Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2007, 21:13   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Our stock Cams can easily be reground to Piper Bp285 specs infact they can be reground till BP 300 specs very easily. This I can confirm can be done for the Maruti range, Ford, Hyundai & Lancer as have got these done from Piper used them extensively since the past 10-12 years depending on the cars sold during that period.

BP 285 is very driveable in traffic and the powerband is from 2000 RPM - 7500 RPM. Have been using BP 285 Cams in my ex M1000, Esteem, Getz and some customers Ikon(Jitu), Swift(Gemballa), Lancer, Accent. Use of a Adjustable Cam wheel adviseable when using BP25 specifically.
Theoretically cannot be a regrind only but a weld and a grind to achieve those degrees. typical cams can be reground to about 15 deg of the original.

More than the cam gear you would also need better valve springs to avoid the flutter caused by higher lift on high RPM's. I do hope that you have degreed the BP285 before the install to be sure as advertised duration may not be true for most of the cams and can be affected by rocker ratio's and the final degree on it eventually. Have also noticed that some cams advertised as 280's turn out to be 260's and the people end up with a wrong header calculation to support it making matters worse.

Personally would go with a billet more than a reground to be sure of what we buy rather than just a take a chance. Just my point of view and would not like to start a debate please.

Last edited by Psycho : 8th May 2007 at 21:14.
Old 8th May 2007, 21:23   #62
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
Just my point of view and would not like to start a debate please.
Hi Psycho,

I agree with what you say but only to an extent. Not all companies mislead people with wrong specs. In any case I was referring to the advertised or claimed profiles from Piper UK only. If they are wrong so be it we are happy with the results there Cams deliver.

Dont worry there is no point or issue of a debate here. I think we both are way beyond all that. Like you I have also stated my usage and point of view only.

Viper

Last edited by viper : 8th May 2007 at 21:41.
Old 8th May 2007, 22:52   #63
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Jiggy , it would be really helpful if you could get the necessary details from your Piper Uk counterparts if they only regrind the cam or they weld additional metal and then regrind it .. If its possible to get 300 degree from a stock baleno cam I would be interested .. Also how long would it take for this ?? Hope you read my PM .. Awaiting a reply ..
Old 9th May 2007, 09:42   #64
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Jiggy , it would be really helpful if you could get the necessary details from your Piper Uk counterparts if they only regrind the cam or they weld additional metal and then regrind it .. If its possible to get 300 degree from a stock baleno cam I would be interested .. Also how long would it take for this ?? Hope you read my PM .. Awaiting a reply ..
Hi Mclaren,

You can contact Piper directly thru the below link :

Piper Cams frames page

Viper

Last edited by ported_head : 9th May 2007 at 16:54. Reason: Content edited of possibly flammable material. Please take personal fights and grievances to PM.
Old 9th May 2007, 16:44   #65
BANNED

Hi friends how much does a cam cost as I am thinking of putting the same? Who is a good garage for getting the job done in Bombay?
Old 9th May 2007, 20:21   #66
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedweednitro View Post
Hi friends how much does a cam cost as I am thinking of putting the same? Who is a good garage for getting the job done in Bombay?
Hey, ur nick if true ... should be enough to make ur car go faster -- you don't need a cam !!

On a serious note .. what ride would you like to dump a viper cam into , ooops piper cam ??

Cheers
Old 5th June 2007, 04:37   #67
BHPian

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2622135
Old 11th June 2007, 13:46   #68
BHPian

careful guys... how you play with camshafts.. they can gave a detremental effect on Acceleration, without a closeratio gearbox... there are other ways to make a steert car go a bit quicker...
Old 11th June 2007, 23:47   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemballa View Post
Would love to see the position of your new filter.... Can you show some pics as far as the positioning is concerned? With the cramped engine bay, positioning has always been an issue...
Old 12th June 2007, 18:15   #70
Senior - BHPian

Hey Gemballa,
Noticed on your cardomain page that u've fitted Pedders. What specifically did you fit?
Also, what's your feedback on handling + ride? I know the handling will be way better, but am a little more curious about the ride quality. How do they handle bad roads, potholes etc.

Nice mods btw... how's the cam behaving?
Old 13th June 2007, 02:35   #71
BHPian

im on holidayy right now so not sure car is being worked on.... will pt pics of the engine soon as i get back...as far as the suspension is concerned on the expressway and all the way to ambi valley the drive ws amazin however as soon as i got to bandra game over car was tooo bumpy and ive removed the suspension and back to sock.....
Old 13th June 2007, 11:55   #72
Senior - BHPian

Do you remember what springs/shocks combo you fitted?
Comfort gas , Sports Ryder etc?
Old 28th August 2007, 21:43   #73
BHPian

hello everyone its been a while...car has gone through major changes all previous mods have been scraped and the car has been done completely again with new engine..... interiors and stereo also upgraded

Old 8th September 2007, 21:24   #74
BHPian

anyone put a big brake kit on the swift
Old 8th September 2007, 21:44   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemballa View Post
hello everyone its been a while...car has gone through major changes all previous mods have been scraped and the car has been done completely again with new engine..... interiors and stereo also upgraded

What is this new engine? Is it back to stock now?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks