Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2011, 13:38   #61
oss
BHPian

Re: Windshield Experts (Fixing scratched / broken windshields / windscreens)

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
If am correct I have seen an outlet on Mount Road near Thousand Lights few years back. Are you talking about this one?
They seem to be somewhere opposite Tarapore Towers on Mount Road, and also they have another branch at Kilpauk, Near Ega Theatre. Any inputs on how good their workmanship is and how competitive their costs are compared to the company service stations?
Old 4th September 2011, 14:46   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
They seem to be somewhere opposite Tarapore Towers on Mount Road, and also they have another branch at Kilpauk, Near Ega Theatre. Any inputs on how good their workmanship is and how competitive their costs are compared to the company service stations?
I have seen one on Mount Road. Dont remember the exact location (it's been more than 4 years now. Saw it when I was in Chennai during my college days) but heard one of my friends friend getting his windshield repaired there. Pretty reasonable and heard him saying it's better than the service stations. Please do check it now since it's been well over 5 years.
Old 28th September 2011, 11:47   #63
BHPian

I got a quotation from them for 7500 to replace my Fiesta's windshield. However, the service centre is charging 9000 for the same amount.

I'm debating whether to claim insurance or not, my premium for last year was around 15K, so the no-claim bonus would be around 3K. But, I think I lose the NCB forever and I intend to keep the car for the next 4-5 years atleast. My thought is that for a 7.5K repair, it is not worth the insurance claim. Any thoughts?
Old 28th September 2011, 14:11   #64
BHPian

Out of that 7.5k quote you got from WE, I think you will anyway have to pay around 1k as excess charges. So the insurance will cover 6 to 6.5k. Re. claiming insurance - it looks as if you are in the first year of your NCB and if I were you I would claim insurance. That's why we have it in the first place. There are no guarantees that you will not need to claim insurance in future (I hope not) and your NCB now is really not that large.

Also one reason why the A** is asking for a higher amount because they generally change beadings around the windshield as well whereas WE does not change any beadings.
Old 28th September 2011, 18:01   #65
BHPian

Just changed my m800 windshield from them . The cost was 2700 and my no claim was 1000 so decided to claim and compulsary deduction was 500 so that was my only cost . Fitted my 800 windscreen within 10 min and I asked weither the rubber beading needed to be changed . They said no . It would cost 217 rs the young girl working there told me . The staff was great efficient managed my cashless insurance for me (Bajaj Allianz). No complaints excellent service . This was windshield experts at mahim mumbai .
Old 28th September 2011, 21:27   #66
Senior - BHPian

I have had quite a few windshields changed. From Indica V2, Ikon, Merc, Octavia. All of them were damaged by stone chips from trucks" rear wheels.

Impeccable service. Never had any issue what so ever.

They are ONE professional setup & usually you are in & out in an hour+,

Cheers
Old 7th November 2011, 17:43   #67
BHPian

My Accord's rear window broke - done by a drunk group who vandalized 3 other cars as well.

The stone went through the rear window, bounced off the rear speaker (damaged the cover, and maybe the speaker itself, not sure), made a couple of small scratches in the headliner, broke the inside rear view mirror (only the mirror is cracked), landed on the dashboard, made a couple of small indents on the soft touch dashboard, and finally fell beneath the front left passenger seat.

Called up windshield experts - will be getting the job done tomorrow. Will post a review once done.

Is there any way to get the rear view mirror alone replaced? Anyone in Mumbai?
Old 10th November 2011, 20:31   #68
BHPian

Quick Update:

1. Excellent repair work. They had a 2002 Accord windscreen handy. Just took 4 hrs. Cashless facility with ICICI Lombard. Rs.1000 was my compulsory deductible, plus interior vaccuming + sealant costed around Rs.900.

2. The sealing feels tight. No water leakage etc.

3. The printed antenna worked, but I feel radio has slightly more disturbance.

4. Did not test if the rear defogger is working.

Overall very satisfied.

Last edited by d_himan : 10th November 2011 at 20:33.
Old 11th November 2011, 23:32   #69
BHPian

Can anyone throw some light on the Urethane sealant they use for windshields? And how is it compared to silica based ones?
Old 3rd February 2012, 21:10   #70
BHPian

Do these guys use Genuine windshields?
I need to get my Fiesta's rear windscreen replaced but I want it to be genuine Ford. However, Ford Service Center here doesn't have it in stock and will take around three to four days minimum to get which is not convenient for me.
Old 3rd February 2012, 21:29   #71
BHPian

Seeking help from all experts here --

There is a huge crack, about 6" x 6" on the driver side of 2005 Scorpio windscreen. I contacted WE & the Service Station. The cost quoted by the two is Rs. 7200 & Rs. 8000 resp.

I am in a dilemma to claim insurance or not as -

1. I have never claimed insurance on my 6 years ownership of Scorpio, which means that my NCB is at all time high @ 50%.
2. Insurance renewal is due in March
3. I plan to sell the car sometime later this year, & wish to transfer the insurance to the new car, thereby transferring the NCB, if available.

Please suggest what the best route.
Old 23rd May 2012, 22:30   #72
Senior - BHPian

Probably relevant, I came across a company which claims to fix winshield related issues.
Welcome To GLASSLOGICX::
Old 20th August 2012, 10:27   #73
RAC
BHPian

On the way to office this morning, a stone bounced off the road from a truck in the front and landed on the front windshield and I not have a 2x2 inch crack on the driver side :-(

I am yet to call and check on the rates on replacement. I was wondering whether to bear the cost or to claim insurance.

The car is Skoda Fabia. My NCB is 50% and the discount on insurance this year was around Rs. 4500/-.

Will update once I have details on the cost of replacement.
Attached Thumbnails
Windshield Experts (Fixing scratched / broken windshields / windscreens)-ws2.jpg  

Windshield Experts (Fixing scratched / broken windshields / windscreens)-ws1.jpg  

Old 5th September 2012, 14:05   #74
RAC
BHPian

Went to Windshield World, Basavangudi, Bangalore. They took a look at it and told that the crack cannot be repaired. The crack was only on the top layer of the windshield and could not be felt from inside the cabin.
They told that a chip can be repaired (without a crack in the glass), but if there is a crack, it will keep on spreading. They adviced me to change the windshield.

I have now registered insurance claim and sent the vehicle to the authorised service station for windshield replacement.

Last edited by RAC : 5th September 2012 at 14:10.
Old 5th September 2012, 14:17   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAC View Post
I have now registered insurance claim and sent the vehicle to the authorised service station for windshield replacement.
Dont the windshield experts do the replacement and claim the insurance directly from the insurance company ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks