Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2004, 18:58   #1
BHPian

Windshield Experts (Fixing scratched / broken windshields / windscreens)

there's a new concept here in delhi for repairing windshields that are slightly chipped, thereby impairing your field of vision. it's called windshield experts and i did have a chance to try it out.

my M800 had a very small chip in the glass and i took it to these guys since their plc is quite close to where i stay. they have this new tech (dont know how they do it) of repairing the damn thing and the small chip in the windshield's almost disappeared. i really liked the stuff 'coz the chip was really in my line of sight and the only way was to replace the glass. but now its taken care of and pretty efficient service too.

so i ended up talkin to the guy and he said like they've opened up around 10 centres in delhi and opened recently in mumbai and chennai too. you guys heard of it??? check it out. i think its really innovative stuff.
Old 4th May 2004, 00:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

They have it in gujarat too..
Old 4th May 2004, 13:09   #3
BHPian

hey manticore,

how much did they charge you for the job ?

~A
Old 4th May 2004, 14:31   #4
Senior - BHPian

i have seen their shop near siddhivinayak temple in mumbai, but doesn't look like tehy are getting too much business. their place is always empty and they are never attending to anybody. maybe im always at the wrong time at the wrong place, or people just aren't aware enough. or if they are exhorbitantly priced, doom is inevitable.
Old 4th May 2004, 18:34   #5
BHPian

even i want to do up my nissan bluebird glass
Old 4th May 2004, 18:35   #6
BHPian

mine is cracked at 1 side...how much do they charge..r they expensive
Old 5th May 2004, 03:18   #7
BANNED

no fonsi they r not .actually the fix it at a much cheaper rate. maybe u will pay nothing or may be like rs 1000 max. the whole idea is so that u dont have to replace u r winshiled. heard they do a good job. go check it out.
Old 5th May 2004, 15:46   #8
BHPian

these ppl do a good job and are not very expensive (from what i've seen). moreover they're specialized in the area and i guess it's always better to do it thru such ppl than gettin it done thru unauthorised guys. if the windshield is beyond repair, they replace it. but this set-up is actually a subsidiary of asahi glass who in fact make the original glass for almost all the cars we see here. so even if u want a replacement, i guess u'll get the original stuff at the best prices. cya.
Old 5th May 2004, 17:33   #9
BHPian

arre manticore...lets talk about numbers mann...how much did they charge you for the job ?
Old 5th May 2004, 19:17   #10
BHPian

dude, they charged me around 500 bucks for the job incl the labour charges. now the irritating chip in the glass is gone and i didnt have to change the entire glass
Old 8th May 2004, 04:02   #11

Ya they are efficient and quick, and i got my WindShield Changed. They had a tieup with the insurance company, so they changed the screen without any charge in 1 day. I.e. In morning i go to insurance by evening i have new windshield without any charge.

But my WagonR had a tinted glass which they said doesn't come anymore. So they replaced it with a plain one, and thats a loss to me.

Anyways I have another car's windshield cracked now, This time I won't settle for a plain.
Old 5th October 2004, 15:48   #12
BHPian

hi guys,
my zen windshield is in bad condition. there r lot of minor scratches, its a problem in the night as there is lot of glaring effect.all this is in the areas where wiper moves. i went to EAGLE EYE and they said they will treate it with chemical. they clames that it looks new and no glare at all and gives a warrenty of 30000 kms. if it happens before that they do it for free. They showed me a sample on my glass, i found the patch where they applyed has improved a lot. the glare went off. i asked them does that remove a layer of glass or adds an layer, thes say it only removes the grime which forms due to wiper. they r charging 825rs+ free anti moisture coat.
does any one has idea about it and how it works and how effective it is. did anyone try this one before?
Me planning to get it done this weekend, as he is charging only 825rs so giving it a try.
Old 26th July 2005, 03:46   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi_28_8
hi guys,
my zen windshield is in bad condition. there r lot of minor scratches, its a problem in the night as there is lot of glaring effect.all this is in the areas where wiper moves. i went to EAGLE EYE and they said they will treate it with chemical. they clames that it looks new and no glare at all and gives a warrenty of 30000 kms. if it happens before that they do it for free. They showed me a sample on my glass, i found the patch where they applyed has improved a lot. the glare went off. i asked them does that remove a layer of glass or adds an layer, thes say it only removes the grime which forms due to wiper. they r charging 825rs+ free anti moisture coat.
does any one has idea about it and how it works and how effective it is. did anyone try this one before?
Me planning to get it done this weekend, as he is charging only 825rs so giving it a try.
Hey ravi, I know this is like almost a year late but could someone tell me which liquid solution do these guys use to remove this grime? I am facing a big problem with this grime. Since i like very close to the sea side it has to be a moisture coat that has been formed on all my cars. I have tried several windscreen cleaning solutions but nothing done the trick.
Old 26th July 2005, 11:37   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,
Are Windsheild Experts good at removing scratches caused by the Wiper Blade?
Old 26th July 2005, 13:05   #15
Team-BHP Support

Anyone have their numbers in Mumbai??

Edit: Nevermind, just found their website: www.windshieldexperts.com

Last edited by Rtech : 26th July 2005 at 13:08.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed