Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2004, 15:26   #31
BHPian

hey amit,
which car you getting it done for?? and is this amount for the full exhaust kit (header, pipes freeflow muffler)?
Old 10th November 2004, 15:29   #32
Senior - BHPian

its a carb zen, anoop. Yeah this amount is for the complete kit.
Old 11th November 2004, 01:22   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (amitoj @ Nov. 10 2004,12:59)]its a carb zen, anoop. Yeah this amount is for the complete kit.
means 10k
Old 11th November 2004, 19:26   #34
BHPian

hi there ....
I am interested in having an Free Flow exhaust system for my Opel Corsa 1.4 .
Can anyone suggest me a place where i can get them
Old 11th November 2004, 20:32   #35
Senior - BHPian

Haryan automech is the best in business. Please refer to the first page of this post for their details.

BTW where are you located?

Revv
Old 11th November 2004, 21:10   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Revvmaster @ Nov. 11 2004,18:02)]Haryan automech is the best in business. Please refer to the first page of this post for their details.

BTW where are you located?

Revv
hi ..
I am from Hyderabad ....

Automech sounds expensive ...
Can anyone suggest some other place where the prices are not so Exorbitant
Old 13th November 2004, 14:34   #37
Senior - BHPian

Hey satya, what does a free flow do to the ground clearance of the zen? zen as it is has very low ground clearance and someone told me that getting modified headers would further decrease the clearance. If thats the case, then am not gonna get free flow until they do somethin about the roads here.
Old 14th November 2004, 01:45   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (amitoj @ Nov. 13 2004,12:04)]Hey satya, what does a free flow do to the ground clearance of the zen? zen as it is has very low ground clearance and someone told me that getting modified headers would further decrease the clearance.
tell that person to FO. .
dunno abt others ,but automech exhausts replace the stock one as it is.
so there shud be no probs.

satya
Old 14th November 2004, 14:04   #39
Senior - BHPian

Well, he said only if u change the headers, the ground clearance will get affected.
Apparently that guy runs a service station that is reputed for modifying cars. Services many rally cars as well as drag cars too.
Dom, wots ur take?
Old 20th December 2004, 00:13   #40
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys... query!

My automech exhaust is now close to two months old. I am starting to face a few problems and i would like to know the possible reasons.

I generally drive with a half-tank in my car atleast at all times. As the needle starts to approach the E limit which is 7-8 litres, my car starts to jerk rather wildly. Now i can't seem to understand why is it so. When i fill her up say to even the quarter level, the problem vanishes. But it seems to re-emerge everytime around the E mark. My car is now at 43k kms, and i can sense that the clutch is giving away. Could that be a problem? Note i always get the "check" sign on the panel before it starts to jerk. The jerking is quite violent, similar to a wild-bull in a ring.

I am starting to doubt that there are flat spots as well in the exhaust setup. The problem started soon after i fitted it. Initially it was minor and i attributed it to the engine taking its time to understand that a new exhaust had been fitted. But now that the problem has become quite grave and that it has lasted for so long has got me worried.

I plan to

1. check the clutch plate
2. Re-fit the ECU (would that help?)
3. Check the exhaust system for flat spots and oxygen sensor for placement.

Is there anything else that you suggest? Could it be a fuel-pump problem as well? I need advise. ASAP.

Revvmaster
Old 23rd December 2004, 10:32   #41
Senior - BHPian

hi .....me planning to fit a free flow in our 97 carb zen.....i have few doubts can someone explain...1) wat is a flat spots in the exhaust setup...2) and is it alright for daily driving ..3) will it make it heat up the engine more..and difficult for long drives ? 4) does it cos the jerking problems tat revv faced in his matiz...and are there anymore disadvantages....
i still am not much convinced abut the exhuast system...then i have to convince my dad also .lol.....thanx bye
Old 23rd December 2004, 10:59   #42
Senior - BHPian

In addition to what all heavy_foot has asked for, i would also like to know the following about free flows and a carb zen:
1. How long does a free flow exhaust last on an average?
2. When going for a free flow, is it also better to go for porting, polishing? And bigger carbs, to get full benefits?
3. I thot for carb engines, u get only the ring shaped K&N filters. But then someone told me that he can fit the conical ones on a carb zen and he also claimed that it gave better results in terms of performance. How much water does this statement hold?

Cheers
Amitoj
Old 23rd December 2004, 18:49   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvmaster
Could that be a problem? Note i always get the "check" sign on the panel before it starts to jerk.
Hey Revv,

Sounds like a fuel pump problem to me.... get it checked.

Clutch wearing out at 43k... that seems a bit early...

cya
R
Old 23rd December 2004, 22:12   #44
Senior - BHPian

guys even i face this problem sometimes.but if u wait for for the car to be warmed up completely i.ewait for the temp needle to go to its normal position,there is no problem.but if u drive the car starightaway after starting ,i get these wild jerks as if the car is going into reserve. but this does not ahppen always.

and wat abt flat spots in an exhaust????????
Old 11th January 2005, 12:58   #45

be careful when putting in a "FREE FLOW".. its basically headers connected with a tuned muffler. one problem with headers is ..it needs to be "faced" properly to prevent leaks.. also choosing a right kind of muffler is important.. and yes fitting conical air filters not a prob..also its better to have it away from engine as cooler air boosts up the power

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks