Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2013, 17:52   #376
BHPian

re: Amaron batteries

Sorry to hear that ST7677, just to know did the battery dealer replace the electrolyte before selling or was one of those cell defective from the factory ?

May be this is the first time i have heard a bad review on Amaron. I myself replaced my Swift VDi battery around 2 months back to Amaron GO (18+18 warranty)for around 5.2k. Of my civic with Amaron Pro (30+30) similar to yours, 1.5yrs back. No issues till date.

Now, fingers crossed :-)
Old 22nd September 2013, 13:38   #377
BHPian

As a result of closure of Amaron's branch at Andheri East, Mumbai closing down, i searched and could not find any alternative. A request in this thread also did not elicit response. Finally was able to stumble upon a dealer at Andheri East who quoted Rs4400. He informed that he would send his representative to check the battery before replacement. Even after 2 weeks and two rounds of phone reminder nothing did work. Went back to my Exide dealer with whom I have been dealing for the past 10 years, he gave immediately a substitute battery when taking the old one for checkup. Finally replaced the battery the same of my OE. Incidentally the vehicle was purchased / registered in January 2009 end whereas the vehicle was manufactured in Oct 2008. Say 4.5 years of life. It is ok. Would not go for Amaron again in view of the poor service till am at Mumbai.
Old 4th October 2013, 16:14   #378
Distinguished - BHPian

Any recommended shop to buy Amaron battery in Bangalore? Also, I would like to know the model or product code for Dzire diesel. Anything else that I should be aware of while buying the battery?

Last edited by arun_josie : 4th October 2013 at 16:32.
Old 4th October 2013, 19:18   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Any recommended shop to buy Amaron battery in Bangalore? Also, I would like to know the model or product code for Dzire diesel. Anything else that I should be aware of while buying the battery?
Lot of shops on Hosur Raod. JUSTDIAL enquiry will bring in a lot of options, choose as you will and make sure to check out the manufacturing date to be the most recent one.

Not sure about the model though, check out the amaron india site.
Old 5th October 2013, 21:03   #380
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi22 View Post
Lot of shops on Hosur Raod. JUSTDIAL enquiry will bring in a lot of options, choose as you will and make sure to check out the manufacturing date to be the most recent one.

Not sure about the model though, check out the amaron india site.
Thanks Adi22!

I changed the battery today with Amaron GO 565106590, it cost me Rs.5700. I purchased this from Karuna Auto Electricals, Near SBI Bank, Bilekahalli Layout, BG Road. This shop was recommended by Mandovi MASS, JP Nager. Looks like this guy supply batteries to Mandovi.

0-18 Months - Free Replacement
19-36 Months - Pro-rated Compensation.

Price quoted by Kalyani MASS - 6600, BIMAL MASS - 6300, Other dealers - Between 5300 - 6300.
Old 20th October 2013, 19:40   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Got BLACK for INR 4300 after buy back of old battery. Installed last weekend and doing good.
Hi,
kindly share your experience with Amaron. what is the current power (amp) of battery ?

just posted : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3270794

urgently need to change.
Old 21st October 2013, 09:10   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
Hi,
kindly share your experience with Amaron. what is the current power (amp) of battery ?

just posted : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3270794

urgently need to change.
Hi Pranav,

I have a good experience with Amaron so far on all the cars including Xylo. Amaron Black is the cheapest of the lot, and the main difference is in the warranty terms. Higher end models, the green ones are claimed to have better electrodes (god knows!). I do not trust the pro-rata part and hence chose Black.

Model is BL700RMF and it is only 65AH as I understand. Shall update if there is any difference after cross checking.
jacs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2013, 14:01   #383
BHPian

Also posted in the 'Replace my battery thread'

I have a 2009 Xylo which has clocked over 43K kms. I have got external Hellas installed as well with separate control switch inside the cabin. Point to note is that this was bought from the US and the switch is installed the way it is out there. Up is Off! Additionally, the lamp lenses are covered with hard plastic cover.

That being the background, during a recent visit to M&M workshop, the mechanic thinking that the switch is 'on' put it to 'off' position with the result that the lamps got turned on but not noticeable due to the covers.

No issues returning back, but next morning the battery was completely drained. No cranking power and feeble lighting on electronics.

Local Amaron shop is telling me that the battery is dead since it is OEM and has lasted 4 years. I differ since there was no problem prior to this incident and vehicle started on first crank. I have still asked him to charge it and will see what happens.

What do BHPians think? Will a complete drain affect the battery? Should I replace it for peace of mind?

I have a long drive coming up post Diwali and want to play it absolutely safe.
Old 29th October 2013, 15:21   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
What do BHPians think? Will a complete drain affect the battery? Should I replace it for peace of mind?

in my Xylo, the OEM fitted Exide lasted for 3.5 years (82K KM). just two days back, got Amaron Go @ Rs.4900 net.

Earlier my vehicle used to start at the first small attempt, even after standing for 3-4 days. This is where I believe the CCA reserve comes into picture. Got many tests done (SPG, voltmeter etc) and concluded that internally the cells had weakened. The alternator's job is to maintain 100% State of Charge on battery, while running. But with weak cells, this couldnt be achieved, and eventually the battery will die. You would even notice the long self start. I believe even the heat generated in engine bay would contribute to battery life.

if the cells itself have gone weak, then it wouldnt help to 'recharge' the battery. Typical shops charge Rs.100-200 per overnight recharge and liquid changes.

Now, with newer battery, the self start is quick in my case.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 25th April 2016 at 07:47. Reason: Corrected as per reported post
pcpranav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2013, 15:35   #385
BHPian

Thanks Pranav.

So far the OEM Amaron has served it's purpose well, Even after a 40 day break when I was not in town (couple of months ago), the Xylo started without any issues. That is the reason I am inclined towards trying out the recharge mode first.

Since my wife went to drop the battery for charging, It's possible that the shopkeeper tried to do a fast one. He would've got some good money from the used market. The same guy was quite efficient when I got the battery changed on my Estilo and even did a home drop at my convenience.

BTW, any specific reason for the Black model? The amaron site suggests the same one too, but it has lower warranty period.
Old 29th October 2013, 15:56   #386
Distinguished - BHPian

My Zen may need a battery replacement soon. Want to choose an Amaron. Which model should I go for? The Amaron website suggests these models:

Amaron batteries-untitled.jpg

Quote:
BTW, any specific reason for the Black model? The amaron site suggests the same one too, but it has lower warranty period.
Same question?
Old 1st November 2013, 18:55   #387
BHPian

Quote:

1) The battery is already old, by battery standards
2) It has suffered a deep discharge, which is not good for a battery. Some never recover from this (especially older ones).

Surest way is to do a specific gravity test on all the cells, and a voltmeter test when engine is off, then on.

Unfortunately many times we have to trust the service provider without knowing the truth.
Old 24th November 2013, 12:27   #388
BHPian

After 3 years 8 months the OEM Exide battery on my Dzire VDI finally started to show signs of old age. The cranking was not smooth and took longer than usual. The 2 dreaded warning lights (service light and water in fuel filter light) came up as well. Thankfully while googling for battery options and warning lights I came to know that these 2 warning lights in Dzire come up when the battery voltage drops to below normal and usually suggest a battery replacement (how on earth someone can relate a water in fuel warning with a battery problem?).

Went to Amaron pitstop and was suggested Amaron Black 65 DIN battery for Rs 4500. The guy also told me that there is another 65 DIN Black model for Rs 4100 however that is not a standard fit for Dzire and would be a "jugaad fit". However he left the final option on me to decide and I obviously went for the former with a standard fit. Battery was changed in no time. Asked the guy to put jelly on the terminals which he was obviously not intending to do. Cranked the car and it was back to the original smooth start. The 2 warning lights also disappeared. Came back 100% satisfied!!

Wondering why Maruti is not recalling Dzires for this known warning light issue. Whats worse than having warning lights that suggest things other than what they is meant for. Thanks to Google and Team-bhp I was saved from a trip to MASS and god knows the amount of time and money they would have asked for it.
Old 19th December 2013, 18:41   #389
BHPian

55 AH FLO for Rs.6000. Ordered on carbatteryexpert.com - a guy arrived at my office parking basement and installed. Highly recommended!
Old 3rd January 2014, 05:53   #390
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,

Probably need to replace my 31 month old Cruze's batteries. Starting is now lethargic and don't want to be stranded suddenly.

Should I go for replacing the stock Exide FEF1 DIN80 with another Exide or go for Amaron Flo 80AH? Confused as the Amason website doesn't show the Cruze but does have the Optra Magnum diesel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks