Team-BHP - Modded Scorpio Turbo
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Modded Scorpio Turbo (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/19046-modded-scorpio-turbo.html)

Hello Everyone,

Has anyone or does anyone know of someone who has modded the engine of a Mahindra Scropio Turbo 2.6L. I have tried a lot to find about it but to no luck, so thought if any one of you guys know about this. I am basically looking for Increased HP(Bigger TC, Airintake system etc.), bigger tyres. I had even visited Arush(Autophsyce) for that matter and he has not done a engine job(Fitting a K&N, A bigger TC, Air intake etc) on a scorpio. so, please guys If anyone knows about this and can help I would be really pleased.

Thank you all.
Preet

There's a guy in Pusa road, I think he has done a Scorpio with an intake system and exhaust....Go and meet him! His shop is named by Hyperformance something.....Take care

Thanks buddy. Iwill surely isit him. but is he good, i mEan i dont want to mess the engine.

I suggest you don't go to Hyperformance Motorsport. Search around on the forum, you will understand why.

Yeah HyperPerformance Motorsports is the best there is rl:

On a more serious note I would advise you to stay away from that chap if you don't want serious problems with your car later on. We had done some research on this chap & his work & came away highly disappointed. The work was shabby, there was all kinds of useless stuff being sold to unsuspecting customers. You can find more details including pics here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...r-turbo-3.html

IMHO from what I've seen there's not much that can be done on the Scorpio. So my advise to you would be to invest in better Wheels & tyres & leave the rest alone. As for fitting a K&N I'm sure it is possible but don't you think it'll make an already loud engine even louder?

no hyperperformance for me now :). Thanks to youguys:) iRgahava have you seen a scorpio fitted with a K&N and if yes how load is the engine and is any improvemnt in performance.

MS - No to be frank I've not yet come across a K&N installed Scorpio till now. And about the loudness it's my personal guess that since the engine is pretty loud as is, putting on a filter would certainly not quiten it!!!

As a matter of fact you should PM fellow member Sideways. He used the Scorpio to win this year's Raid-De-Himalaya and he can be a great source of information to you regarding modifications.

Best of Luck.

MS - if you PM Sideways and get valuable feedback, then please: post the suggestions/solutions here well for the benefit of others as well..

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 327823)
MS - No to be frank I've not yet come across a K&N installed Scorpio till now. And about the loudness it's my personal guess that since the engine is pretty loud as is, putting on a filter would certainly not quiten it!!!

As a matter of fact you should PM fellow member Sideways. He used the Scorpio to win this year's Raid-De-Himalaya and he can be a great source of information to you regarding modifications.

Best of Luck.

Hi,

I did PM sideways and below is the reply:
__________________________________________________ _______________
honestly i havent thought of modifying the scorpio. You could add a free flow air filter, but the engine will sound louder. I have heard that Mahindra is bringing out a 140HP 2.2 ltr CRDI engine by Jan or Feb. Why dont you wait for that and upgrade ?

Regards,
Preet

Hey thaks a lot guys I also was plannin to buy some stuff from him you guys saved my skin the stuff as for one of my customers

Quote:

Originally Posted by moodswings (Post 329760)
Hi,

I did PM sideways and below is the reply:
honestly i havent thought of modifying the scorpio. You could add a free flow air filter, but the engine will sound louder. I have heard that Mahindra is bringing out a 140HP 2.2 ltr CRDI engine by Jan or Feb. Why dont you wait for that and upgrade ?

Just as I thought the engine would get louder which would not necessarily be a good thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team Fiat (Post 330056)
Hey thaks a lot guys I also was plannin to buy some stuff from him you guys saved my skin the stuff as for one of my customers

TF - Good to know our advice was helpful. What were you planning on purchasing from him anyways? I hope none of the Intake Charger, Surbo, Volt Stabilizer kind of stuff!!

Hello Guys,

I am back again and need desperate help from all you experts here(Iraghava I hope you are listning buddy). Yesterday someonje mentioned to me of Methods Car Parts and Car Accessories Online Shop and Distributors in Bangalore India, K&N Performance Filters, Sparco Motorsport Accessories and I searched the site site and came up with about four dealers and performance enhancers(thats what they call themselves). Now this is the time i had no patience as all of you know how keen i am on modifying the engine of my Scorpio Tdi for Increased HP. So, I called the First guy-->Bhasin Service, Delhi, 011-25841794 / 25842852 and spoke with someone there who assured me that they have fitted a lot of performance enhancing products like K&N, Free Flows, Air Intake systems and the works(I forgot some names) and their customers have witnessed a deinite increase in the performance of their Scorpios:confused: . The List of the others is as follows:

Engineers Corp, Delhi, 011-26346312
Sikandh & Co., Delhi, 011-26834963/26841480
The Workshop, Delhi, 011-51679236

So, guys if anyone of you have been to these guys or had interactions with them please shareplease: .

Regards

If he spoke of other wonderful things as the Intake Charger and the Twin Flow Air device and the sort, then he maybe the same Nivit Bhasin, same chap who owns Hyperformance Motorsports. The rest as they say is history..............

My advice, listen to Sideways, and wait it out.

Right Ported head his name is Nivit Bhasin. Am getting a clearer picture now:
)

Preet,

BHASIN SERVICE STATION = HMS = Hyperformance motorsports.

I think u should go in for a K&N conical/extreme, engine will be a bit louder but i'm sure there will be a performance gain.