Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2006, 19:47   #1
BHPian

Amaron batteries

I want to buy a battery for my skoda octavia 1.9Tdi.Someone told me that amron batteries are good.Can someone advice me which battery is good for skoda?Amron batteries have 4years warranty.What about going for Exide?
Old 9th November 2006, 23:47   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

I have got some bad things to say about exide and would not recommend it to you. Amaron is pretty good, have been using one for 3.5 years in my lancer and no trouble at all. Had an amaron for 2 years in my Uno before I sold it.
Prestolite makes some good car batteries too. They used to market a german battery called Leader, extremely good dry battery. If you can get it, do so by all means.
Apart from this I can also recommend to you Bosch Silver batteries. Not very popular (read: not easily available) but rather good.
Cheers.
Old 9th November 2006, 23:57   #3
Senior - BHPian

About Amaron, I have the same (positive) experience as Sam.

I'm using a High Capacity Amaron in my Palio now and it is holding up really well. I like their (Amaron's) service too. My car was down with the Exide that was in it previously one evening. I called the local Amaron hotline at 4 in the evening (on a saturday), and I had a spanking new Amaron in my car by 6.00PM. They came to my place and did the install so fast I couldn't believe it. I go out only on weekends, and I really hate losing my weekend drives. Those guys definitely saved me a bad weekend of brooding at home.
Old 10th November 2006, 00:07   #4
kph
BHPian

Go Amaron, It's been almost one year since i touched my Amaron battery. It was a replacement to the dead Exide in my car.
Old 10th November 2006, 01:48   #5
BHPian

Even though amaron offers 4 year warranty, i think they stop replacing the entire battery after one or two years if something goes wrong with the battery ..there is a catch in the deal, just get urself confirmed before you pick up, but yes Amaron's are gud. I had them on my bolero, and they were perfectly fine at the time i sold my jeep.....
Old 10th November 2006, 02:32   #6
BHPian

I remember when Amaron batteries were launched, they were sold as a battery with the maximum warranty but people faced a lot of trouble with them so the brand share went down real bad. Seems like its picked up a lot now.

Sam, can you please throw some light if this battery is good for my car with this ICE --> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/312951-post228.html

Will the Bosch Silver batteries or Prestolite battery be better and what are the prices/warranty?
Old 10th November 2006, 07:00   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango
Even though amaron offers 4 year warranty, i think they stop replacing the entire battery after one or two years if something goes wrong with the battery ..there is a catch in the deal, just get urself confirmed before you pick up, but yes Amaron's are gud. I had them on my bolero, and they were perfectly fine at the time i sold my jeep.....
Yep. The "Replacement" warranty ends at 2 years. That is the free-of-cost replacement. After that, they have a rate of depreciation that kicks in. That is you'll need to pay a small amount for the replacement that is supposed to be toward depreciation. Your dealer will let you know exactly how much this amount is.
Old 10th November 2006, 09:13   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja
Sam, can you please throw some light if this battery is good for my car with this ICE --> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/312951-post228.html
I must correct you here ankit, it is shed some light. lol
Of course I shed more hair than light.

Yes go ahead, both the Amaron and the Bosch Silver are fine for your setup.
Old 10th November 2006, 09:56   #9
BHPian

Jerish,My friend replaced his C-class batteries with Amaron.Its working absolutely fine.He was offered "Varta" batteries by Mercedes India,but he opted for amaron because they gave a better deal,both in terms of price and warranty period.
Old 10th November 2006, 11:13   #10
Senior - BHPian

[SIZE=2]Amaron was OE in my Santro. Been a year and a half... no complaints so far (touch wood!).[/SIZE]
Old 10th November 2006, 11:44   #11
BHPian

I vouch for the Bosch Silver Batteries, and also the Panasonic Varta ones are very good. HAd put it in my Ex Honda City, and it lasted good. But again, not easily available.
Old 10th November 2006, 12:26   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

I agree. Some of the best batteries don't sell in this country.

For example, Optima batteries ( a world wide standard in ICE) WERE available in india, no more now.
2 of the better batteries worldwide, Bosch Silver and panasonic varta (Both excellent batteries) are so hard to find. Most battery dealers will give you a blank look or a flat no, if you ask for them. I don't get it.
MICO has some of the best auto distribution networks in the country. They sell the bosch battery. Why can I not see it at battery stores? Why are my only choices, Exide and Standard Furukawa and Amco Yuasa (crap, crap crap, if you will pardon my french).
You may say, maybe it hasn't been around long enough, well, neither has Amaron (a fine battery) and you can buy an Amaron very easily (ding dong).

I wonder why MICO isn't pushing the Bosch Battery strongly.
Old 10th November 2006, 12:30   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
IFor example, Optima batteries ( a world wide standard in ICE) WERE available in india, no more now.

is this true Sam Bhai...........
Old 10th November 2006, 12:34   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, LBM, unfortunately people like you and I can no longer ask for the red top and yellow top Optimas. If they have some stock they will sell it, but they have stopped importing it. Not enough sales.
Old 10th November 2006, 12:37   #15
Team-BHP Support

I think all these "non Exide" batteries offering 3 years warranty are the best of the lot. I wonder why Excide comes with a one year warranty only? Do they know that their batteries cannot last beyond that?

Most Viewed