Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2004, 23:18   #1

Hello Team-BHP.

It is very nice to see such a nice feedback on fiat Petra Petrol. Only after reading your reviews I liked to choose the Petra rather Ikon 1.3 petrol which I've in mind earlier.

Somewhere I've worried about the after-sales and service.

I've decided to buy Silver Frost [ From Anuroop Hyd ]. ExShowroom price is 5.83 + 50 LifeTax + 20 Insurance ... + Addons.

Could you guys pls help me on deciding the best interiors which will fit my budget.

1. I'm planning to buy a video player which I can stick on top for the rear passengers.

2. A good seat covers.

3. Child Seat [ I've twin babies, atleast i'm planning to have one ]

4. Spoiler

5. Alloy Wheels

I don't what else accessories required for Petra. Pls suggest and advice. During the test drive which I'd actually a long one, I felt I should add some extra to prevent noise coming through the side doors.

Thanks,
Shyam.[b]
Old 28th October 2004, 04:42   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

First congrats on u r purchase, I am not a fan of fiat but 100bhp of raw power at that price is always welcoming, so i think u made a good decision to choose it over the 1.3 Ikon which will be rather much slower than u r Petra.
As for the accessories... First thing i would put if i were you is nice set of 15inch alloys with wider rubber, with all that power you would need a little more traction also the Petra according to me is not that great a looker...looks pretty ordinary but nice mags can change the entire look. Leather seats would be a great option but dont compromise on quality get Stanley its the best according to me,fitting should be done from a relaible person as you could be cheated for the PU leathers that they have in market look exactly like stanley...dont get seat cover,get it custom fitted on you seat that fitting is way better than seat cover as over time the seat cover does get loose.
So for the LCD screen... i have one fitted in my Endeavour... got it done from my frnds shop on milan subway...its a 7.5 inch roof top mounted and flips down when u press the button dont remember how much i paid i think it was Necvox or somethign dont know but it works perfectly ...
As for the spoiler on a Petra I wouldnt put it but its u r choice.
Also what you would wanna put is a nice music system with cd player,etc depends on what kind of music u listen to then u can choose if u want a woofer and amp or not,etc
Last but not the least...Nicely fitted tinted film Black shade ...doesnt have to be too dark if u dont like it dark but this will imporve the looks a lot.Also put a clear flim no color tint on u r windscreen i have it all my cars ,u cant make out that there is a film at all but cuts out the heat quite abit since ur putting leather it gets heated up alot

Thats it from me peeps...Enjoy the car
Old 28th October 2004, 05:45   #3
Senior - BHPian

Well,congrats on ur buy shyam.
Now onto ur car.I completely agree with Sahil on this one.
And lemme add,the Necxov Lcd is costing around 5000rs approx. at all the retail shops.And they are the best for now.Enjoy ya car shopping.

X
Old 28th October 2004, 05:52   #4
Team-BHP Support

Moved to "Modifications & Accessories"
Old 28th October 2004, 13:31   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hi shyam

Join the party. I am also from Hyd and there are few more guys from Hyd, aadix, chaxy, mayur, dan400. I also bought my Palio D from Anuroop 2 months ago.

BTW, Is the ex-showroom price 5.83 or 4.83?
Old 29th October 2004, 00:14   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (satish_appasani @ Oct. 28 2004,12:01)]BTW, Is the ex-showroom price 5.83 *or 4.83?
im guessing its 4.83 lakhs.

Drifter
Old 29th October 2004, 00:22   #7
Senior - BHPian

welcome shyam
more details abt you please,where do you stay ,what do you do?etc
and satish there is another person from hyd too,forget his screen name
Old 29th October 2004, 14:07   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]there is another person from hyd too,forget his screen name
I think it's DOHC
Old 29th October 2004, 19:15   #9

It is 4.83... typo ..

I'm into software development at HiTec City ... I live in Sanath Nagar; Howz your experience with Palio D & especially with Anuroop; I feel the sales people require some training; as it looks like I'm selling the car to them.. giving the advantages of the car etc.,,

Hello to all [ aadix, chaxy, mayur, dan400 ]
Old 29th October 2004, 19:37   #10
Senior - BHPian

Palio D is a wonderful car. My experiance with Anuroop is same as yours. The sales people were not very professional.

I also work at Hi-tech city. I am in Cyber Gateway. How about you?
Old 29th October 2004, 19:42   #11
Senior - BHPian

What accessories did you buy from the dealer?

I paid for 4 alloys and 5 wider tyres. I got the 5th alloy, mats, mud flaps and antenna (Damn, they did not install the connector for the antenna, costs another 200-300) as part of the deal (Rs.7000/- worth accessories). I paid Rs.16,000 for the alloys and tyres.

I got my seat covers custom made with velvet for 1800.
Old 29th October 2004, 19:54   #12

I've yet to purchase the car from Anuroop. Coming Wednesday Nov/03 is the deal...

is that all 5 alloys and wides tyres costs you 16000/- ?? I think this is best deal...

they say for Petra the alloy wheels costs around 20K in exchange of the steel one ...

Is velvet the shop name ?? where is it ?? I'm going to do some survey for the accessories this saturday ... how about your stereo ..

Yes, I work at Wipro, Madhapur.
Old 29th October 2004, 20:28   #13
Senior - BHPian

I paid 16000 for 4 alloys and 5 wider tyres. They retain the 5th steel wheel but replace the tyre 165 with 175. The dealer was giving me Rs.7000 worth accessories for free. I included the 5th wheel in to that free accessories. They did not agree at first. Check for 20 K whether they are going to replace all the 5 wheels with alloys.

I meant i got my seat covers done with velvet cloth. Any accessory shop can get that done for you.

I used the stereo from my previous Zen. I have Sony MP50 MP3 head unit, 222W Sony amp (bought used), Sony Xplod 6x9 in the back and Pioneer 5" in the front. It's ok set up. It costed me close to 16,000. That was 9 months ago.Now it works out cheaper. There are lots of audio gurus in the site. You can request them for help.
Old 30th October 2004, 15:03   #14
Team-BHP Support

shyam wrote......
1. I'm planning to buy a video player which I can stick on top for the rear passengers.
3. Child Seat [ I've twin babies, atleast i'm planning to have one ]

navin replies...
congrats on the kids
1. VCD/DVD player the cheapest options is a Necvox 10 disc changer for about 20K and a Necvox screen for about 6K each. the can be operated via a FM modulator about 2K at 87.7Mhz.
2. Car Seats. I have had Graco and Britax and trust me if you can get teh Britax where you live get them. Your kids will bless you. they are worth the money (the cost about twice the Gracos). Britax is made in Italy. Graco is made in China. Ferrari is made in Italy, China's best car is a copy of the Matiz! U get the picture. Get the seats that will work till you kids arre 18kgs. they can be configured to work rear and front facing. rear facing is only used for infants under 12 mts. so the same seat will last you about 3 yrs. Britax seats belt adjustmetns are much much easier so your wife will bless you too.
Old 2nd November 2004, 19:44   #15

Thanks Navin for you the suggestions.....

Will be out for search of Britax. I'm new to Hyderabad tooo...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks