Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2008, 02:02   #61
Senior - BHPian

Hi Vikram, do u have sparys for Chrome alloys also. I mean any spray which keeps them shinning???
Well i did use your combo pack of spary paint, and to tell u the truth, i was amazed how it worked. I loved it. Even though there is a slight diffrence, but then that could have been beacuse of many factors like me not spraying in correct manner, original paint losing it's initial colour etc.
Old 23rd September 2008, 11:45   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2vikram View Post
Well i agree with you Dadu that all the metallics and pearl finishes are sealed with a clear coat. We were once providing a set of clear can with the base coat but it didn;t work i the parket. Customers used to unpack it and buy only the base coat and the clear cans were eventualt returnd to us.

The idea of giving Com-Merge was to minimise the patch formation if the customer doesn't do rubbing after 2 days. Com-Paint in Clear lacquer is available seperately and if required customer can buy it.
Well at the times you introduced com-paint there were not many enthuthiasts on cars and DIY'ers and some can be blamed to your dealers.(now you have online sales which is good).

You might want to reintroduce clear coats now as all cars have a top coat now and also put that awareness campaign on your website too. Metallic paints need clear coat not only for better finish but so that the differences in paint patches are not visible. A celarcoat does a wonderful job of hiding the slight paint colour and spray irregularities.

Also can we buy the clear laquer online as I couldn't find the link.

I am happy with the touch-up job it does.

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th September 2008 at 01:48. Reason: Hi dadu, please type your message below the quoted post as this is the preffered protocal. Thanks.
Old 23rd September 2008, 16:23   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well i agree with you ...

And don't worry even if you messup, simply remove the paint using com-merge and retouchup. Our product doen't harm the surface.

Thanks,
Dear y2vikram,

I have Quartz black safari which has some bumper paint scratches , This color is not avalable from com paint and I received a response from Com paint that other color carbon black available on web site will no match.

Do you have any information on how frequently com-paint introduces new colors ?

Regards
Amit

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th September 2008 at 01:47. Reason: Post edited. No need to quote the entire post.
Old 24th September 2008, 15:23   #64

Dear All,

Thanks for appreciating our product and dadu we appreciate your suggestion for incorporating clear lacquer in the list. We shall get it done probably by next week.

We generally introduce colors as soon as the orginal shade panels are available. to be honest, it is very difficult for us the get the shade panels as the companies don't encourage our product much as they earn more when they do a complete part repainting job. So as soon as we get the new shade panels we develop the color. In case anyone from the community can help us, we shall be greatful. We require atleast 4" by 6" shade panel original to match the color using our BYK GARDNER Color and Gloass spectrophotometer.

Our product is more consumer friendly as is far far cheaper than PU which would cost more than Rs. 2000 for a job.

Another tip,

If your scratch is not too deep, you can use a paint cleaner which would lighten the scratch and gives a little shine also for lesser visibility. I will not name the product but you can search if on our website (Remeber i am not here to sell my product)

Even i had some minor scratches on my Car and i used it for a a decent look.

I will be our for 2 days and will check the post then

Thanks,

Vikram
Old 25th September 2008, 09:45   #65
BHPian

Hi y2vikram,
I've used Compaint product earlier. Although the name of the shade on the can matches with the car shade - actually there is quite a bit difference.
Also, dealers appointed by you in Kolkata (M/s Bombay motors) are charging more than twice for your product (A sticker of Rs. 350 pasted on the can which actually mentioned Rs. 160 as MRP). I've also emailed you earlier about this and it was promised that this will be sorted out but after 1 year when I went to the same shop they charged me the same and even denied me a bill.
So, please look into this.
Old 26th September 2008, 16:28   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In case anyone from the community can help us, we shall be greatful. We require atleast 4" by 6" shade panel original to match the color using our BYK GARDNER Color and Gloass spectrophotometer.

Vikram
So what we can do to help you out here , I mean is there any place in Bangalore where one can get this panel made and send it across to you ?
Old 26th September 2008, 17:25   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
So what we can do to help you out here , I mean is there any place in Bangalore where one can get this panel made and send it across to you ?
I think if someone gets his car painted then he can get one panel made for Vikram.
infact if Vikram can list down the colors he needed then it would be easier to do so

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Hi y2vikram,
I've used Compaint product earlier. Although the name of the shade on the can matches with the car shade - actually there is quite a bit difference.
Also, dealers appointed by you ....
Try ordering online it comes really fast

Last edited by Technocrat : 30th September 2008 at 17:21. Reason: Please use multiquote option instead of making back to back posts
Old 30th September 2008, 14:13   #68
BANNED

I have decided to give it a try for my white Civic and placed the order online. Not sure whether this is an adventure or misadventure . Got couple of question on it.

1) Instruction posted on the site says "shake well till agitator ball moves freely". What is this

2) One coat on paint means what ?. Does it just one layer (spraying from left to right over the scratch once) or multiple times

3) What is com-merge. Should it be used after every coat or only if you mess up and want to remove the paint you have just sprayed.

4) Application of rubbing compound is required after 3 days of touch up. Is the product "top-cut" in com-paint is same as this. And how to use it ?
Old 30th September 2008, 14:26   #69
Senior - BHPian

basically to ascertain that the paint inside has mixed well and in the right consistency for spray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
I have decided to give it a try for my white Civic and placed the order online. Not sure whether this is an adventure or misadventure . Got couple of question on it.

1) Instruction posted on the site says "shake well till agitator ball moves freely". What is this
Yes one layer

Quote:
2) One coat on paint means what ?. Does it just one layer (spraying from left to right over the scratch once) or multiple times
Can be used both ways, commerge dissolves the overspray to an even coat and avoids patch buildup. Use it after your final paint coat before it dries.

Quote:
3) What is com-merge. Should it be used after every coat or only if you mess up and want to remove the paint you have just sprayed.
Yes, rub it like a cream on the painted surface using clean soft cloth.

Quote:
4) Application of rubbing compound is required after 3 days of touch up. Is the product "top-cut" in com-paint is same as this. And how to use it ?

I would also recommend posting a picture of your scratch, sometimes using a touchup brush is actually what is required.

Last edited by dadu : 30th September 2008 at 14:27.
Old 30th September 2008, 14:46   #70
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Can be used both ways, commerge dissolves the overspray to an even coat and avoids patch buildup. Use it after your final paint coat before it dries.
How to use com-merge if you want to remove overspray ? Also still not sure whether it should be used even if there are no overspray

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
I would also recommend posting a picture of your scratch, sometimes using a touchup brush is actually what is required.
I will do this. Scratch on my bumper is bit deep and not sure whether touchup will level it. Should I put some putty/primer before applying com-paint ? i.e level it first with putty, and then paint
Old 30th September 2008, 16:28   #71
BHPian

Vikram, your shades doesn't match with actual color of car. I bought silver color for my 2005 Honda city hoping I will get my orginal shade, but that was horrible experience, the patch where I apply com-paint can be visible from good distance. It has yellowish finish after drying.
So guys do not waste money and such products, we have to accept this thing, we are living in country where we can not avoid scratches on cars. These kinds of products will not going to help us.
Sorry Vikram you are still too far from actual shades of the car.
Old 30th September 2008, 17:03   #72
Senior - BHPian

y2vikram, I have put in a order (no 411) about 7 days ago. Still no sign of it. Can you please check.

Quote:
There is an agitator ball inside the can. When you shake the can, this ball moves around ensuring that the paint mix inside is even. You will hear the ball hitting against the container when you shake
Old 30th September 2008, 23:48   #73
BHPian

Yes, I too have ordered for the second time before 7 days, and still now its not delivered. No reply for my mails too. I hope Comp-paint is dead now(!!!).

ORDER DETAILS:

Merchant Site URL : Com-Paint Touchup Spray Paint, aerosol spray paint, supplier of spray paint,spray, spray paint, touchup, touch-up, aerosol spray paint manufacturers, spray paint,Touchup, Touch-up Spray, Spray Bottle, aerosol spray paint manufacturer, com-paint manuf
Order Number: 413

Order Received: Sep 23, 2008
Total Amount : INR (Indian Rupees) 390.00

There tracking site is also not working:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e07'
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Data type mismatch in criteria expression.
/track-order_r.asp, line 8

Please guys, be careful before ordering with them now. (But I used to receive reply for my mails in 24 hours before 1 week, but its no more!!!)

Last edited by ibm_jennifer : 30th September 2008 at 23:53.
Old 1st October 2008, 08:58   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibm_jennifer View Post
Yes, I too have ordered for the second time before 7 days, and still now its not delivered. No reply for my mails too. I hope Comp-paint is dead now(!!!).

ORDER DETAILS:

Merchant Site URL : Com-Paint Touchup Spray Paint, aerosol spray paint, supplier of spray paint,spray, spray paint, touchup, touch-up, aerosol spray paint manufacturers, spray paint,Touchup, Touch-up Spray, Spray Bottle, aerosol spray paint manufacturer, com-paint manuf
Order Number: 413

Order Received: Sep 23, 2008
Total Amount : INR (Indian Rupees) 390.00

There tracking site is also not working:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e07'
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Data type mismatch in criteria expression.
/track-order_r.asp, line 8

Please guys, be careful before ordering with them now. (But I used to receive reply for my mails in 24 hours before 1 week, but its no more!!!)
There are couple of holidays this week especially in North so they may not be working. You can wait for 2 3 days i believe by Monday they will reply.It happened with me also for some other product. Came to know by one friend who visited there that they are closed for 3 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
Vikram, your shades doesn't match with actual color of car. I bought silver color for my 2005 Honda city hoping I will get my orginal shade, but that was horrible experience, the patch where I apply com-paint can be visible from good distance. It has yellowish finish after drying.
So guys do not waste money and such products, we have to accept this thing, we are living in country where we can not avoid scratches on cars. These kinds of products will not going to help us.
Sorry Vikram you are still too far from actual shades of the car.
I think 2005 silver color may change due to exposure to sun and other environmental conditions. Or silver color might have changed by Honda with time and com paint is keeping only new color.
Vikram it is better to put the year along with the color for which the paint was matched and made
Old 1st October 2008, 09:09   #75
BHPian

I have received the value pack by courier (Order No.407) yesterday. That means it took almost 8-9 days, since they are sending it by surface courier. So guys with 411,413 etc should get in 1-2 days for sure.
Still to try it (maybe tomorrow). Will post the details.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks