Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2005, 19:18   #31
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by superunknown
hey ..sorry to steal ur post but just wanted to ask you a lil summin.....i have a zen with an esteem carb engine......this was my first step in modifying....where dya think i can go from from here keeping the existing engine?......thanx
Hey Buddy ,

If you dont already have a free flow exhaust K&N conical filter install one. Then you can go ahead and port/polish the head and intake manifold. You can also install a mild street cam(Ihave one for sale if you want) .

Viper
Old 10th June 2005, 19:51   #32
Senior - BHPian

Hey
What gearbox and clutch are you using. Zen's or Esteems'.

A hot cam is the best bang for the buck, after the usual stuff like free flow and CAI.
Old 10th June 2005, 23:41   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godspeed
maybe being more realistic would help, do u even want to spend 8 lacs in ur zen wouldnt u wanna buy a sports car or something

for real world use i would suggest an esteem engine upgrade
BUT
remember that the carb'd version makes 65bhp compared to the mpfi 85bhp
whereas your mpfi zen makes 55bhp, so is it really worth it for just 10bhp, which u can easily get with excellent headers, freeflow,filter, plugs & ingnition..
Hey,

I have a Nov'2004 mpfi Zen. Tech specs say power output is 60 bhp@5500 rpm. Has Maruti upgraded the engine with the new Zen? Are the older mpfi Zens really 55 bhp?

Cheers!
Old 11th June 2005, 00:20   #34
BHPian

sorry, make that 60 bhp @ 6000rpm.

source: http://zen.marutiudyog.com/Specs.asp

Cheers!
Old 11th June 2005, 01:09   #35
BHPian

hey buddy libre sito...its good to know that there is another engine swap being planned...well if you do need any info please feel free to pm me...i think dom's given you the perfect adivice...if you not looking at spending that kind of money on a gt swift engine..well you can always work on the esteem engine...bore it completely...head port piston coat polish..also if your looking for nitrous and a turbo then i would advise you 2 completely upgrade to new pistons and yes a better head..well also re enforced engine chamber..bigger fule pump and a better fuel rail..with may be a piggy back fuel management system like e-manage from greddy...also try and get the msd spark ignition kit with the plugs and the wires...turbo would be advisable from garrett and so is the intercooler..ecu upgrade is a must..chips work wonder's these days..you could use a custom header and a custom made cold air intake system...lightened fly wheel...and a lot of other things...when all of this put together should give you a killer on the road with a good tuning job...if you do need any other info please feel free to pm me...im a performance parts stockist aswel..cheers...

Last edited by dragger : 11th June 2005 at 01:13. Reason: Spell Check & Added Info..
Old 28th June 2005, 16:26   #36

hey just wanted to know wot the potential of an esteem carb engine is .....keeping in mind everyday use ....cheers...runnin zen clutch n gearbox(carb)
Old 28th June 2005, 16:46   #37
Senior - BHPian

Close to about 95+ bhp on the wheels if the car is done up right .... since it is carby you would need a good set of carbs to go with it... However with the estem carb could get up to about 85+ bhp...
Old 28th June 2005, 16:54   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domnic
Hi,
Porting depends on the seriousness of the job, STG1 STG2 etc etc. Well as we call it here a 'Full Blown Head', which has lots and lots of porting done, intake is enlarged, Valve guide modification, Air tunnel is modified, intake on a rough finish, Valves are enlarged and have a 3-angled valve job. Combustion chamber is mirror finished, even the valve heads are polished, exhaust tract modified and has a total smooth and mirror finish. This kinda port job should give you about 25hp on a 1.6 palio. Takes about 2 days for the complete work and probably add another day for assembling and dis-assembling. FE will improove actually, have seen a 15% gain(normal driving). But on WOT will drop to about 20% lesser.

Cheers
Dom

Hey do you know anyone in Mumbai who does a good job?
Old 28th June 2005, 17:21   #39
Senior - BHPian

man superunknown...first thing get your brakes done...need stopping power too!!!
Old 29th June 2005, 15:29   #40

haha thanx iceman....blv it or not but my next q was abt the tyres....as of now im runnin std bridgestone tyres with normal rim-no alloys that come stock..... will modding the brakes be more efective than buying wider tyres with a lower profile ? because with existing tyres the grip is seriiouly poor (even tho the tyres are pretty new) and even slightly aggressive braking locks em up.....cornering also leaves a lot to be desired.... how much wud a set of good tyres cost ? and brake work cost?....thanx
Old 29th June 2005, 18:01   #41
Senior - BHPian

need to have lower and wider tyres. and put in type II of the esteem.
tyres are around 2600-3000 each. brake complete setup to type II is 11k. approx
Old 29th June 2005, 22:31   #42
BHPian

hey iceman just signed into this site a few days ago...do u know subzero who's got the maroon palio (pics available) he's my cousin an was sayin u're a damn cool person...anyway since we're talkin zens here do u know Kiran who's got red done up zen? number ending somethin like 4556? he went around boastin he had the fastest zen in bangalore...u think its true? he's bought an R1 also recently... and what can u do to the carb of a zen to maximize speed...i know u gotta put esteem cam shafts but what bout carb?
Old 30th June 2005, 15:29   #43

thnx iceman......if i were to do one of the 2 wich shud it be?...tyres or brakes?
Old 30th June 2005, 15:41   #44
BHPian

Was wondering if its possible to fit a Accent CRDI Engine to a Zen?

i have currently bagged a steal deal on a total loss accident Accent CRDI, and plan to use that engine in a Zen.
Old 1st July 2005, 10:27   #45
Senior - BHPian

hey super, both go hand in hand....amazing brakes but bad tires will leave you locking up all the time.

speedfreak, well i dont know him might have seen him around. being the fastest zen i cannot say anything. well you can change the carb or modify the current carb. but that alone will not help. if you tell em your budget i acn work something out to tweek your car a bit.

insane devil, a crdi in a zen!!!!! man i am stumped...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks