Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2015, 12:06   #451
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Amaron batteries

Folks, Need some help with finding the right battery for my Swift Dzire 2009 model.
Please respond here
Old 25th April 2016, 11:54   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
in my Xylo, the OEM fitted Exide lasted for 3.5 years (82K KM). just two days back, got Amaron Go @ Rs.4900 net.
Hi friends,
its been about 30 months since by above post, and current ODO is ~152K KMs!

Since last few days, I noticed that cranking time has bit increased. My vehicle is almost daily used, and the running is quite high.
Yday went to the Amaron shop (from where I purchased earlier) and asked him to check battery:
- first he checked with volt meter connected to terminal and started car & AC + lights : voltage was bit low; specific gravity of water seemed OK;
- then he entirely dismantled the battery and connected to another meter in his shop : said "1 or 2 cells" has become weak, and water level is just perfect;

So, as per him the battery is weak and needs to be changed, but I conveyed of prolonging the purchase atleast for 1-2 months. As per his calculations, the net price (after returning old) is similar to by way of deducting the 'pro-rate' warranty. He also suggested to upgrade from 65 Ah to 75 Ah - but I have a doubt about alternator load.

another thing I noticed :
3 days back, the vehicle DDAS console just got reset, and my HU's config were also reset. I had to setup the date/time etc settings.

Just few minutes back, I drove nearby for some work, and saw that DDAS was again reset. There was no issue starting the vehicle, a bit long cracking.

Any suggestions / inputs on above matter is welcome.

regards,

Last edited by Zappo : 25th April 2016 at 17:32. Reason: Posts merged ass requested
Old 29th April 2016, 13:34   #453
BHPian

Latest Updates:
You may refer a bit background on this post : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...ml#post3961963

Exide Mileage MI700 was quoted at Rs.5400 net (i.e. after giving old battery).

Today purchased Amaron Go (65Ah) for Rs.4100 net.
Previous purchase of same model was Rs.4900 as reported in my earlier post, maybe this time the discount calculations was higher, battery being in the pro-rata Warranty period (+18 months).

regards,

Last edited by pcpranav : 29th April 2016 at 13:39. Reason: Exide price
Old 9th June 2016, 04:18   #454
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear team,

My 8 months old Amaron Flo battery conked off yesterday. Surprisingly it showed no signs of weakness before giving up the ghost.

I have documented the entire ordeal here- Click to open

I have lodged a complaint on their toll free number. Cam anyone let me know what is the procedure of warranty replacement, and how will I be given a standby battery while the warranty formalities is being carried out??

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th October 2016, 14:49   #455
mxx
BHPian

Can anyone suggest a reliable amaron dealer in marathalli, brookefields or whitefield areas in Banaglore?
Old 18th October 2016, 17:18   #456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Depends on lot of factors - brand, usage etc. In our Swift, the OEM Exide battery lasted 6 years, while I have been replacing battery on my Baleno every 3-4 years max.

My sister's Alto was not cranking and it was a clear battery issue. ... Popped the bonnet and see a 02/09 marking on the Amaron, indicating a 2009 make. Still, 6+ years is not a bad life for a battery.
Amaron continues to amaze me with their stupendous battery life. That too on OE batteries. And with zero maintenance (no electrolyte check like in the past).

Last week the battery of our Dec2010 Astar_AT gave up - Dash lights would come up, but no juice to crank the engine. That's a life of almost 6 years, on a car that is sparingly used (30k kms).

Replaced it with a new Amaron Flo (2+2 yrs warranty) for Rs3400 (after deducting 612Rs for the old battery).
Old 9th April 2017, 16:47   #457
Senior - BHPian

Had to retire the Amaron battery of my Baleno after 6 years of service. Though it did not have any major issues, I decided to replace owing to its age. Would not want get a sudden breakdown.

Replaced with Amaron Flo 35Ah. Paid 3600/- after getting a refund of 600/- on the old one.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2017, 14:37   #458
BHPian

Folks.. My Maruti SX4 battery died today after 4 years of life.
I am planning to go with Amaron PRO battery. When I check the compatibility, I get to see Amaron 35 Ah Battery | AAM-PR-00050B20R product but the dealers are asking me to use Amaron 35 Ah Battery | AAM-PR-00050B20L and they claim that reversing the terminal will work.

Is it recommended or should I use previous one only ?
Old 1st June 2017, 16:29   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
Folks.. My Maruti SX4 battery died today after 4 years of life.
I am planning to go with Amaron PRO battery. When I check the compatibility, I get to see Amaron 35 Ah Battery | AAM-PR-00050B20R product but the dealers are asking me to use Amaron 35 Ah Battery | AAM-PR-00050B20L and they claim that reversing the terminal will work.

Is it recommended or should I use previous one only ?
I think that dealer is trying to push what he has in stock on you. Reversed terminal locations will, if the battery cables even fit, excessive tension and this could lead to damage to the cables or the battery itself. Go to a different dealer or try battery bhai.
Motard_Blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2017, 17:01   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
I think that dealer is trying to push what he has in stock on you. Reversed terminal locations will, if the battery cables even fit, excessive tension and this could lead to damage to the cables or the battery itself. Go to a different dealer or try battery bhai.
Should there be an issue of tension in cables ? What I understood from him is that he will reverse the position of the battery and hence right kind of cable will be at right kind of terminal.
I checked with Battery Bhai and other online portals and it seems all of them point to the same dealer in back-end.
Old 1st June 2017, 17:40   #461
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
Should there be an issue of tension in cables ? What I understood from him is that he will reverse the position of the battery and hence right kind of cable will be at right kind of terminal.
I checked with Battery Bhai and other online portals and it seems all of them point to the same dealer in back-end.
Tell the dealer to take a hike he's trying to palm off existing possibly old stock.

Your car needs a 'R' battery and that's what you should get. All the batteries listed here are 35AH 'R' orientation batteries.

http://www.batterybhai.com/battery-l...1/360/1/1.html

How much tension there is in the battery cables depends on the length. But why do this when there is a correct option available?
Old 2nd June 2017, 09:58   #462
BHPian

All the portals are showing *R battery but when I place the order and a local city representative calls me, none have *R battery and surprisingly all the portals (Battery vale, Battery Bhai etc.) are getting the orders executed through same vendor.

I think I might have to scout for Brick and Mortar store in Ahmedabad.
Old 25th September 2017, 14:13   #463
BHPian

Amaron hiflo on ecosport

Hey guys

Last September my ford battery on my 2013 ecosport titanium gave up and per bhpians advice went with amaron hiflo battery. Last week I got a message on the display brake system malfunction park safely called up asc they told me check the battery.

Called up amaron, service guys came and took the battery kept it for two days without giving a loaner. After 2 days they said battery is charged and fixed it.

After a week now im getting the same message unable to start or lock the car. Car is stuck at a relatives place. Service center wants me to remove the battery and take it to them.

Is this how the service process is for batteries in general or is this a process amaron follows?

Thanks
Srini

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 25th September 2017 at 14:22. Reason: typo
Old 25th September 2017, 14:23   #464
Team-BHP Support

How did you raise this complaint? Through amaron helpline or directly went to the dealer? 2013 means 4 years and is the battery still in warranty period? If so you stand a chance for some partial respite.

4 years in diesel car is a decent life time if you ask me, if the car is under normal city cycle.
Old 25th September 2017, 14:38   #465
Senior - BHPian

Re: Amaron hiflo on ecosport

Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post
Is this how the service process is for batteries in general or is this a process amaron follows?
Thanks
Srini
I have used Amaron multiple times in the past, and recently changed to the Amaron HiFlo on my Ecosport.
I have once experienced a battery defect, which surfaced within 4-5 months of purchasing and the Amaron dealer had replaced with a brand new battery without a fuss. The only quirk was that the new battery came with a reduced warranty period to account for the duration I used the battery that got changed (2yrs + 2yrs - 5mths).

Most Viewed