Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2007, 01:35   #2671
Senior - BHPian

Also, if u think a different coloured roof on a car is funny- boss, ever heard of a mini cooper???
Old 27th July 2007, 01:45   #2672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Arrey, you have no knowledge only! Stupid man! Don't you know that they are special made for India "Wings" so that during rush hour those Lambo's can engage the "Flying Gear" & Fly out of traffic
But then shouldn't it be called 'Flying Mur' like the Bentley Flying Spur? Besides, those wings are just for show because the owner doesn't have a pilot license.
Old 27th July 2007, 01:58   #2673
BHPian

Great going Mayavi..Good way of increasing your post count.Htas Off

Niki.
Old 27th July 2007, 06:25   #2674
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayavi View Post
I haven't personally spotted any of these cars, but these look weird and wacky to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Guys, I am sure Mayavi is in a funny mood . Relax!
Just look at some of the reponses aka heated arguments.

PS: On a serious note, i guess the guy has shown his protest against each and every car on the road making its way to this thread.

Last edited by aah78 : 28th July 2007 at 00:13. Reason: quoted post and related comment deleted.
Old 27th July 2007, 11:20   #2675
BHPian

OT: Spotted a clean silver swift vxi with an after mkt exhaust n 3 meters on the inside of A pillar today mornin. yes, the exhaust sounded gr8!
Old 27th July 2007, 12:10   #2676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
Spotted a clean silver swift vxi with an after mkt exhaust n 3 meters on the inside of A pillar today mornin. yes, the exhaust sounded gr8!
i like the paint job in the pic donna know how it will look in reality

but if its a stickering job then it sure is a wacky

Last edited by aah78 : 28th July 2007 at 00:14. Reason: picture removed as previous post is referred to here.
Old 27th July 2007, 12:11   #2677
BHPian

I don't think Mayavi is serious. He's only being sarcastic cause a lot of decent cars are being paraded here as whacky. Even I've clicked some Beemers, Jags and an H2 with 26" rims. So weird no? I'll post them soon.
Old 27th July 2007, 17:45   #2678
BHPian

the 'swift that tore into chequered flag' surely is wacky.. doesnt matter if its a paint-job or stickering. If it is a paintjob - the guy who did it, is darn too good at it.
Old 27th July 2007, 21:50   #2679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
From the pics bunny has posted.

Red Swift- not wacky! (except for the sticker work)
White swift- Wacky? What wacky?

Uno- Now thats something we call weird and wacky. What was the owner thinking? Might be highly practical with cubbyholes all around the car!
Exactly. The same thing I wanted to say.
Old 27th July 2007, 22:04   #2680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I haven't personally spotted any of these cars, but these look weird and wacky to me.

What was the owner thinking!!? Probably he thought that a transparent engine cover makes the car go fast! A transparent cover in Indian weather?? First of all it will leak due to our weather damaging the engine and second thieves will easily break it and steal engine parts.

Loot at this... black roof on a red car, that too cloth one. Wackiest of em all.

A yellow color car? What is the world coming to... and whats with the protrudsion at the rear? That is not the right place to put a wing and he probably doesn't know that he is increasing drag.
Also look at the wheels... front alloys are different from rear one.

PS: Sorry Rehan, too tempting to let it pass.
extremly sorry to say you and these pictures do not belong here mate. . . .these are exotics. (sorry mods am going off topic here) and they are meant to be WHACKY and the thread is MOD JOBS.

kindly read and post

cheers
Old 27th July 2007, 23:16   #2681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
extremly sorry to say you and these pictures do not belong here mate. . . .these are exotics. (sorry mods am going off topic here) and they are meant to be WHACKY and the thread is MOD JOBS.

kindly read and post

cheers
But isn't it funny that Lamborghini installed a Vaccuum cleaner just behind the driver side window? Probably it is there to clean the car after a spin on the dirty roads, but still why install it permanently when you can keep it at home and save weight?
Old 27th July 2007, 23:24   #2682
BHPian

Quote:

1. What was the owner thinking!!? Probably he thought that a transparent engine cover makes the car go fast! A transparent cover in Indian weather?? First of all it will leak due to our weather damaging the engine and second thieves will easily break it and steal engine parts.
2. Loot at this... black roof on a red car, that too cloth one. Wackiest of em all.
3. A yellow color car? What is the world coming to... and whats with the protrudsion at the rear? That is not the right place to put a wing and he probably doesn't know that he is increasing drag.
Also look at the wheels... front alloys are different from rear one.

PS: Sorry Rehan, too tempting to let it pass.
I rarely point fingers at other people and for saying that these pictures look amazing to me and not at all wacky.Further,I would like to believe that all supercars try to maintain a healthy balance of "lift" and "drag" using both front air intake and rear spoiler.My knowledge is extremely limited on this subject and correct me if I'm wrong but I presume that without a set of meaningful spoiler setup a supercar will fly off the ground and then crash after attaining speeds that would "lift" the front wheels of the ground..
Please refer to this link
AutoZine Technical School - Aerodynamics
Just for some information: the front air intake in most race/super cars behave as a spoiler to create "drag" and so does the rear spolier.However the rear spoiler is usually ajustable to change in between drag and lift..

Last edited by aah78 : 28th July 2007 at 00:10. Reason: avoid quoting large posts in their entirety
Old 27th July 2007, 23:36   #2683
BHPian

Sigh! I am not sure if it is me or you guys that need to work on their sarcasm.
Old 27th July 2007, 23:53   #2684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
I rarely point fingers at other people and for saying that these pictures look amazing to me and not at all wacky.Further,I would like to believe that all supercars try to maintain a healthy balance of "lift" and "drag" using both front air intake and rear spoiler.My knowledge is extremely limited on this subject and correct me if I'm wrong but I presume that without a set of meaningful spoiler setup a supercar will fly off the ground and then crash after attaining speeds that would "lift" the front wheels of the ground..
Please refer to this link
AutoZine Technical School - Aerodynamics
Just for some information: the front air intake in most race/super cars behave as a spoiler to create "drag" and so does the rear spolier.However the rear spoiler is usually ajustable to change in between drag and lift..

Thank you Mayavi, this guy took the bait!

By the way, thanks for the info, we did not know all this, probably this is the reason why we see all the other cars with contrapments which are not vacuum cleaners or clothes lines. They do have a purpose!

Last edited by 1100D : 27th July 2007 at 23:55.
Old 27th July 2007, 23:57   #2685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Thank you Mayavi, this guy took the bait!

By the way, thanks for the info, we did not know all this, probably this is the reason why we see all the other cars with contrapments which are not vacuum cleaners or clothes lines. They do have a purpose!
@1100D and Mayavi : hey no offence guys but I really didnt understand this. Could you kindly explain. I mean I gave some honest comments about what I saw. No sacrasm or pun intended.

Last edited by aah78 : 28th July 2007 at 00:15. Reason: please try and space your posts out a bit. thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks