Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2004, 18:25   #31
BHPian

I am not from Simla.... I spent three years at the university there. I am currently in bangalore....... Would certainly love to meet up whenever am in that part of the country.... Have to see what you finally do to your car !!
Old 27th September 2004, 18:33   #32
BANNED

don't worry, latest by mid nov i'll have the car done the way i mentioned. I'll def post the pics for all to see and if ever u this side of the country u can drive the car and see wat u think of it .

cheers
Old 28th September 2004, 01:49   #33
Team-BHP Support

my preference is for stock look. i prefer to have my secrets under the bonnet.
Old 30th September 2004, 07:34   #34

My honest opinion? Neither!
Old 30th September 2004, 08:54   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ Sep. 24 2004,18:39)]And coming back to the topic, Khaadu - NONE. But if you put a gun to my head...the second one.

GTO
If u put a gun on my head i'd rather get shot ...No offtence buddy but just my opinion stickers like these look really cheap and ruin car totally... but thats from my perspective ,alot of ppl like these things too so
Old 30th September 2004, 12:50   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]while reversing he hit into a pole and ripped the front bumper coz he was looking over his right shoulder
i still cant understand how some people reverse looking over the right shoulder ?
Khaadu , am not talking about ur frnd but in general so no offence !!

cheers
Old 30th September 2004, 14:14   #37
BANNED

No offence taken as I too can't seem to figure out how to do that ....
Old 9th October 2004, 16:19   #38
BHPian

khaadu man pics dont do justice
thatd supposed to be a 3 dimensional picture which looks like the sheetmetal has beenripped apart & its exposing the underneath body
maybe u should get some more options
nad yeah the car will definetly look incomplete with bigger rims man
u have got to have bigger rims!
Old 13th October 2004, 01:04   #39
BHPian

Just getting the Red X's ....

You're in delhi as well , right ?

where are you going for the installation and purchase of these ?

(i just know of 2 tuners in the Delhi area...)

Since you took part in the autocross and presumably will do so again - are these mods allowed ?- the K&N and exhaust..

...im assuming you're talking about an esteem ? (unless you have the RedX Gti)

fix the pics mate...let me get a look

cheers

zaphod
Old 13th October 2004, 18:40   #40
BANNED

Zaphod, i am in delhi and get the mods done from diff dudes. the air filter i got from Nivit Bhasin and the exhaust is from Automech bombay but installed by Tutu Dhawan. And my palio is p[lain white for now but not for too long.. and yes the uato cross allows any kind of mods !!! there is no scrutiny to see ur mods... that event is only for youngsters 2 get a hang of rallying but in cheaper conditions.

cheers
Old 13th October 2004, 22:02   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]yes the uato cross allows any kind of mods !!! there is no scrutiny to see ur mods... that event is only for youngsters 2 get a hang of rallying but in cheaper conditions.
and i deliberately avoided putting anything on my car in case the scrutiny chaps checked - but they only checked stuff like whether my car had belts etc. i gues the ones the pros get Leelakrishnan's abd Vijayant Chaudhary's MRF Balenos and Esteems are not exactly stock - i used to think they were regular esteems with a roll cage, rally type seats and Ultima XR's...

Was thinking of contacting Niviit Bhasin - saw his website if something could be done to my carbed esteem but maybe the car's too old to throw money at , - I guess i'll look up these chaps once i get a new car. - Would you recommend him over Performance Auto ?

Hadn't heard of Tutu Dhawan in years - he was recommended to my folks once for buying an old restored 60's Chevy/Ford - doesn't he have his workshop near Ashram - CTC Plaza inside there somewhere ?

...thinking of next years desert storm...

would love to get a look at your palio sometime... how much did the total cost of exhaust and air filter come to - those are perhaps the only mods i'd look into rightnow. are you going for stuff like getting a lighter flywheel, new plugs, lighter pulleys etc ?
Also how wil the mods affect your car - better low end or aiming for higher speeds ?
I think you oughta keep your palio looking stock from the outsde except small K&N , Automech and the Tyre Co., decals on the sides...combined with the alloys and tyres, it'll look good yet subtle, maybe a spoiler from the S10 -and if you want to modify your fenders - get them more flared out. i saw a couple of pics of 2 door rally palios - looked real nice

Are you also going in for handling mods - uprated shocks/springs or maybe just a strut brace ?

The Palio is one lovely car(have an Adventure) except the 'on top rather than inside' seating and visibility - those thick A pilars.

cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks