Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2005, 15:00   #46
BANNED

what is a relay man...please tell me
Old 30th October 2005, 19:44   #47
Senior - BHPian

These bulbs fit on all cars i suppose. Bosch also have the same white-effect lighs which are arnd Rs.800. The Diamond Vision is close to 1.2k i think
Old 30th October 2005, 20:06   #48
BANNED

whats a relay....smoeone pleae help man
Old 30th October 2005, 20:21   #49
Senior - BHPian

Dadu.

Read the message posted on this thread by Rehaan on 6th September 2004, at 11:29. He provides a good explanation of what a relay is.
Old 30th October 2005, 20:29   #50
BANNED

thannks alot dude for helping..can you help me with this thing i really want to know..check out the thread i started..about steering and boss kit...please i really need help
Old 18th November 2005, 17:10   #51
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Can someone tell me if i change the headlight bulb & put another relay for it, will it affect Insurance policy ? I heard abt it from dealer.
Old 21st November 2005, 17:47   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadudeonfire
whats a relay....smoeone pleae help man

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...ys/relays.html

this should clear your doubt
Old 21st November 2005, 23:48   #53
Senior - BHPian

hey satya

i think its a little late for that.he got banned a while ago.

Rev
Old 2nd February 2006, 19:33   #54
Senior - BHPian

white/blue bulbs... 90/100W

Hi guys... need expert advise on this....

i recently bot a pair of white bulbs manufactured by some company in Thailand... dont remember the name.... the bulbs produced excellent lighting and was of 90/100 wattage..... these bulbs cost me approx Rs. 350/- a pair.... one question before i go ahead.... the dealer said that the holder and any accompanying parts wouldnt suffer any damage due to heat and i guess it has not.... (havent checked yet)...

the bulbs were fitted along with a Lucas relay and yesterday the high beam filament in my LH side headlight fused.... guess this is normal considering the fact that i have a relay but the bulbs were manufactured by some unknown company.... please comment on this...

now coming to the point, please let me know which bulbs i need to go for, as i plan to get more reliable ones.... (i have to change the bulbs anyways....) i prefer either the white light or the blue light emitting ones... and yeah i need them in 90/100 W range only... nothing higher or lower....

kindly let me know the price for a pair of these bulbs.... and do i need anythin else apart from the relay to ensure no damage is done to my headlamps? waitin for the replies from u buddies.... thnx
Old 2nd February 2006, 20:06   #55
BHPian

correct me if i am wrong, but i think as far as i know, the mondeo has a pink tinge headlamps and not blue and is by far is the best headlamp on any car in india...
Old 2nd February 2006, 22:30   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adit1329
correct me if i am wrong, but i think as far as i know, the mondeo has a pink tinge headlamps and not blue and is by far is the best headlamp on any car in india...
pink??? i always thot it was blue.... and yeah the mondeo is one of my fav's...
Old 2nd February 2006, 23:35   #57
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Aditya try out the philips crystal visions (white light) or the philips diamond visions (blue light) .. these should cost anywhere btwn 1k-1.3k .. Far more reliable than any of the aftermarket bulbs that u get ..
Old 2nd February 2006, 23:44   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Aditya try out the philips crystal visions (white light) or the philips diamond visions (blue light) .. these should cost anywhere btwn 1k-1.3k .. Far more reliable than any of the aftermarket bulbs that u get ..
1k for a set of bulbs? the white ones i have now, fused in less than 2 months even though i have a relay...

what's the peace of mind i get that these wont fuse after spending a bomb on it...
Old 2nd February 2006, 23:50   #59
BHPian

i've put in the philips diamond vision on my zen w/o a relay and the spread and the intensity of the light is just fine.... i got my pair for 970/= and i think its money well spent... because its a branded product that i've bought and with a bill for it and not some korean(could be kanpur for all i know) or malaysian(manipur for all i know??!!) imitation el-cheapo bulbs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya
1k for a set of bulbs? the white ones i have now, fused in less than 2 months even though i have a relay...

what's the peace of mind i get that these wont fuse after spending a bomb on it...

Last edited by rev_hard : 2nd February 2006 at 23:53.
Old 3rd February 2006, 00:10   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_hard
i've put in the philips diamond vision on my zen w/o a relay and the spread and the intensity of the light is just fine.... i got my pair for 970/= and i think its money well spent... because its a branded product that i've bought and with a bill for it and not some korean(could be kanpur for all i know) or malaysian(manipur for all i know??!!) imitation el-cheapo bulbs...
thanks rev... whats the rating/wattage on ur diamond vision bulbs? i wouldnt mind spending so much as long as i dont have to replace them again... and is it blue or white?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks