Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2007, 17:04   #31
BHPian

Windscreen Maintenance

Hi,
I have problem with my Windscreen, i always get oily/grease coating over the glass, which makes it difficult for me drive at night. I do clean it with vista glass cleaner spray but no luck.

Do i need to change my Windscreen or is there any polishing or something else i do to fix it?

Thanks & appreciate everybody inputs.

Latesh

Mod's Note: Please search and use an existing thread for posting your message. Do not open new threads for the same old subjects. Post moved to this thread.
Old 7th September 2007, 18:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateshnair View Post
Hi,
I have problem with my Windscreen, i always get oily/grease coating over the glass, which makes it difficult for me drive at night. I do clean it with vista glass cleaner spray but no luck.

Do i need to change my Windscreen or is there any polishing or something else i do to fix it?

Thanks & appreciate everybody inputs.

Latesh

Mod's Note: Please search and use an existing thread for posting your message. Do not open new threads for the same old subjects. Post moved to this thread.

Try cleaning the WS with tooth paste, it should solve your problem.
Old 31st July 2009, 22:39   #33
BHPian

so are these guys any good?

my brand new fiat linea already has gained minor lines on the windshield because of the faulty water sprayer... fiat guys are going to be useless in this regard. the dude at the service station in fact turned on the wiper without verifying for any fluid in the storage bottle when i told him to fix the sprayer.

incidentally, they are still not fixed and i would have to visit abs motors again for the same.

can windshield experts guys fix minor scratches on the glass? or are they only good for replacements as i have heard about them?
Old 3rd August 2009, 23:05   #34
BHPian

Windshield minor scratches

Sushubh,
Yes, Windshield Experts can only replace the windows in case of scratches. They can fix only break, crack or chips on the windscreen. Like someone else suggested before, you can get them "buffed". I got this done for my Innova (was too expensive to replace the windshield and was not keen on loosing the NCB). I had minor and few wiper scratches on the glass. After buffing they are all gone and I get clear, glare-free view in the nights. I have been running that way for more than 8 months now and I don't have any problem. I continue using the wiper the normal way (I've got them changed to Bosch after the buffing, though). No issues.
I got this done at the below place:
Justdial: Kaunshya Glass Mechanix in Wilson Garden Bangalore

Of course, I've read somewhere that, by buffing, you may loose the glass strength, as it comes with specific thickness to match the body, etc but then I was again told that, with buffing we are only removing a minor fraction of "mm" in thickness, so won't be a problem. Nevertheless, I've decided to give it a try.

HTH,
KK
Old 30th October 2009, 15:01   #35
BHPian

Chip in the wind shield- maruti zen

I had given my maruti zen (2001) for servicing . there was an old issue where the coal-tar spots were there on the front windshield and were not coming off. i asked the service guys to try and remove them. they scratched the windshield with a blade and spliced off the spot (by keeping the blade parallel to the shield) but to my utter surprice next day i found that the removeal had lead to a chip in the windshield (2 mm dia and 1/2 mm deep).
Suggestions what to do or should i forget it.

regards
dinesh

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th October 2009 at 16:34. Reason: Please use search before opening a new thread, Thanks
Old 30th October 2009, 17:43   #36
BHPian

^^
if its not a bother (not in the direct viewing area) causing distraction, forget it.
Old 30th October 2009, 19:05   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishoryk View Post
Sushubh,
I got this done at the below place:
Justdial: Kaunshya Glass Mechanix in Wilson Garden Bangalore

HTH,
KK
How much do they charge for the buffing?
Old 3rd November 2009, 20:35   #38
BHPian

Buffing

Quote:
Originally Posted by devrajman View Post
How much do they charge for the buffing?
I think they charged me about 2K.
Old 3rd November 2009, 21:40   #39
BHPian

any contact details for these windshield experts in Mumbai? I need to get my front windshield and all my windows polished.
Old 3rd November 2009, 22:42   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
any contact details for these windshield experts in Mumbai? I need to get my front windshield and all my windows polished.
They have a workshop near Mahim Police Station along Cadell Road (Veer Savarkar Marg) just before the signal where LJ Road and Cadell Road meet at the Mahim Church Junction.
Old 3rd November 2009, 23:20   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
They have a workshop near Mahim Police Station along Cadell Road (Veer Savarkar Marg) just before the signal where LJ Road and Cadell Road meet at the Mahim Church Junction.
Thanks for the address. But any contact number? Do I need to set up an appointment or just walk in?
Old 4th November 2009, 13:13   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the address. But any contact number? Do I need to set up an appointment or just walk in?
Doc: Siddhi Vinayak Templ, Cadell Road, Prabhadevi, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400025‎ - 022 24322222‎
There's one at
Shop Number 2 & 3, Prathana Building, Guan deep Co-operative Housing Society, Link Road, Goregaon (W), Mumbai, Mumbai 400090‎ - 022 32640000‎
If I'm not mistaken, WS Experts are also located at Chakala andheri-e, thou its not mentioned on their web site but will confirm the same.
Old 4th November 2009, 13:17   #43
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Here you go : 1600.11.3636 / 2432.2222. Workshop manager was Bosco (the time I visited). Very co-operative chap and A+ work.
Old 4th November 2009, 13:21   #44
BHPian

My vehicles windshield appears to have small scratches. During night the oncoming vehicles light scatters and it is difficult to see, so should i replace the windshield or does windshield experts have some solutions like buffing.
Old 6th November 2009, 10:32   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha09mel View Post
Doc: Siddhi Vinayak Templ, Cadell Road, Prabhadevi, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400025‎ - 022 24322222‎
There's one at
Shop Number 2 & 3, Prathana Building, Guan deep Co-operative Housing Society, Link Road, Goregaon (W), Mumbai, Mumbai 400090‎ - 022 32640000‎
If I'm not mistaken, WS Experts are also located at Chakala andheri-e, thou its not mentioned on their web site but will confirm the same.
The workshop near Siddhivinayak Temple has closed ages ago, if I am not wrong.

Their national helpline number is 1800-11-3636

or an email can be sent to controlcenter@windshieldexperts.com for Mobile Service Van at your doorstep.

Last edited by salilpawar1 : 6th November 2009 at 10:35.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks