Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2008, 11:30   #46

Hi, this is Vikram Sharma again.

Here are solutions to some problems that i read in the forum

Prob:

One BHPain 'Mr. Sajan' told that the paint began to drip as he used it.

Sol.

You have to hold and spray from a distance approx 12" from the surface otherwise the Paint will Sag and run. Spray in a stroking motion like...one puf then stop then second puf then stop.....

Secondly, the Can has to be shaken for atleast 30 seconds so that you can hear the ball inside moving freely. The paint pigments do get settled in the can and if not shaken some diff shade will come out.

After shaking spray a few puffs in the air and let the paint start flowing and taking its color.

Kindly also go thourgh the application instructions for a detailed process.

We catagorise the problems of mismatching and dissatisfaction of customers as:

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th September 2008 at 03:12. Reason: Post edited to conform to the TBHP rules.
Old 19th September 2008, 11:52   #47
Senior - BHPian

Good to have you here Vikram, but I always had one query, nowdays paints come with a basecoat and then the topcoat (clearcoat).

I know that you might say that com-paint does not require topcoat but it wold be good to have a clearcoat spray for people who want to use it on the body or on the rims. Also a spray for the rim colour will also help.
Old 19th September 2008, 12:03   #48
BHPian

I did buy com paint for doing up some scratches on the car. I did buy the exact shade also and followed the procedure to the T. But the paints do not match, com paint shade was darker. So i had to spray the com merge and remove the paint. I did read the instructions properly of holding the can a bit far, if the shade was darker, but nothing helped. The shade looked like a dark patch on the existing paint. The shade was charming grey for hyundai.
Old 19th September 2008, 12:17   #49
BHPian

Vikram looks like from Delhi.
I guess company should show demo's to some BHPians with correct method to understand the correct procedure.
Vikram do we have people appointed to do that job. I believe it is not.It can be a feedback to a company
Old 19th September 2008, 12:19   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
I guess company should show demo's to some BHPians with correct method to understand the correct procedure.
There is a demo video on the com paint website showing the entire procedure.
Old 19th September 2008, 12:22   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
There is a demo video on the com paint website showing the entire procedure.
I have seen that but if they show in person i think it will help more if they are really useful
Old 19th September 2008, 12:53   #52
Senior - BHPian

You need practice for an even spray and the distance part. Even if they show you physically, it will help them develop a confidence in their product but not your skills.

So practice on any junk object and then you should be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
I have seen that but if they show in person i think it will help more if they are really useful
Old 19th September 2008, 13:11   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2vikram View Post
To be honest, Yes, our Com-Paint Can can never give an absolute showroom type Finish again once your car is scratched, but if you treat it as a repair work, IT WILL GIVE 95% satisfactory work which depends on how you do it.

contd.......
Vikram, honestly speaking you are just selling

When was the last time you used it?

Leave about the finish, but even the color shade for my Silky Silver SX4 and paint sold by ComPaint for same color SX4 does not match at all.

If the dependency is so much on how user do it, than its not a DIY and should not be preferred for new cars.

Just use it for old cars where finish just does not matter.

Last edited by rkbharat : 19th September 2008 at 13:13.
Old 22nd September 2008, 13:07   #54

Well i agree with you Dadu that all the metallics and pearl finishes are sealed with a clear coat. We were once providing a set of clear can with the base coat but it didn;t work i the parket. Customers used to unpack it and buy only the base coat and the clear cans were eventualt returnd to us.

The idea of giving Com-Merge was to minimise the patch formation if the customer doesn't do rubbing after 2 days. Our Clear lacquer is available seperately and if required customer can buy it.

Silver for wheel rims is also available in 300gms. We are already supplying it to the wheel rim manufacturers like Wheels India Ltd. and Steel Strips etc.

for hemantthisgreat,

Charming grey is a metallic shade and they appear darker if there are more coats than the desired.

Try it the following way:

1. when spraying wait for atleast 3 minutes between every coat. if the shade appear darker, increase the distance.

2. Spray the last coat from a distance about 14- 15 inches (mist spray)
This will correct any darkness

3. then apply a merger on the overspray.

If the problem still persists, write to us from where did u buy the can and its manufacturing date, we will arrange for a replacement.

for rtbharat,

See we dont need to sell our product as it is the only one of its type available in India. There are plenty of satisfied customers of ours and i am here for some dissatisfied customers like you or who want to know more about touchups.

There is a term called 'OBV' original batch variation which happens in every industry. We match the shade to the shade panel that we get from the original sources and can limit our shade matching to that only. But if there is a batch variation and you use a Can which was shade matched to a different panel, there will be a mismatch. We have even seen 2 Maruti wagon r cars of same color "pearl silver' one 2008 and one 2007 and the color was different.

Then there are a lot of factors that affect the color like weathering, humidity etc. and

Therefore, working with a proper technique can improvise the results in touchups.

Anyways, at present we have demo of only one color posted on the web, but we shall be posting for different metallic colors soon!!

And don't worry even if you messup, simply remove the paint using com-merge and retouchup. Our product doen't harm the surface.

Thanks,

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th September 2008 at 03:16. Reason: Post edited to conform to the TBHP rules
Old 22nd September 2008, 20:39   #55
BHPian

Waiting for delivery of the Value pack!!

I ordered the value pack and Aeroshot top-cut online today.

I will try it on a low visibility spot first and let you guys know how it goes.
Old 22nd September 2008, 21:02   #56
Senior - BHPian

y2vikram, can we buy some kind of sealant/Clear coat for alloy rims?
Old 22nd September 2008, 21:28   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
, can we buy some kind of sealant/Clear coat for alloy rims?
There are 'clear lacquer' sprays available in spray cans. These would do the job sufficiently well.
Old 22nd September 2008, 22:57   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
There are 'clear lacquer' sprays available in spray cans. These would do the job sufficiently well.
Any brands/products that you have tried and recommend?
Old 22nd September 2008, 23:37   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

I tried com paint on my accent once,the quality and finish is pathetic though it may match the color it will always appear odd.
Old 23rd September 2008, 01:02   #60
BHPian

I bought a Com Paint for my Safari and it matches perfectly - almost 99% - but it was painted by a professional spray painter.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks