flo for 3900 with exchange of old battery. Now the crank is super fast.
Old 7th January 2013, 11:53   #329
Senior - BHPian

Bought Amaron Black for my Alto last week. 18months warranty is all it has but hoping it would last longer like all my previous experiences with Amaron. INR 2600 with buy-in of old battery.
Old 7th January 2013, 12:15   #330
BANNED

I got one for my Santro a few years back. Four year warranty - started packing up after about 33 months. It was cheaper to buy another with a three year warranty than to claim the pro-rata rebate. Overall we have been happy with Amaron in our various cars (myself as well as our son).

Most Viewed