Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2013, 20:12   #346
BHPian

Re: Touch up paint tubes

Quote:
Originally Posted by trave11er View Post
Has anyone ordered the paint from above website? I am planning to buy it from this site as they have the diamond white shade for my Fiesta.
Any details about the quality and reliability of the vendors would be really helpful.
I haven't. See some of the posts above - one of them have used this. I've been advised against it.
My car is now just 7 months old - I'm claiming mine from insurance, so the dealership route is the better option
Old 24th July 2013, 20:19   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
Guys,

A biker hit my Sunny near the tail lamp and it got broke. This happened few months back. Some time back I replaced the tail lamps and now I see that
the paint has chipped off at that place and it is beginning to rust.

What do I have to do to make sure no further damage happens?.

Do I have to repaint the whole area or something like com-paint touch pen
should help and stop further rusting?.

Thanks,
I cannot comment if you have to repaint this, but Sunny is Nissan so you may find original touch up tubes from amazon or ebay (uk or US usually) if the paint colour is global.
I found a Honda manufactured tube for mine Honda City Urban Titanium (greyish) but I'll have to get mine repainted unfortunately.
dozer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2013, 23:27   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozer View Post
I've been advised against it.
Yes, I saw that post. Infact I've order it. Why were you advised against using it?
Old 25th July 2013, 00:15   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Do I have to repaint the whole area or something like com-paint touch pen
should help and stop further rusting?.
Thanks,
You have to remove the rust by sanding, apply a fresh coat of primer if you intend on using spray can, else the surface would look caved in. Touchup paint would be good for such use. Since the area is inconspicuous, you can also go in for traditional painting with a brush at an FNG.
JustCause is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 11:19   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCause View Post
You have to remove the rust by sanding, apply a fresh coat of primer if you intend on using spray can, else the surface would look caved in. Touchup paint would be good for such use. Since the area is inconspicuous, you can also go in for traditional painting with a brush at an FNG.
Thank you JustCause. If I use the Touchup paint, will the rust problem come back again?. Like you have mentioned since the area is inconspicuous I am comfortable in DIY method, however I dont want additional problems later (like rusting).

Thanks.
Old 25th July 2013, 11:46   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you JustCause. If I use the Touchup paint, will the rust problem come back again?. Like you have mentioned since the area is inconspicuous I am comfortable in DIY method, however I dont want additional problems later (like rusting).

Thanks.

Since there is rust don't try touch up paint tube it will keep on growing underneath.
If you want DIY first clean with sand paper , apply rust protection and primer and then apply paint. Com-paint kit is 600 Rs and if you add cost of primer etc then it is almost as good as paint job at local paint shop.

I think at a decent local painter it should cost you around 100-200 at the max for a proper patch job. Since the scratch is at the corner there is no need to go for full panel painting a small mismatch near to tail-lamp will definitely look better compared to rust any day.
amitk26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 11:50   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Since there is rust don't try touch up paint tube it will keep on growing underneath.
Thank you. That was my concern. I shall take it to a local shop and see what they quote for this job.
Old 29th August 2013, 14:41   #353
BHPian

Com Paint is not something I would recommended for small touch up / scrapes. Just let them be. Colour match is perfect (IMHO) and Com Paint's packet does its best to equip the user with all tools required to do it (except water, maybe spare cloth and some more rubbing paper!!).
However the task of painting / touching up the highly glossy finish of cars is beyond me!
Old 19th November 2013, 11:46   #354
gemi_kk

All need some advice. Hope i am posting in correct thread.

Parked bike in a corner for couple of months during rainy season.
Now i see that, water from roof drain pipe dropped on my bike's fuel tank. This lead to whitish marks on my fuel tank.

How can i get rid of these stains?
Attached Thumbnails
Touch up paint tubes-photo-1.jpg  

Touch up paint tubes-photo-2.jpg  

Old 24th November 2013, 14:48   #355
BHPian

My car was taken care with some thinning agent. I think some people also recommend vinegar, but I have no idea. Dont sweat over it, use a paint thinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post

Now i see that, water from roof drain pipe dropped on my bike's fuel tank. This lead to whitish marks on my fuel tank.

vivekrvcse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2013, 16:13   #356
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post

You need claying, rubbing compound and polishing . please post this query on the detailing thread so that experts can guide you better
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2013, 21:30   #357
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekrvcse View Post
My car was taken care with some thinning agent. I think some people also recommend vinegar, but I have no idea. Dont sweat over it, use a paint thinner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
You need claying, rubbing compound and polishing . please post this query on the detailing thread so that experts can guide you better

Thanks for your advice.
Ran through google for couple of hours after i posted in this thread.

Found venegar as a solution. Spent couple of saturday morning hours with my bike. Used venegar very carefully. Later had to use a blade and then, took the bike to a polishing agent. Asked him to use the rubbing compound first and then polish. He followed my steps and now i am Happy .
Now the bike is back to Normal.

Last edited by gemi_kk : 24th November 2013 at 21:31. Reason: Adding value

Old 19th February 2014, 19:46   #358
BHPian

Hi fellow TBHPians,

Hope I am posting this on the correct thread. Bought this product from a local auto parts shop for 220/-. Washed the car first and allowed the car to dry thoroughly. Covered the parts surrounding the scratch using newspaper and used the product. Sorry for not taking much pics as the camera quality is bad, you might not be able to notice the effect correctly. For prying eyes, easy to find. For the unsuspecting ones, hard to notice. A whole lot better than the scratches staying like that and making the car looking ugly But not for long; I'm thinking of taking the car to 3M car care and do a detailed exterior work

Post edited. Please restrict smiley usage to two per post only, and avoid using SMS language (i, u....).
Attached Thumbnails
Touch up paint tubes-cam00270.jpg  

Touch up paint tubes-cam00272.jpg  

Touch up paint tubes-cam00277.jpg  

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 20th February 2014 at 12:42. Reason: See mod note in post
ss11011988 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 09:40   #359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss11011988 View Post
Hi fellow TBHPians,
Hope i am posting this on the correct thread. Bought this product from a local auto parts shop for 220/-. Washed the car first and allowed the car to dry thoroughly.
What colors are available? How is the color matching? Please post photos if possible.

Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 11:08   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
What colors are available? How is the color matching? Please post photos if possible.

Thanks
Hello Pramod,
Regarding the colours available, I will ask the shop guy. I will post more photos to show the colour match. Though it comes nowhere near to a touch up & polish job/paint job, its much much better than seeing the car full of scratches. And for novices like me, it's a must have.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks