Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2013, 17:52   #346
BHPian

re: Amaron batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_delight View Post
I replaced the Exide which came with factory, with Amaron Go, 85D26L for my Vista.
All of a sudden ,the battery just died. It had run for full 3 years. Called up the tata helpline number and they arrived within one hour. They jump started the vehicle and told me to go to nearest svc station. In the svc station, they checked for alternator and battery, alternator was OK, but the battery was dead.

Called up the Amaron pitstop and they quoted 5300 including exchange of old battery. I said ok and asked them to come tomorrow. Meanwhile searched on internet for other dealers and first dealer quoted 4800+ 100(transportation), so totally 4900. I said yes, and cancelled the pitstop booking.

However i was worried about the mfg date of the battery as i had called for installation over phone and was not sure of the same, if it'll be within one month or not. But thankfully, it was May,13.

So, got it installed and the crank was indeed faster as told in their website, total peace of mind..
However one small problem, the clamp is not very tight. So, will have to put something in the between the rope of the clamp. I am not sure how tight will it be, but got an additional work to keep inspecting the clamp rope tightening the battery.
Yes this is a smaller battery when compared to the OEM exide battery. I faced the same issue as well. Don't let the battery remain lose as it can be a problem. Something which I did was to place a metal piece at the base of the battery where the clamp fixes on. There are 3 bolts located at the base of the battery holder. Loosen them and include the metal piece.( You might have to remove the bolts)
I got this metal piece from a welding shop. It is now secured tightly.
bigben is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 15:24   #347
Distinguished - BHPian

Many mixed opinion on Exide whereas the Amaron seems to be more reliable in practical world. Let me tell my case > I was quite ignorant of how car services work and which part needs attention when, I merely knew how to turn the ignition and drive away. Stock Exide Freedom 45 - little under 60months so far, no hiccup at any point of time.. reading the previous posts this seems mighty impressive to me. I feel Panasonic's and Bosch's must make more affordable batteries with wider dealerships to make that breakthrough. As far as Exide goes I'm one happy customer. The Getz too has been a niggleless, loyal road companion, a true ol' faithful.
Old 10th June 2013, 20:21   #348
Senior - BHPian

The Amaron OE battery that came with our Swift-ZXi gave up the ghost last week after 6 years of service. To be precise, it lasted 6 years & 2 months.
I don't think any other battery (OE or replacement) has lasted us this long in any of our cars. And to think that this car is used very sparingly (once a week or so) and thus lies in the garage unused a lot - odo reads only 30K kms.

Comparitively the Baleno that is used 5 days a week is on it's 3rd battery now in 8 years 2 months. :(
Old 21st June 2013, 19:23   #349
BHPian

The 6 year old Amaron battery on my car is now crying out for replacement. I have been happy with the brand and would like to go for the same. A search on Amaron's website shows me the following options:
  • Fresh
  • Black
  • Go
  • Flo
  • Pro

The above list is in increasing order of price as per BatteryBhai.

I was unable to find any description of these on the Amaron website. The description mentioned on BatteryBhai for each of these makes it all the more difficult to decide what is really the difference between them. However, the difference in price is substantial.

Can someone please tell me what really is the difference between all these? My car is regularly used, has higher wattage headlamps and the ICE has a 4ch amp. I am looking to change the battery latest by tomorrow evening, hence any help would be helpful. Thanks.
Old 1st July 2013, 17:17   #350
BHPian

This saturday, changed my Vista QJD's 4yr old Exide OE battery to Amaron Go (18+18) for Rs 5000 (with exchange of old battery) in velachery Chennai.
Old 22nd July 2013, 09:27   #351
Senior - BHPian

My Exide OEM battery suddenly washed off its hands last Friday, the car not cranking at all. The Tata folks came over and jump started the car and asked me to get the battery checked. Since I had a service scheduled on the same day, I took the car over. They checked the battery specific gravity and to my surprise one of the cells it was totally zero. The car along with the battery is not even 2 years old. The only auxiliary things are the amp & DRL lights, which I don't think would have contributed to this fiasco since the car was running fine until Thursday night.

Anyways, this time I opted for Amaron (AAM-GO-000 95D26R) 65AH battery with 18 months FOC, hopefully the choice is good. The car is still at the service station so can't check how the battery is performing. They had checked the alternator and it was working fine showing around 14 volts.

A new problem cropped up when the service center guys told me that they were not able to fix it in place. I am not sure where the problem is because the battery was sitting properly on the tray, it was just a question of bolting the strap in place. I gave the T.A.S.S a warning and told them to try to fix it as the battery in question is recommend for Manza. Lets see what they have to say today.

Last edited by motomaverick : 22nd July 2013 at 09:29.
Old 22nd July 2013, 10:59   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
My Exide OEM battery suddenly washed off its hands last Friday, the car not cranking at all. The Tata folks came over and jump started the car and asked me to get the battery checked. Since I had a service scheduled on the same day, I took the car over. They checked the battery specific gravity and to my surprise one of the cells it was totally zero. The car along with the battery is not even 2 years old. The only auxiliary things are the amp & DRL lights, which I don't think would have contributed to this fiasco since the car was running fine until Thursday night.

Anyways, this time I opted for Amaron (AAM-GO-000 95D26R) 65AH battery with 18 months FOC, hopefully the choice is good. The car is still at the service station so can't check how the battery is performing. They had checked the alternator and it was working fine showing around 14 volts.

A new problem cropped up when the service center guys told me that they were not able to fix it in place. I am not sure where the problem is because the battery was sitting properly on the tray, it was just a question of bolting the strap in place. I gave the T.A.S.S a warning and told them to try to fix it as the battery in question is recommend for Manza. Lets see what they have to say today.
motomaverick - I think I can help on this. Amaron battery is a tad smaller in height than Exide and since the battery tightening mechanism in manza is strap (goes over the top from side to side), it becomes loose with Amaron.

So what I did is just took the strap to a nearby tailor and asked him to fold it about an inch (you can measure how much) and stitch over it multiple times to reduce its length. This 'jugaad' is reversible as well, all you need to do is remove these stitches from the folded strap. No need to cut the strap, just folding will do.

I have not had any issues with this arrangement for last year or so.
Old 22nd July 2013, 11:03   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
motomaverick - I think I can help on this. Amaron battery is a tad smaller in height than Exide and since the battery tightening mechanism in manza is strap (goes over the top from side to side), it becomes loose with Amaron.

So what I did is just took the strap to a nearby tailor and asked him to fold it about an inch (you can measure how much) and stitch over it multiple times to reduce its length. This 'jugaad' is reversible as well, all you need to do is remove these stitches from the folded strap. No need to cut the strap, just folding will do.

I have not had any issues with this arrangement for last year or so.
Hey thanks for the update, let me call those TASS buggers and tell them of this juggad, I dont know if they will oblige but lets see.
Old 23rd July 2013, 08:05   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey thanks for the update, let me call those TASS buggers and tell them of this juggad, I dont know if they will oblige but lets see.
Well sad news the Amaron 95D26R battery does not fit the Manza Quadrajet 2011 model battery compartment, the battery itself is few cm large in size, so I had to sadly go back to OEM Exide Max DIN55. Thankfully Exide is at least now giving 18 months warranty.

The funny part is, the Exide company has changed the position of the terminals for this battery so we had to struggle with the negative wire to fix it. It seems the Amaron Go 95D26R is suited for Manza Club class, I dont believe that information but the dealers are having car model information that states Manza EX, VX works with 95D26R battery.
Old 26th July 2013, 01:50   #355
Senior - BHPian

My Amaron 2009 car battery finally gave up about a week ago. Well, it didn't exactly just give up, but I could tell that the time was pretty near, so no point stretching luck further.

Lasted about 4 years and saw at least 6 deep discharges as the car was not in use for extended periods, at different times. Else, I'm pretty sure it would have lasted much longer. For the kind of use it saw, I can't complain about its lifespan at all. I'v seen Exide and SF with similar usage pattern giving up the ghost much earlier.

Replaced it with another Amaron, of course. This time got the least expensive one.. the one with a year's warranty. No point in getting higher versions when usage is so erratic. Even this one is zero maintainence. No need to top up for life.

Last edited by Raccoon : 26th July 2013 at 01:51.
Old 26th July 2013, 03:41   #356
BHPian

Quote:
The funny part is, the Exide company has changed the position of the terminals for this battery so we had to struggle with the negative wire to fix it.
It must hold good for Exide too. I know that Amaron have two different terminal configuration for each battery models(similar to dextro and levo configuration). It all depends on the position of negative and positive terminal location in the varying car model since the terminals are a little off-centre. Too much twisting and stretching the negative wire may have some consequence in long run, please recheck and get the correct model specification battery.

I feel TATA A.S.S have goofed up. Please contact some wholesale Exide dealer in your area, he might be able to solve this problem.

Regards
Old 26th July 2013, 11:46   #357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grr7 View Post
It must hold good for Exide too. I know that Amaron have two different terminal configuration for each battery models(similar to dextro and levo configuration). It all depends on the position of negative and positive terminal location in the varying car model since the terminals are a little off-centre. Too much twisting and stretching the negative wire may have some consequence in long run, please recheck and get the correct model specification battery.

I feel TATA A.S.S have goofed up. Please contact some wholesale Exide dealer in your area, he might be able to solve this problem.

Regards
Dont think Tata A.S.S have goofed up, because they were willing to fix only Exide. I think the battery dealer goofed up with the battery models and I dont know how come Tata changed the battery compartment size in the Club class, not sure if its true. Its quite frustrating when you dont get what you want even though it is manufactured.
Old 26th July 2013, 12:27   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Dont think Tata A.S.S have goofed up, because they were willing to fix only Exide. I think the battery dealer goofed up with the battery models and I dont know how come Tata changed the battery compartment size in the Club class, not sure if its true. Its quite frustrating when you dont get what you want even though it is manufactured.
Yes, definitely dealer goofed up. TATA was just ignorant towards the existence of the terminal specific model for the car manufactured by them.

I can say it with confidence because I faced the same problem while installing a new battery in my SX4. The dealer gave the battery with terminals on different side which he promptly replaced when this was brought to his notice. That is when I came to know about different terminal placements for each batter model manufactured.
Old 30th July 2013, 20:19   #359
BHPian

Got myself a new Amaron battery for my Honda City (2009) for 3.4k after discount & exchange for older stock battery which was a Standard Furukawa. I went for the Flo model (42B20L) with 48 months warranty.

I hope this was a good price that I paid.
Old 30th July 2013, 21:28   #360
BHPian

Thumbs up Amaron! The amaron battery which came OEM in my swift lxi lasted a whooping 7+ years from Jan 2006 till march 2013 . Amaron does know how to make quality batteries.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks