Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2004, 00:19   #1
BHPian

Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!

I went to get my Pioneer DEH-P8450MP today (yeah, I finally got it ) and I saw these hideous things on the road...

1. Tatamobile (or Tata 20x whatever) converted into a saloon car with Lancer tail lights! Silver color. Versova.

2. Mitsubishi FTO .. weird looking in BRIGHT ORANGE color .. right opposite Milan subway.

3. New 04 City with crappy Tiger and other rubbish "vinyl" all over the car that belonged to some motor training school.

Yuck.

I couldn't get any pics as I was driving and jesal was too busy talking on both his phones (don't ask). But even if i could take the pics, would you really want to see them? :--)

- Aalaap
Old 17th November 2004, 00:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

About the Tata saloon u talking about....there are many of them with Mercedes 190E series tail lights..they are mostly bulletproof vehicles used by ministers.!!

About the Mitsubishi FTO...many magzines say..its one of the good looking coupes around...and that car isnt bad at all!!!
Old 17th November 2004, 00:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (aalaap @ Nov. 16 2004,21:49)]1. Tatamobile (or Tata 20x whatever) converted into a saloon car with Lancer tail lights! Silver color. Versova.

2. Mitsubishi FTO .. weird looking in BRIGHT ORANGE color .. right opposite Milan subway.

3. New 04 City with crappy Tiger and other rubbish "vinyl" all over the car that belonged to some motor training school.
hehe

you really did have a bad car day.
n orange...y orange...
happens to all of us... *

Drifter

Old 17th November 2004, 00:43   #4
BANNED

damn u made a thread and kickin me on it. jus transfered the vid of ur deck right now
Old 17th November 2004, 02:42   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

man thats bad ...
and i thought i have a bad car day every sunday
like every sunday these people come from suburbs in qualises that have wierd decals all over them and are like fully loaded with some occupants puking out the window
earlier it was the same scenario but with the car being sumo but now seeing base qualises doing that duty scared me ...
im sure some of you guys know what i am talking about if u dont imagin -
a red or white sumo/qualis , with graphics,stickers all round an a carrier .
the vehicle is loaded to the grills with about 12 people some car sick and puking all round and spitting paan
man, cmon the road is no place to puke or spit, give it some respect,

really makes u feel sorry for the people who clean the cars and especially the tyres
Old 17th November 2004, 03:29   #6
Senior - BHPian

Usually it takes only one car to ruin your day. In my case it had to be a Tata Indigo. Picture this, huge rear spoiler, 5 exhausts, decals from every possible tuner firm in the world, vents and scoops where you'd least expect them, at the same time WRC stickers on the front and rear windscreens. The interiors not spared either, the usual chrome and dhinchaak stuff, the eye catcher though was a 1:24 Mclaren SLR model above the dials. There is only as much i can take, before i gasp for breath.
Old 17th November 2004, 03:31   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]About the Mitsubishi FTO...many magzines say..its one of the good looking coupes around...and that car isnt bad at all!!!
I didnt mean to say that the cars themselves were bad, but only what their stupid owners turned them into. I mean a Tatamobile/20x or even an Estate is OK for what it is, however, when you turn it into a salon and put some other car's tail lights to it, what the hell do you get? A pukey pair of wheels. The Mitsu FTO is a great car, but it SUCKS IN ORANGE GRR.

I don't hate the new City as much as I used to before, but I don't care how many of you TB guys have these vinyls - but im sorry to say that I HATE the stupid tiger or running leopard or stupid football or cricket ball vinyls that you put on your cars! GROW UP!

I need some sleep!

- Aalaap
Old 17th November 2004, 03:50   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]...a Tata Indigo. Picture this, huge rear spoiler...

I feel your pain.

- Aalaap
Old 17th November 2004, 04:17   #9
BANNED

well if u do not like this indigo. u should have seen the owners previous cars. zen , santro , optra & indigo. all these cars are so heavy modded small things. too much
Old 17th November 2004, 11:46   #10
Senior - BHPian

WOAH! where did you see this car? I mostly see it parked close to my area...its really too much, looks like he bought the whole extra-accessories shop and put it in his car! the car is full of stickers, bullet holes, and crappy stuff. I don't even wanna talk about the interiors. Also seen a Esteem or 1000 [didn't notice much coz there was so many other things to notice] with soooooooooooooooo many nonsense stuff in the interiors i doubt if anyone would be comfortable inside, far less survive in a crash!

P.S. I'll try getting photos of the TATA Mobile and the Indigo
Old 17th November 2004, 14:47   #11
BHPian

The Tatamobile is parked at Versova .. i'm not going there EVER again .. so would someone else help out here? Jesal perhaps?

Btw those Indigo pics I posted were at the Bandra Talkies junction (opposite the main petrol pump where the road splits into Linking and SV and Turner and the other road that leads to the station. I know everyone knows Bandra Talkies Junction, but I just felt like typing a lot).

- Aalaap

Old 17th November 2004, 15:47   #12
Senior - BHPian

I guessed as much it was Bandra Talkies, but wanted to be sure. Anyways, the pics are here!

The Modded Tata Mobile!

Gordon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2004, 16:00   #13
Senior - BHPian

As this topic has led members to post pictures of modified cars, this topic is shifted to Modifications & Accessories

Old 17th November 2004, 23:07   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (aalaap @ Nov. 17 2004,01:20)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]...a Tata Indigo. Picture this, huge rear spoiler...
This is spoiler? Or a clothes hanging rack for lack of place at home?

Rudra Sen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2004, 23:16   #15
Senior - BHPian

DUDES! u have to see this deep blue maruti 800 near my place which has almost the same GT Wing as on the indigo on top of the roof!!! absofreakinlutely true and it has 215/50R13 tires sticking out of the sides and a freaky exhaust note. I get to see it atleast once a week and i cant help but smile... next time ill try to sneak a pic im sure ull love it.
autopsyche is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks