Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2006, 14:05   #1
BHPian

Kindly Advise - Esteem Done 80k Needs Suspension + Cluth Plate

Hi friends Need The Advise As I am pretty Confused :

I ve a 2nd hand Esteem MPFI ( 2001 model / travelled 32K when I bought it in 2004)
I havent invested anything in repairs ever since i bought the car other than the regular service. After getting my car done today for 80K(servicing) i got the Advise for next repairs as Clutch and Suspension ... the guy from MASS told me that in the next ~5K i would be needing new Clutch and in about 6~8months time new suspension ( all 4 ) as they HAVE started making NOISES.

* I just got 4 tubeless tyres for the car a week back.
** The car is non-accidented and has no minor dents even.
*** other than Clutch and Suspension The car is in Tip-Top Condition.

Now the QUESTION :

1) what would be the cost of getting both repaired i.e Clutch and Suspension. ( I dont mind spending about 25K~30K for it in the next ~4~6months)

2) Get the thing changed and drive the car for another 2yrs or so.

3) or replace ? ( which is the last option) if replace then which car in 1st hand option in 5~6 Lakhs range.

just as I said in starting i am confused..... make that badly confused.

Tnx friends
P4C
Old 7th December 2006, 14:49   #2

there is no need to change the car. but get the work done under supervision and use only mgp

clutch and suspension may come around 20k

enjoy the drive

Last edited by ported_head : 7th December 2006 at 15:12.
Old 7th December 2006, 15:41   #3
BHPian

check - by a "trusted" roadside garage as its common practice that dealers want to do unnecessary repairs and make a bill for u.

check - since uve been driving for sometime now u will know signs of a weak clutch, suspension noise.

if both need replacement get it done and ull be far happy driving an esteem for next 2 yrs without having to visit the garage as u have experienced so far.

any car is good as long as its "reliable" thats the way I look at it.
Old 7th December 2006, 20:25   #4
BHPian

Thanks friends.

Clutch - I am feeling something is wrong as car takes time of 2~3 seconds to move in 1st gear..... also in 3rd gear at speeds of + 75Km/hr it takes a bit of acceleration + time to move to say 90 and I FEEL as if car is taking more time. ( which wasnt present say a month back )

* but still I manage a good FE of about +16km / lt. this point only makes me wonder is it really clutch or is it in early stages (thats why ??)

Suspension - He pointed out the NOISES to me.... ( which werent present a month before , i thought its some loose nuts n bolts)

** suspension - i dont want to wait as I have new tyres just scared that suspension will start EATING my tyres

Will do that ( get it checked from local TRUSTED workshop ) and get back on Team-BHP the greatest.

Tnx n Rgds
P4C
Old 8th December 2006, 02:13   #5

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

i think you'll easily be able to get the clutch and the suspension done in under 20k.
dont wait.get the repairs as soon as possible because:
1.)wrong suspension geometry will lead to tyres being worn out quicker.
2.)get the clutch replaced asap otherwise the pressure plate might get worn out too.thats an additional expense.
if the car is behaving like an automatic wherein when you press the accelerator,revs rise and then the car accelerates.thats an indication that the clutch needs to be changed.

Last edited by hellspawn : 8th December 2006 at 02:15.

Most Viewed