Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2006, 17:08   #46

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

are u sure aZa cos the one i saw was for 1400 bucks...seemed like a waste of money for a hatchback
Old 13th April 2006, 19:35   #47
BHPian

What the local Honda dealers here say is that in our conditions, read dusty, the sensors become useless. In the sense, the start beeping without actually anything being in the sensing range. The reason being the dust particles fooling the sensor.
The dealer use to give the sensors installed in Honda Accords as a package, but finally recalled all the Accords fitted with it and replaced the bumpers since they were receiving too many such complains.
I dont know how true is it though.
Old 13th April 2006, 19:50   #48
Senior - BHPian

Adya has installed this system on his Accord. So he should be able to tell how effective the sensors are.
Old 13th April 2006, 20:12   #49
Senior - BHPian

Parking sensors are very helpful.
For Accord I have got one with LED screen. And I would recommend the same.

You get beeps with different frequency of beeps and on LED screen it shows distance between you & other object.
From Honda dealer with warranty I got it for about 6k. For both sides it would cost about 10k with a button on LED screen to activate front sensors.
Rear sensors get automatically activated once car is in reverse gear
Quote:
What the local Honda dealers here say is that in our conditions, read dusty, the sensors become useless. In the sense, the start beeping without actually anything being in the sensing range. The reason being the dust particles fooling the sensor.
Well buddy I have on my car & there seems to be no problem of sensor getting fooled by dusty conditions.
Old 13th April 2006, 20:31   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apurvapatel
What the local Honda dealers here say is that in our conditions, read dusty, the sensors become useless. In the sense, the start beeping without actually anything being in the sensing range. The reason being the dust particles fooling the sensor
I've got sensors free from the company while getting the car. They are vey useful too.

Yes that prob does happen once in a whle to me, usually its caused by water droplets rather than dust. Yea prob ins only during the monsoons
Old 13th April 2006, 21:14   #51
aZa
Senior - BHPian

@hellspawn Oye yaar there are many types this Silicon one was for 2.5K then i think crosslink wheels one was for 1.4-1.5K. I saw this one were the reverse sensor display (not the camera image one) was built into the rear view mirror pretty neat.

but yeah pretty useless for a hatch
Old 13th April 2006, 21:46   #52
BHPian

Thanks so much for the inputs. Lot of options seem to be available. I was right in thinking it would be better and cheaper to get it outside than at the dealer. The Safari cam thing ...can it be bought and fixed on an Ikon ? Any idea on the cost ?

Also where can I get this done in Chennai ? I have seen cars with the sensor but a lot of them have the wires all hanging loose under the rear bumper ....so want a reliable place as well.
Old 14th April 2006, 05:36   #53
Senior - BHPian

I had the park distance control installed in my car for free during the purchase. Is pretty helpful sometimes.
Old 17th April 2006, 16:05   #54
BANNED

hey guys. i have an accord and would like to fit a PDC in it. how much is the cost guys and will the company fit it or will i have to get it done from outside.
thanks
Old 18th April 2006, 12:12   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
I had the park distance control installed in my car for free during the purchase. Is pretty helpful sometimes.
I think thats not possible in india yet, yes you can manage to get a security system installed free when buying a new car(sometimes) but the pdc is not that common or popular here yet......
Old 18th April 2006, 12:34   #56
BANNED

xenos has come out with a 4 sensor PDC comes with warranty and all for around 3k. if anyone wants to install it in mumbai gimme a buzz
Old 18th April 2006, 13:24   #57
Team-BHP Support

Jesal, please do not solicit here. this is not a commercial site. for one-off trades of auto related parts you can use market place. thanks.
Old 18th April 2006, 13:26   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeman
I think thats not possible in india yet, yes you can manage to get a security system installed free when buying a new car(sometimes) but the pdc is not that common or popular here yet......
I know 3 dealers in Mumbai who offer these as dealer fitted options (Arya Honda, National Garage, and the Toyota dealer at Worli Naka, Mumbai).

My car came with a 4 sensor version and my wife's car was fitted with a 2 sensor version. Both are useful.

Last edited by navin : 18th April 2006 at 13:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks