Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2017, 00:02   #421
BHPian

Re: Touch up paint tubes

Actually any shop should be good, its their experience which actually matters. I just randomly stopped at this place called "2k Color Denting & Painting", its opp. of DBR mills.
Pretorian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2018, 17:34   #422
Distinguished - BHPian

Have this on the Grand i10.

Touch up paint tubes-img_20180821_172238.jpg

Thought of checking out Com-Paint since I had used this on our Fiesta few years back. But unable to find white color for the Grand i10 or Creta. Then saw this for the Eon. Hope the color would match. Or should I try some other spray paint? Half of the scratch would be covered when the door is shut.

Touch up paint tubes-screenshot_1.jpg
Old 26th August 2019, 11:58   #423
Distinguished - BHPian

Got rid of the scratch as mentioned in the above post using Com-Paint. More details here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4645256 (It came, she saw, we conquered! Yet another Hyundai - Our Grand i10 Sportz (O) Petrol)
Old 26th August 2019, 16:18   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Have this on the Grand i10.

Attachment 1792549

Thought of checking out Com-Paint since I had used this on our Fiesta few years back. But unable to find white color for the Grand i10 or Creta. Then saw this for the Eon. Hope the color would match. Or should I try some other spray paint? Half of the scratch would be covered when the door is shut.

Attachment 1792550
Isn't it much cheaper to get it fixed at a shop ? Shop will also have clear coat and other polishes for a better finish.
Old 26th August 2019, 16:22   #425
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
Isn't it much cheaper to get it fixed at a shop ? Shop will also have clear coat and other polishes for a better finish.
Agree on FNGs and I know a place too. But it's a bit far from my place. HASS would definitely be more expensive (Also, if you go through the ownership thread, you can see my bad experience at HASS when I gave for a retouch). Moreover, I have couple of spots to be painted. So thought I would give it a try. Also touched up few scratches on the Creta as well.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 17:53   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Agree on FNGs
Get a quote from the HASS too. If it is just a paint job and no panel replacements are needed, the rates are comparable with FNGs. Most of the HASS always have some offer/discounts going on, which brings a paint job cost similar to that of FNGs.

You could mention your previous bad experience and demand a clean job.

Last edited by crdi : 26th August 2019 at 17:56.
Old 7th June 2020, 18:37   #427
Senior - BHPian

This happened today. I was waiting inside my parked car for a person. A TATA Ace was parked perpendicular to my car, on the opposite side of the road, facing a building. Three guys started pushing it in reverse on to the road, to face the opposite direction relative to my car. (I was parked along the side of the road, facing south. The Ace was parked facing west, they were pushing it on to the road in reverse,to face north). The driver also was pushing from the ground, steering the vehicle through the open door. There was sufficient space on the road.

But it so happened they came very close to my car, and the edge of the Ace door was caught in between my closed right side doors and the vehicle stopped. It could not be moved because of the struck door. Then all three fellows came to the driver side and rocked the Ace to one side on it's suspension, and I was able to move my car away. In my agitation I tried to reverse my car away without disengaging handbrake and the front wheels spun in place in the gravel.

I did not get down to fight with them under the current circumstances and waved them away. Damage is minimal on the driver side door and in the pillar between the doors. Paint rubbed away in spots, no dents. Can this be touched up in some way? I don't want to repaint the entire door. Some self touch up tubes will suffice mainly to prevent rust, it need not be cosmetically perfect. Car is eleven years old. If it won't cause any real damage, I am even willing to leave it as it is for now.
Attached Thumbnails
Touch up paint tubes-car1.jpg  

Touch up paint tubes-car2.jpg  

Touch up paint tubes-car3.jpg  

Touch up paint tubes-car4.jpg  

Last edited by Gansan : 7th June 2020 at 18:42.
Old 8th June 2020, 14:33   #428
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Can this be touched up in some way? I don't want to repaint the entire door. Some self touch up tubes will suffice mainly to prevent rust, it need not be cosmetically perfect. Car is eleven years old. If it won't cause any real damage, I am even willing to leave it as it is for now.
I had used "Com-Paint" on my Creta and Grand i10. Don't expect a color match, I wasn't even able to match white color as well. But for your Alto, I checked their website and they do provide "Scratch Pen" in blue. I would recommend not using spray paint since it covers a wider area and the rework will be easily noticeable. Get the pen, try the inner section first and then do it on the door. Even though the spray paint is more VFM, for a better result, I think the pen would be ideal.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2020, 15:04   #429
BHPian

Quote:
I had used "Com-Paint" on my Creta and Grand i10. Don't expect a color match, I wasn't even able to match white color as well. But for your Alto, I checked their website and they do provide "Scratch Pen" in blue. I would recommend not using spray paint since it covers a wider area and the rework will be easily noticeable. Get the pen, try the inner section first and then do it on the door. Even though the spray paint is more VFM, for a better result, I think the pen would be ideal.
I used Com-Paint on my white polo, it came nicely sealed in a box. I used it as per the instructions given in the manual. Unfortunately using the paint has created more problems for me that the reward I expected. Here's a photo of my car, there are ugly matt/non-glossy patches now on the car body everywhere I used the color spray. I took my car for polishing and rubbing and despite their best effort, they could not get the shine back on the patches where I applied Com-Paint. I don't think they're a good choice, at least in my experience.
Attached Thumbnails
Touch up paint tubes-img_1854.jpg  

shabih is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th June 2020, 15:47   #430
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabih View Post
I used Com-Paint on my white polo, it came nicely sealed in a box. I used it as per the instructions given in the manual. Unfortunately using the paint has created more problems for me that the reward I expected. ... ... ...
It seems like a good colour match, as far as can be judged from the photo.

I think that these products are meant for small-area touch-up treatment, and that you might have expected too much of it. Only spray paint, properly applied, with finishing clear coat can hope to match.

I've had good experience with repainting doors on my current and previous Polo. At least you don't need tinkering, so the cost will be much less, but still not cheap. Don't despair: your car can look great again, but I'm afraid it will hurt the purse.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2020, 15:59   #431
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I don't think they're a good choice, at least in my experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
It seems like a good colour match, as far as can be judged from the photo.
In person, you will notice the color difference and especially the lack of gloss feel. For minor touch-ups, this is pretty good. But as mentioned earlier, I wouldn't recommend this for a large area.

Here's my experience. I had to use the filling compound as well since there was a dent.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4645256 (It came, she saw, we conquered! Yet another Hyundai - Our Grand i10 Sportz (O) Petrol)
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2020, 16:03   #432
BHPian

Quote:
In person, you will notice the color difference and especially the lack of gloss feel. For minor touch-ups, this is pretty good. But as mentioned earlier, I wouldn't recommend this for a large area.

Here's my experience. I had to use the filling compound as well since there was a dent.

I see the issue. But I did not use it for large area, there was a small scratch on my bonnet over which I applied the spray paint and later applied the com-merge spray on a wider area as was instructed and the result is this. You think the paint merge spray might be the culprit?
Old 24th August 2020, 15:20   #433
sgm
BHPian

Quote:
I used Com-Paint on my white polo, it came nicely sealed in a box. I used it as per the instructions given in the manual. Unfortunately using the paint has created more problems for me that the reward I expected. Here's a photo of my car, there are ugly matt/non-glossy patches now on the car body everywhere I used the color spray. I took my car for polishing and rubbing and despite their best effort, they could not get the shine back on the patches where I applied Com-Paint. I don't think they're a good choice, at least in my experience.
I also have a not so good experience after trying it out myself. I wish I had seen this thread two weeks back . I heard about Com Paint and then happened to check out a few videos on Youtube but missed to check out T-BHP about user experience.

The first box that arrived was for the C-class and I tried my first DIY on the C and the result was heart breaking as the color did not match. I did not expect a perfect match but a much better color match was expected. I made the two tiny spots into a big problem area.

Touch up paint tubes-cclass.jpg

The Celerio had lots of scratches and the results are not bad, though the gloss finish is gone, in overall this was an acceptable DIY. I learned a lot from my first experiment with the white paint and improved upon it. I hope I had done the other way
Touch up paint tubes-celerio.jpg
sgm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 23:40   #434
BHPian

My experience with Com Paint

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...r-service.html (Com Paint - Ships wrong colour, poor customer service)

In short - stay away
Technic90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 20:37   #435
BHPian

This is my motorcycle tank that I painted myself. This was how the original paint looked like. The dark colour is a transparent dark green. I added more coats to get it darker. The pinstriping was done with a gold base coat.
The colour is Silver Smoke.

I put on 6 coats of clear coat and sanded down with 2000 grade wet paper and 0000 grade steel wool before polishing up the gloss. I had to do this to get rid of the dust and mosquitoes.
Attached Thumbnails
Touch up paint tubes-r90stank.jpg  

Indian2003 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed