Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2006, 11:28   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
Ollie, how good are these seats? i saw them in a shop here in Hyderabad, hmm, dun remember the price, but they looked good, and yea, am sure they were the replica recaro coz they were in the same price range i believe.

Are they comfortable? reall good kinda? or wud u say the stick to Oem seats?
this i was considering for my Tucson.
Hey dude !
If you wana take my advice.. these seats are really really good, i mean in comfort wise, it gives a good support to your back..
But for a car like a Tucson.. i dont think it would suit the look of the car.. as these seats are very sporty looking !!
Old 25th September 2006, 11:37   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclesam
hey people i have a swift and viper can u give me idea whether i can have them fit

Hi,

If you are referring to the sports seat(Recaro/Sparco/MOMO imitation or original) yes they can fit.

Viper
Old 4th November 2006, 03:31   #18
BHPian

Post deleted : SMS / SLang is strictly prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full, clear and concise English for the benefit of other readers.

Last edited by GTO : 27th March 2007 at 09:38.
payam is offline   Received Infraction
Old 27th March 2007, 05:03   #19
BHPian

I am having a fiat-adventure and i do feel some back problems after continues driving. Can i fit recardo or sparco kind of seats into adventure.
Old 27th March 2007, 09:52   #20
BHPian

firestarter-you being in b'lore,the best person for you to contact for a replica sparco or recaro seats would be bluraven, he recently arranged a pair for my friend[16v100bhp],we got it for rs14000/-.pls check out the pics on 16v100bhps thread.it is really comfortable.
killjoy-where in bangalore can you get recaro/sparco lookalike seats for 10000/-?pls give details.regarding anil padiwal,i am a regular customer there , you can never get seats less than 18500/- from him.
amitoj-contact bluraven.
Old 13th April 2007, 17:25   #21
BHPian

Hi Ollie,
when u say 18k for a pair..does that include the side panels and the remaining work inside as seen in the pic.. or is it just the seats
Old 13th April 2007, 19:39   #22
BHPian

joe_mclaren-its just the seats.
Old 21st March 2009, 12:21   #23
BHPian

Bolero Seat Modification

Hi Guys!
I'm 5'11" tall and I've tried all seat positions, there is obsolutely no thigh support and it's a real pain to drive long distances. Has anyone in this forum modified the front seats of a Bolero for the above reason? If so I request you to provide some details - like how and where it was done.
Old 29th March 2009, 16:10   #24
Senior - BHPian

I posted this in another thread, but I think this query belongs in the Modifications... section.

Has anyone gone through with the seat modification process? i.e, adding foam etc to create greater lumbar, side and thigh support? If so, a small writeup on the process (pics would be great) would be very helpful for others to go the same route.
Specifically: While adding side, neck and thigh support padding, does a supporting frame need to be fabricated to hold the foam in place? Seems to me that no matter how hard the foam is, prolonged usage would cause it to lose shape and firmness. Comments?

Also:
Has anyone tried retrofitting better seats in a Lancer?

Which cars have the best OE seats, in terms of support & comfort?

Originally posted in:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/access...ml#post1235521
Old 30th March 2009, 17:09   #25
Senior - BHPian

Always wanted to know the feasibility of this:

Remove the back seat from my swift and put in two single seats similar to the front!

Your thoughts on this?
Old 26th April 2009, 02:58   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
I posted this in another thread, but I think this query belongs in the Modifications... section.

Has anyone gone through with the seat modification process? i.e, adding foam etc to create greater lumbar, side and thigh support? If so, a small writeup on the process (pics would be great) would be very helpful for others to go the same route.
Specifically: While adding side, neck and thigh support padding, does a supporting frame need to be fabricated to hold the foam in place? Seems to me that no matter how hard the foam is, prolonged usage would cause it to lose shape and firmness. Comments?

Also:
Has anyone tried retrofitting better seats in a Lancer?

Which cars have the best OE seats, in terms of support & comfort?

Originally posted in:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/access...ml#post1235521
So far, only questions in this thread, barely any answers. Of all the OE seats, Daewoo was the only company that made furniture good enough to place in your home. Sigh.
It has started to look like we don't demand ergonomics from our cars, and subsequently don't get it from our manufacturers.

Enough Rant.

Is there anyway one can better lumbar and thigh support in our cars, without spending a fortune?
Old 26th April 2009, 14:06   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by godog View Post
So far, only questions in this thread, barely any answers. Of all the OE seats, Daewoo was the only company that made furniture good enough to place in your home. Sigh.
It has started to look like we don't demand ergonomics from our cars, and subsequently don't get it from our manufacturers.

Enough Rant.

Is there anyway one can better lumbar and thigh support in our cars, without spending a fortune?
"Koyas" in Coimbatore, Tamilnadu is the best place to do all such works/modifications. Many vehicles are brought here not only for seats, even for other modifications. I am taking my Bolero shortly for front seat modification in order to get better lumbar and thigh support!
Old 27th April 2009, 20:52   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsolo27 View Post
"Koyas" in Coimbatore, Tamilnadu is the best place to do all such works/modifications. Many vehicles are brought here not only for seats, even for other modifications. I am taking my Bolero shortly for front seat modification in order to get better lumbar and thigh support!
But it will take me ages and spondylitis to get to Coimbatore from delhi... especially with the seats as they are.

Irony.
Old 9th August 2009, 12:26   #29
BHPian

Anyone with updates on retro fitted seats? The front seats in my Indica are nowhere close to comfortable and need good thigh n lumbar support.Any leads or will fishing at lamington do the job?
Old 24th December 2009, 12:01   #30
BHPian

I want to remove the back seats and get fitted some adjustable seats exactly like the front ones.
Is it possible? has anyone tried it? where in pune can i get it done and how much will be charges?
I own a Zen Estilo and the rear space is awful, occasionally we used them when my parents arrive ( once in 6 months) but i need something spacious and comfortable for them.
I don't care if the sitting capacity decreases from 5 to 4.

Most Viewed