Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2006, 17:06   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya
suggest the philips rallye 130/100W.... if some one wants something brighter....
Cost? And would it be possible to install without modifying electricals/wiring/relays/etc ??
Old 20th March 2006, 17:20   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah
Cost? And would it be possible to install without modifying electricals/wiring/relays/etc ??
costs 350 bucks for set of 2 bulbs.... i also suggest u get bakelite holders (30 rs for 2)... these u can easily get at any 4/6 wheeler (truck) spares shop... u definitley need a relay and i suggest Lucas which has a built in wiring kit.... whole set up wont cost more than 800 bucks tops....

without the relay ur bulbs/battery and related electricals including fuses can go kaput....

JC road is the best place.... just ensure the bulbs come in orange/black packing cos there are near good fakes around....

btw the light is not white or blue... no fancy color... is bright and is yellow in color tho the high beam is almost white....practically the bulb is a blessing for those who drive on higways at night....

Last edited by n_aditya : 20th March 2006 at 17:23.
Old 21st March 2006, 14:56   #78
Senior - BHPian

Try GE 140/100s.. Picked up two today - MRP is Rs.185/- each - however I got it for Rs.115/- each! Now off to get myself some bakelite holders! The ones they gave me came with 4mm wire - am hunting for one that comes with 8mm or at least 6mm wires.

and use 8mm wire to run the load from from the relay to the holders!
Old 21st March 2006, 15:52   #79
DRC
BHPian

Bangy guys, where to shop for these in Bangalore.. I mean, a shop where I need not worry about buying a fake?
Is there a lights expert anywhere?
Thanks

Last edited by DRC : 21st March 2006 at 15:55.
Old 21st March 2006, 16:12   #80
Senior - BHPian

From Another thread...
Quote:

Originally Posted by speedsatya
your high beam will blind the on-coming traffic

Well... Dare say thats the idea!!.. But Naaaah... It was night when we left Cochin after the T-Bhp meet and I had to get to Coimbatore- I have 100/90 and even with them I could not see... because NO ONE would dip thier lights!. Hope I can put an end to this now! .. I personally find the low beam more than enough unless I find myself driving thru some very dark and desolate stretch all alone.

Quote:
....and think of teh load that will be on your electricals...instead of 10A for your stock headlamps ,your new bulbs will be taking about 25A ....

I have a 30 amp Bosch Relay - is that going to be enough - or do I add one more? (one ofor each light?) I have also put a 30 amp fuse to this - very close to the Battery.

Quote:
also continuous use of teh high beam could melt your stock holders leaving you with no light at all

I bought a PMS wiring Harness - then had it stripped and spliced a 8mm wire in place of the 5mm from the relay to each of the holders. I had bakelite Holders put in place - however these came with 5mm wire so I had no alternative bu to splice these together - Bulk of the way its the 8mm ..

My night time usage wont be more than a couple of hours MAX MAX every once in a while - I absolutely abhor night driving - and avoid it totally unless exteremely necessary!! .. Generally its just the 10 - 15 min city runabouts..

I NEED SOME EXPERT ADVISE - Do you think with all of the above this will hold out?
Old 3rd April 2006, 12:38   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimish
freinds,
these local roadside electrical shops/mechanics, use a typical term 'CUT-OUT' when you ask them about installing high-watt bulbs or dual horns... is this 'CUT-OUT' same as relay ???
Yes it is >>>>>>>>>>
Old 3rd April 2006, 16:20   #82
Team-BHP Support

Is this cut-out thing really the relay? I thought it is the fuse they refer to! At least in reference to home use the electricians refer to those fuses in the junction-box as cut-outs (the ones they take out before they start the work on the electric lines in home).
Old 3rd April 2006, 16:28   #83

Heres my city on a Xenon HID conversion kit.

Old 3rd April 2006, 18:23   #84
BHPian

Considering upgrading the Baleno Headlamps from the stock lamps to Philips Crsytal Vision Plus or Philips Diamond Vision both are 55/60.

I have seen the crystal vision 55/60 on an Esteem. The light seemed whiter - though i am not sure whether it does provide any more visibility.

Anyone has any idea about the Diamond vision lamps. Do they really emit 50% more light than the stock bulbs - as claimed by philips.
Old 4th April 2006, 15:11   #85
BHPian

I got the Philips Vision Plus(55\60) for my Esteem.The output is definitely better when compared to the OE bulbs.Also as the ratings were the same no relay or wiring modification was required.I also felt that the ouput is very good while driving on highways and inside city driving it is not as good as in highways.Can anyone please explain why this happens.
Also wanted to change my OE foglamps too.They are H3 type 55watts.But i h ad a doubt.To have a good output the light unit(reflectors)shoul be good right?The OE ones supplied by Maruti are not that good.Either i should get the H3 type VisionPlus or get the Hella Expedition series foglamps(55watts H3).Can anyone suggest how we can improve these foglight reflectors?
-
raj
Old 4th April 2006, 21:23   #86
BANNED

Get a high watt blue Halogen! Those will emit pure white beam.
I got one for my Alto named NARVA. They're quiet good in quality and works just fine. The wiring for the headlamps were changed from stock to high power cables and cut outs. Make sure not to focus it to the opposite drivers eyes as it can really send them to hell you'll be with him for company too. Play with the focussing and place it just where it is enough for you to see the road clearly, not any higher.

Yes, the cops can stop you. They stopped me once and blamed me for getting it fixed aftermarket. "if it was from the factory, no problem. but urs is extra fitting, So it's illegal." Nice argument! heh??
Old 5th April 2006, 12:10   #87
BHPian

Quote:
I got the Philips Vision Plus(55\60) for my Esteem.The output is definitely better when compared to the OE bulbs.
Was it the Philips Crystal vision or the diamond vision.

Quote:
.I also felt that the ouput is very good while driving on highways and inside city driving it is not as good as in highways
that's puzzling, i have seen the output of the crystal vision and it should be good both in the city and in the highways. Haven't seen the diamond vision though.
Old 5th April 2006, 13:17   #88
BHPian

hai,
it is the Philips Vision Plus bulbs...
The output color is just the same as the OE ones...but a lot brighter when compared to them
Old 5th April 2006, 14:33   #89
DRC
BHPian

any of you know if there is an auth dealer for Philips in Bangalore?
Old 2nd November 2009, 22:15   #90
BHPian

Authentic dealer Phillips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC View Post
any of you know if there is an auth dealer for Philips in Bangalore?
I'm a hardcore light person and so have done extensive research on where to get what type of lights/bulbs, etc in bangalore! The phillips dealer in bangalore is "AK-Distributors". Speak to Mr. Rajender who is in charge of automobile lighting. His mob. no. is 9844166794. Office number is 080-26707295
The chennei distributors for phillips is Mr. Doulad Basha. Mob. no +919840355249

I've been looking for and ordered Phillips blue vision H7 bulbs for my new laura. If you have any idea where you get them, lemme know.
Hope this helps!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks