Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2005, 11:10   #31
Team-BHP Support

Irwin, if i do find someone who can fit PDC's I post it here. so far no luck.

MM, Rtech, are you guys in mumbai?

Rtech while you are at auto bahn ask them if they can help with what MM has found. it does make sense to pool in out resources but i dont see what i bring to the table expect for my RS and the willingness to add those mirrors professionally. MM would would they cost?

MM, the interior light in the rear would b nice too. dont know it's code but the manual shows it so i guess it could be an option.

BTW anyone know where i cna get the PDC fitted?
Old 10th March 2005, 21:15   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Irwin, if i do find someone who can fit PDC's I post it here. so far no luck.

MM, Rtech, are you guys in mumbai?

Rtech while you are at auto bahn ask them if they can help with what MM has found. it does make sense to pool in out resources but i dont see what i bring to the table expect for my RS and the willingness to add those mirrors professionally. MM would would they cost?

MM, the interior light in the rear would b nice too. dont know it's code but the manual shows it so i guess it could be an option.

BTW anyone know where i cna get the PDC fitted?

i am From bombay and in mumbai ... and rtec too i think

pretty sure u can contribute in some way or the other .. as a matter of fact we could as a group force skoda to offer a optional dealer fitting .. worth a try

The Vrs aka the octavia is badly in need of a rear cabin reading light .. we could design our own using simple but effective concealed led's or get the one from the superb or the european octavia

and the Vrs already has PDC ?!? atleast mine does and i suppose all Vrs's and L&k's come with it . unless i am confusing what PDC is really ..

Last edited by Mad Monkey : 10th March 2005 at 21:17.
Old 10th March 2005, 22:14   #33
Team-BHP Support

MM, pls refer to post 12. "the PDC is realy nice. so much so that my wife wants it on her car (sail) too. it is esp nice as it can detect even a 3' tall kid running around near your car. so it saves the car as well as kids".

my wife likes my PDC so much she wants one on her car too. it does help he know if our 3 yr old or his friends are near the rear of the car too.

so....to sumarise...
I am looking for a PDC on my wife's sail AND a few mods (rear light, retractable mirrors, etc...) on the RS.
Old 11th March 2005, 16:51   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
MM, pls refer to post 12. "the PDC is realy nice. so much so that my wife wants it on her car (sail) too. it is esp nice as it can detect even a 3' tall kid running around near your car. so it saves the car as well as kids".

my wife likes my PDC so much she wants one on her car too. it does help he know if our 3 yr old or his friends are near the rear of the car too.

so....to sumarise...
I am looking for a PDC on my wife's sail AND a few mods (rear light, retractable mirrors, etc...) on the RS.
not exactly certain but i think Rhyme'N Rhythm Colaba (after sasoon docks ) could fit PDC for you .their prices are slightly on the higher but they are good at what they do
will post thier tel number later today
Old 11th March 2005, 23:49   #35
Team-BHP Support

thanks MM. can i use your reference?
Old 25th June 2005, 01:48   #36
Senior - BHPian

How much will PDC approximately cost ?? how long will it take to install and can it be done on a city or lancer ??

Rev
Old 25th June 2005, 02:05   #37
BHPian

Does the RS have a PDC which is of a beeper type or with digital distance display ... And same again what wud be the cost of the respective PDC's

EVO
Old 25th June 2005, 07:36   #38
BHPian

The Vrs has the beeper type ... navin would be able to help you with the price
Old 25th June 2005, 10:21   #39
Team-BHP Support

To retrofit a PDC on a car you can look at about spending Rs.1,200 onwards.
Old 25th June 2005, 11:41   #40
Team-BHP Support

ok i got one fitted on my wife's sail. cost about 2000. i wanted aonly the audible one as that is what i was used to on my RS and in any case one would be keeping ones eyes on the parking spot and using the aural cues only to complement what one sees.

the one installed on my RS has 4 sensors. The one installed on my sail has 2. It one on the sail is not an efficient as the one on my RS. in that I mean it's feedback is a bit delayed (in mili secons but then mili seconds maean a lot while yu are in motion). I would have loved a nicer one but am now going to live with this. If you are looking at a PDC make sure you try one before getting it installed.
Old 24th July 2005, 14:52   #41
BANNED

Have it on my Skoda L&K and life is TOO EASY with it.
I dont even bother turning around while reversing.. I just look in my mirrors.. but it spoils you for when you drive a car without it....
Old 21st December 2005, 11:43   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
How much will PDC approximately cost ?? how long will it take to install and can it be done on a city or lancer ??

Rev

[SIZE=2]I have been greatly benefited by fitting parking [COLOR=#ffa34f]sensors[/COLOR] to my car. This is how it works.

Comes in two types 2 [COLOR=#ffa34f]Sensors[/COLOR] for smaller cars (800 to Santro) 4 [COLOR=#ffa34f]Sensors[/COLOR] for slightly bigger cars and above. Available in stick on as well as drilled variation. Output is Sound based (Beeps), LCD display of distance in centimeters, Digital display, and Video display where in a video camera is also fit at rear (the one I picked up). The [COLOR=#ffa34f]sensors[/COLOR] activate when the reverse gear in engaged and starts beeping for the distance (90 centimeters to 5 centimeters) thereby eliminating the assistance required while parking your car in tight parking spaces. The product has been available in the market for quite sometime now and is definitely useful here in Bangalore given the parking constraints which exists.

The price range for the various products available is between Rs. 1500 (two sensor) to Rs. 12,000 for the top end variety. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]I got it done from a distributor of the sensors directly[/SIZE]

Old 21st December 2005, 11:45   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech

Rev
I have been greatly benefited by fitting parking sensors to my car. This is how it works.

Comes in two types 2 Sensors for smaller cars (800 to Santro) 4 Sensors for slightly bigger cars and above. Available in stick on as well as drilled variation. Output is Sound based (Beeps), LCD display of distance in centimeters, Digital display, and Video display where in a video camera is also fit at rear (the one I picked up). The sensors activate when the reverse gear in engaged and starts beeping for the distance (90 centimeters to 5 centimeters) thereby eliminating the assistance required while parking your car in tight parking spaces. The product has been available in the market for quite sometime now and is definitely useful here in Bangalore given the parking constraints which exists.

The price range for the various products available is between Rs. 1500 (two sensor) to Rs. 12,000 for the top end variety. The sensors are also available with the choice in color to match your bumper colors

Got it installed from a Distributor directly and he has done a very good job, now parking around in BLR is extremely comfy

Last edited by anarchist : 21st December 2005 at 11:48.
Old 13th April 2006, 16:32   #44
BHPian

Reverse/Backup Parking Sensor

Has anyone fixed up a reverse/backup parking sensor(I am not even sure if this is what it is called) with a visual led type display on an Ikon ?
The Ford dealership I go to has just a model that comes without the display and has just beeps. Chennai Ford quoted around Rs 5.5 K for it including labour. Is this worth it ?

Or is there a sensor with a display that can be fixed on the Ikon easily ? Any details on how much this would cost ? Also please suggest shops where I can get this done reliably in Chennai ?
Old 13th April 2006, 16:49   #45
aZa
Senior - BHPian

i think its for Rs2,500 Max along with a smallish display i was planning on getting this for my car but later chucked the idea. The one i had seen was from SILICON the central locking guys.

i think reverse camera with a indash lcd viewer is the latest rage like the ones that come on DICOR top end model

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks