Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2018, 18:11   #16
BHPian

Re: A feasibility study of an engine swap - Figo 1.6?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nim_peter View Post
Not sure about the RTO hassles even if you manage it and issues when you try selling it. If you need more power, turbocharging makes better sense I guess. Check if the ecoboost turbo can be fitted into one, if not, I'm sure there are so many turbo options to choose from aftermarket.
An engine swap would be much easier than TC'ing. Even TC will have hassles.
Old 1st February 2018, 19:39   #17
Senior - BHPian

On a similar note, how difficult(technically) is it to plonk a 1.6 engine on a 1.4 Duratec? I for sure know that it would not make sense financially, as there is a possibility of getting a used car for much lesser than the swap, unless it involves only an engine block, ECU change.
Old 2nd February 2018, 01:02   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
On a similar note, how difficult(technically) is it to plonk a 1.6 engine on a 1.4 Duratec? I for sure know that it would not make sense financially, as there is a possibility of getting a used car for much lesser than the swap, unless it involves only an engine block, ECU change.
Quite easy, the Fiesta is sold abroad with both engines.

Although, its always easier to find a used car it isn't cheaper.

You can swap an engine in under 50 big ones.
devilwearsprada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2019, 12:29   #19
BHPian

I have gone through the service manual for the Figo. It comes with the 1.6 internationally and from the diagrams and instructions in the manual, it looks like the engines share very similar dimensions and the same mounting points. The gearbox is the same. In fact all procedures for the 1.2, 1.4 and 1.6 are all the same.

This should IMO make a relatively straight forward swap. I'm surprised it hasn't been done/attempted before.

Could any one with better insight pitch in here?
If it's actually as simple I am thinking this should make for an amazingly fun and fast project car.

Maybe swap in the beefed up suspension from the Fiesta S, the quicker Fiesta S rack and those classy alloys.. Boy!! It would be amazing!!!

Going a bit further..
Does any one know how similar the 1.5 and 1.4 TDCi mills are? The old Figo with a remapped 1.5D engine swap will be a damn rocket!!! Coupled with the aforementioned suspension upgrades.. The Figo, a car with already brilliant handling will just be SUBLIME and the best car to drive IMO!!

Thinking about all this now is making me want to pick up 2 project Figos!!!
But first, I need some of that vitamin M, and by the looks of it I will need a lot.

Let's keep this discussion alive guys!!
Old 22nd March 2019, 20:30   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrrb0 View Post

Maybe swap in the beefed up suspension from the Fiesta S, the quicker Fiesta S rack and those classy alloys.. Boy!! It would be amazing!!!
You can't get the S parts without a VIN Number, and most parts are no longer available including the body kit.
devilwearsprada is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2019, 21:29   #21
Senior - BHPian

Instead of the engine swap or upgrading to a Fiesta 1.6 as suggested by many, a better option would be to pick up a 2nd hand 2nd Gen Figo, swap the suspension with that of a Figo S and do a stage 1 remap. Even this should work out cheaper than your plan.

Most Viewed