Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2013, 17:23   #15841
BHPian

re: Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Alright folks.
Presenting you the most in-expensive jugaad in the automobile market !!!
Someone beat this.

Attachment 1109574

Source: FB
This had me laughing all over.
One of the best Jugaad's down here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
Must be photo-shopped, no Beemer owner in his right mind would do this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Doesn't look like. The sweep on the rear glass matches the broom
To me, it seems that the car might have been parked for days together and some innovative chap put up the broom at the right place. I see some cars in the background as well, that more looks like a parking or so.

Last edited by carzone : 13th July 2013 at 17:24.
Old 13th July 2013, 17:34   #15842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
To me, it seems that the car might have been parked for days together and some innovative chap put up the broom at the right place. I see some cars in the background as well, that more looks like a parking or so.
Mee too think same. But must appreciate the innovative soul who put up that broom there. Definitely brought a large smile on everyone's face here.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2013, 19:57   #15843
BHPian

There are a lot of weirdly modified cars on Indian used car sites, and the asking prices are almost always just as ridiculous.

Here's an interesting one from quikr.com: A Ford Fusion TDCi that's been forced to masquerade as a Land Rover Freelander, no less! Asking price Rs.4.5 lakhs.

Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-10949794021371398234.png.jpg

Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-6920495151371398207.png.jpg

Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-4368047171371398282.png.jpg
coloneljasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2013, 10:14   #15844
BHPian

Found this wacky i10 in The Forum parking lot. The pics were taken a few months ago.

Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-img_4490.jpg

Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-img_4491.jpg
shoaib3030 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2013, 10:59   #15845
SMK
BHPian

Bad Boy! Ready to Fly!!
Attached Thumbnails
Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-dsc_0298.jpg  

SMK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2013, 12:06   #15846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoaib3030 View Post
Found this wacky i10 in The Forum parking lot. The pics were taken a few months ago.
That looks nice to my eyes !! Seems the owner wanted a NFS looking hatch. The body colour absolutely looks classy in my eyes.
Everything else looks nice, except the crazy Rally lights in the front.
I wonder what's with the crazy of installing these monster looking rally lights in the front, when it absolutely doesn't help the driver in any way at all (assuming that he is not taking the poor i10 to a OTR or a Rally).
Old 15th July 2013, 12:23   #15847
BHPian

Quote:

That looks nice to my eyes !! Seems the owner wanted a NFS looking hatch. The body colour absolutely looks classy in my eyes.
Everything else looks nice, except the crazy Rally lights in the front.
I wonder what's with the crazy of installing these monster looking rally lights in the front, when it absolutely doesn't help the driver in any way at all (assuming that he is not taking the poor i10 to a OTR or a Rally).
Contrary to what to think, I believe those auxiliary lights are the only useful mod on the car, albeit being a bigger size to what would have looked good. The rest of the mods are IMO, pure tasteless. It's relative though. :-)
Old 15th July 2013, 13:28   #15848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... except the crazy Rally lights in the front.
I wonder what's with the crazy of installing these monster looking rally lights in the front, when it absolutely doesn't help the driver in any way at all
Aux lights improve the illumination in front of the car, hence I concur with this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
...those auxiliary lights are the only useful mod on the car, albeit being a bigger size to what would have looked good
Old 15th July 2013, 13:50   #15849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Contrary to what to think, I believe those auxiliary lights are the only useful mod on the car, albeit being a bigger size to what would have looked good. The rest of the mods are IMO, pure tasteless. It's relative though. :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Aux lights improve the illumination in front of the car, hence I concur with this:
Beg to highly differ from both of you.

I believe they just make the experience of the opposite lane driver very painful.
Why would someone want to drive with those Aux Lights (as you named it) ON, in a city road ? Ok, agree, you drive on Highways. But why hit the eyes of the opposite lane driver with these lights ? What if a truck driver is blinded by this stupid Aux Light and rams into your car ?

There is a purpose and logic behind providing Headlights on each and every vehicle, with Low and High beams. I feel these Aux lights defys any logic, when installed on a city ride car - more importantly, on any car which does not have OTR capabilities. I absolutely hate those Indicabs. They drive with these high beamed Aux lights, blinding every other road user. And absolutely hate those Loud Noisy modded cars with these Aux Lights. Menace to the society - creating noise and light pollution.
Incase the illumination in front of the car is not enough, get a better bulb for the headlights, not install an Aux Light. Worse, getter an eye check up done. Worst, approach the Govt. to install street lights in that area.

These Aux Lights are a major help during OTR events, where there are no oncoming traffic and deep ditches / uneven earth. So ideally keeping with the logic of OTR, no sane person would take his i10, or any hatch for that matter to an OTR event. Then why put up those ugly eyes on a beautiful car.

For me, every car, except SUV or Rally Vehicles (with OTR Capabilities) who puts up those Aux Lights - Hope your eyes rot in hell

Last edited by mobike008 : 15th July 2013 at 15:30. Reason: Excluded bloody....Lets keep the tone down. Thanks
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2013, 14:39   #15850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijeetsng View Post
Saw this i20 yesterday in Noida.
A custom Live to Drive sticker was pasted on its boot lid.
Sorry for the crappy picture. took it while being driven past it.
Attachment 1107276
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
PLEASE don't take pictures while driving. Its worst than driving without seat-belt. Remember your life is more important than a post on any forum.

Raab rakha.
I humbly appreciate your concern.
Thank you.
Just to bring to your notice, I wasn't 'driving'. As I mentioned in my post, I took it while being 'driven' past it.
I was in the passenger seat. My friend was driving.
abhijeetsng is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2013, 14:40   #15851
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoaib3030 View Post
Quote:
Few more pics of the same i10.

@Soumyajit9: Bro, the wrap quality is bad and the car look better in photos. You have to see it personally to know how wacky it is. And to top it off, white ORVMs, fog light inserts and rear hatch opening handle (below the H emblem on rear hatch door)with golden body wrap?

(PS: There are few like us who use the aux lights only for highway drives, with out blinding the oncomming traffic. Hope we get an exemption from rotting our eyes in hell )

Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-img_0021.jpg

Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-img_0022.jpg

Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-img_0023.jpg

Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-img_0024.jpg

--Anoop

Last edited by theexperthand : 15th July 2013 at 14:43.
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2013, 14:56   #15852
Senior - BHPian

At the risk of going OT in this thread, but still, I think certain things have to made clear.
Quote:
I believe they just make the experience of the opposite lane driver very painful.
Depends on how they are focussed.
Quote:
Why would someone want to drive with those Aux Lights (as you named it) ON, in a city road ?
It's plain stupidity and/or arrogance to drive inside the city with powerful, blinding lights on. The BTP does charge people, mostly cabbies for using "dazzling headlights".

Quote:
Ok, agree, you drive on Highways. But why hit the eyes of the opposite lane driver with these lights ? What if a truck driver is blinded by this stupid Aux Light and rams into your car ?
Getting blinded can happen with the high-beams of the headlights too. Even a bike's HL is good enough for that.

It's road sense that you don't use high-beams/spot-lights when there's oncoming traffic. Moreover, these aux lights don't turn on along with the HLs. They do have a separate switch. So, it's alright to have them installed.

Quote:
I feel these Aux lights defys any logic, when installed on a city ride car - more importantly, on any car which does not have OTR capabilities.
Quite a few people use i10s for their long drives. I have just one car that I use to commute inside the city, and also use to head out on long drives. So, how would you define a city ride car in India? Maybe Reva is a city-ride car, and I agree to your point here.

Quote:
I absolutely hate those Indicabs. Bloody, they drive with these high beamed Aux lights, blinding every other road user. And absolutely hate those Loud Noisy modded cars with these Aux Lights. Menace to the society - creating noise and light pollution.
Absolutely! Not many like either kind. The former kind never hesitates to foulmouth you for their faults

Quote:
Incase the illumination in front of the car is not enough, get a better bulb for the headlights, not install an Aux Light. Worse, getter an eye check up done. Worst, approach the Govt. to install street lights in that area.
Some cars' HL reflectors are not so great. Haven't driven an i10 at night, so I cannot comment on that. But, the earlier Figos' and the latest gen M800s' HL reflectors do not provide a good illumination. A bulb upgrade won't help much in such cases. Moreover, using higher wattage bulbs will damage the HL lens and reflector relatively quicker than compared to stock wattages. An eye checkup won't help either. Approaching govt agencies to provide streetlighting on all the roads across all states, is not viable.

Bottom line is, everyone has their reasons. For me, having additional lights is not a crime, as long as they are used judiciously. Take a chill pill and agree to disagree.

EDIT:
Mods, this post may be moved to the relevant thread under Auto Lighting.

Last edited by silversteed : 15th July 2013 at 14:57. Reason: Note to Mods
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2013, 16:04   #15853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Few more pics of the same i10.
@Soumyajit9: Bro, the wrap quality is bad and the car look better in photos.
I take your word, yes things could be different in camera and in real eyes. If the finish is amateur then definitely belongs to WW thread. When I first saw the two pics, and now the rest of the pics, it immediately gives me a sense of those hot hatches from NFS series.
Quote:
PS: There are few like us who use the aux lights only for highway drives, with out blinding the oncomming traffic. Hope we get an exemption from rotting our eyes in hell
Ohh no Anoop, the curse is not for my fellow BHPians.
I can very safely say that our BHPian family is well aware of what's legal and what's not, same with what is logical and what is fancy.
The rant was aimed at two categories of drivers - one is the cab/auto/truck/taxi wallas and the second are filthy rich people. Both these categories just go with what the trend is, without actually having to understand the technicalities or the right way of using it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
At the risk of going OT in this thread, but still, I think certain things have to made clear.
Bottom line is, everyone has their reasons. For me, having additional lights is not a crime, as long as they are used judiciously. Take a chill pill and agree to disagree.
Hey silversteed. My apologies if my post was a bit on the harsh tone. I have faced a zillion difficulties with these Aux lights. I have been lucky not to have run into them. Only when the vehicle is close to me, I realise the width of the vehicle (assuming that these are installed in the center of the front bumper) and cut my way !!
Like Anoop said, everyone has a liking and so do reasons. But yes, like I said also, these mods should be used judiciously, in a plain language, people who use it, should know how to use it, rather than use it for fancy.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2013, 16:05   #15854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
The big daddy of all weird and wacky modded cars!
My respect for the man who has spent considerable time and made this job possible, may look a bit wacky but its not all that bad, considering Lamborghini's wont ever be this fuel efficient
Old 15th July 2013, 20:07   #15855

World's most reliable Camaro. Its a Honda City.

Source : Facebook
Attached Images

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks