Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2006, 21:09   #1
Senior - BHPian

Retrofitted AC giving problems

My car did not come with the standard ac[back in 2000 ,AC was more a luxury than standard feature].Summers were becoming unbearable and the heat was just getting to me.So one fine day[Had not heard about team-bhp then] went to my accessory guy and asked him to retrofit an AC.Paid around 25,000 bucks for something called superking[yeah I was ripped I know].

Now from the beginning it is not cooling that much ,especially the back seat hardly get any cooling effect,also the cooling effect tends to decrease from the drivers side vent to the passenger side vent [Installer said its normal].
Recently however there is no cool air coming out whatsoever when I switch on the ac.The ac at present is not turning on at all it seems only the blower is working.Hey guys is there any solution to fix my ac problems,also any way i can better the present system without having to shell a lot of money again.And yeah the engine bay in the matiz is really small so space is a major constraint.

Will changing compresser to a better manufacturer increase cooling effect

Guys It was just my bad luck that I came across this forum quite late in Life,or else would have retrofitted something as suggested by team-bhpians.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 7th December 2006 at 21:10.
Old 7th December 2006, 22:37   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Best thing would be to go to a renowned air-con chap and get the system checked. I retrofitted a 10 year old Tata Sierra Air-con in my Jeep (when it was running on the dirty fuel), and boy...it was an absolute chiller.

Quality of Installation matters as much as the components in such cases. Let an expert have a look at your system and I am sure your problem will be solved.
Old 8th December 2006, 00:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

Don't feel too bad. Back in 2000 the cost of the Unicla Superking (which by the way is a damned good evaporator unit) including fitting cost about 23K. So u got gypped only by 2K.
I second what GTO said. Go to a good ac guy. It may only be the gas which has leaked.
The Superking blower has only a front throw grill. Yours must have been modified to get some throw to the side vents. The flow to the side vents is usually a lot less in this set up.

Last edited by jyobeb : 8th December 2006 at 00:09.
Old 8th December 2006, 06:49   #4
BHPian

Can someone elaborate on the Subros AC fitted as aftermarket on the Maruti 800 MPFI and King MPFI? Is there any difference in the kits fo rthe 2 cars?

Do the Subros Kits come with 4 blowers?
Old 8th December 2006, 08:29   #5
BANNED

Hey,

Dont worry man it could probably be something very minor like a ducting pipe thats com eoff reducing air flow in the grills. Super king(is only the name of the blower unit) is a powerful AC. You would freeze in a Matiz with the same unit.

As regards the compressor not coming on again could be a blown fuse, faulty switch o rsomething to worry. Like everyone suggested take it to someone renowned and get it checked.

Viper
Old 8th December 2006, 12:40   #6
BHPian

Superking is a very good unit, at least in the aftermarket scene. Had one in dad's 69 Amby and it used to chill even back seat passengers well. Engine used to overheat on stop/go traffic crawling but that is another story.

So it's not likely to be the equipment, which leaves the installation.

btw, which car?

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 8th December 2006, 15:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

Daewoo Matiz[2000 model].

Thanks everyone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks