Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2004, 03:07   #1
BHPian

How to go about, for buying Nitrous (N2O / NOS) in India?

Was just wondering, what if someone wants to trick' his fairly well tuned car with nitrous. How should he go about it, here?

*keep in mind, 'in INDIA'*
Please put as much info you have on this, as possible.

Like -
The availability of brands, cost of buying, installing, refilling, how many types available here (the sizes of bottles, shots - with prices) etc etc.
Is it legal (or do we have to find loopholes *like they do in the UK*, etc)
no technicalities, just the info regarding everything related to NOS, NX and its likes..
Old 15th April 2004, 03:50   #2
BHPian

Well I think KS Motorsports in Bandra sell Holley NOS. And a Dry Unit come about for 75 K's as quoted by some1 to me. Well Refueling is a big Hassle. They put Frickin Medicinal N2O rather than the 1 used for Races.
Old 15th April 2004, 05:02   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rgowani @ April 15 2004,02:20)]They put Frickin Medicinal N2O rather than the 1 used for Races.
RG,
Thats what i was worried about too!... if people sell cockroach repellant as tire shine then its possible they are selling their "own gas" as N2O *
(To clarify - Im not talking about the forementioned place - havent even heard of it)

PS, sorry dont know abt availability of N2O and kits in an Indian context, but great topic will be useful to find out.

cya
Rehaan
Old 15th April 2004, 11:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys,
N20 (medical) is the same thing. It has the same content as the ones given by NOS, NX, and holley. The only difference is that NX and NOS claim to use a few additives in the N2O for a bit more power. Which is not a great deal.
You can refill the cylinders varying from 500 bucks to 2g's. Pretty cheap here. You could also make your own kit in India!. Fairly simple if you have your technical skills. Dry kits are the easiest to make under indian conditions. You can make one for about 10k if you like.
A few things to be condidered.
1) N2O is laughing gas so dont try to sniff it
2) You can make the whole kit yourself but i suggest you get a N2O Solenoid from the US or elsewhere. Cost about 25$.
3) Steel braided lines
4) You can get a cylinder with a valve and gauge here in india for 3500 Rs.
5) What is the BHP you want, refering to the requirements you will need to have injectors made.. any machine shop could help out. Ill send diagrams if anyone interested.

You can also use the present LPG solenoids here in india (which ive done) But you will have to modify the solenoids for the high pressures. Lpg is at about 100psi whereas NOS is above 1000psi. So the spring and the valve in the solenoid needs a little modification to be used. The Whole setup is simple just like converting your car to LPG
The jet size you will need to be done accurately. Depending on the size you can adjust the power gain you want. I would suggest a max about 40% of the engines present power.
If you want the exact details of how to let me know.

cheers
Dom

PS: Hey 75K for a DRY kit?. Wow.... with a N20 tank behind you??. Heh ive seen kits costing a max of 600$ which support 400hp....
Old 15th April 2004, 12:58   #5
Team-BHP Support

thats some valuable info there domnic, thanks.

As far as the NOS goes, I heard that the only diff between the medical nos and the one used for racing is that they put a bit of sulphur in the racing one to prevent ppl from getting a high by sniffing it
Old 15th April 2004, 16:22   #6
BHPian

Thank you Guys (RG, Domnic, Rtech and Rehaan)! The information provided is very helpful.
By the way, there are no restrictions or restrains as far as legalities are concerned, right?
I am assuming atleast, not yet!
Old 15th April 2004, 16:28   #7
Team-BHP Support

Well...you are supposed to notify the RTO and the insurance company of any changes. But hey...try explaining to the babu's at the RTO what NOS is
Old 4th June 2004, 17:01   #8
BHPian

I keep the direct port system from NOS for 40K.The gas refill if for about Rs 1500.
Old 4th June 2004, 17:56   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I keep the direct port system from NOS for 40K.The gas refill if for about Rs 1500.
Hey, Welcome aboard KS Motorsport. And thanks for the information, you'll probably see me b4 SpeedRun2005
See ya around..
Old 4th June 2004, 18:42   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Domnic @ April 15 2004,09:58)]Hey Guys,
* *N20 (medical) is the same thing. It has the same content as the ones given by NOS, NX, and holley. The only difference is that NX and NOS claim to use a few additives in the N2O for a bit more power. Which is not a great deal.
* You can refill the cylinders varying from 500 bucks to 2g's. Pretty cheap here. You could also make your own kit in India!. Fairly simple if you have your technical skills. Dry kits are the easiest to make under indian conditions. You can make one for about 10k if you like.
* A few things to be condidered.
2) You can make the whole kit yourself but i suggest you get a N2O Solenoid from the US or elsewhere. Cost about 25$.
3) Steel braided lines
5) What is the BHP you want, refering to the requirements you will need to have injectors made.. any machine shop could help out. Ill send diagrams if anyone interested.

* You can also use the present LPG solenoids here in india (which ive done) But you will have to modify the solenoids for *the high pressures. Lpg is at about 100psi whereas NOS is above 1000psi. So the spring and the valve in the solenoid needs a little modification to be used. The Whole setup is simple just like converting your car to LPG
* The jet size you will need to be done accurately. Depending on the size you can adjust the power gain you want. I would suggest a max about 40% of the engines present power.
*If you want the exact details of how to let me know.

cheers
Dom

PS: Hey 75K for a DRY kit?. Wow.... with a N20 tank behind you??. Heh ive seen kits costing a max of 600$ which support 400hp....
Plz send me diagram of fitting N20 at cto@rediffmail.com .Thanx [IMG]
Old 22nd November 2004, 02:04   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote (Domnic @ April 15 2004,09:58)
Hey Guys,
N20 (medical) is the same thing. It has the same content as the ones given by NOS, NX, and holley. The only difference is that NX and NOS claim to use a few additives in the N2O for a bit more power. Which is not a great deal.
You can refill the cylinders varying from 500 bucks to 2g's. Pretty cheap here. You could also make your own kit in India!. Fairly simple if you have your technical skills. Dry kits are the easiest to make under indian conditions. You can make one for about 10k if you like.
A few things to be condidered.
3) Steel braided lines

You can also use the present LPG solenoids here in india (which ive done) But you will have to modify the solenoids for the high pressures. Lpg is at about 100psi whereas NOS is above 1000psi. So the spring and the valve in the solenoid needs a little modification to be used. The Whole setup is simple just like converting your car to LPG
The jet size you will need to be done accurately. Depending on the size you can adjust the power gain you want. I would suggest a max about 40% of the engines present power.
If you want the exact details of how to let me know.

cheers
Dom

hey......
im really interested in nos so could u plz send me a diagram

on revtech17@hotmail.com
Old 22nd November 2004, 13:09   #12
Senior - BHPian

Hi revtech,ctob
check out DIY Nitrous all the info is out there and is easy to understand.

Cheers
Dom
Old 22nd November 2004, 15:27   #13
Senior - BHPian

hey thanx a lot....

thts a really help full link

thanx agian
Old 26th November 2004, 17:14   #14
Awaiting Email Confirmation

carter road motosport (sajid) NOS installation tanks and everything the works get yo' ride pimped out dawg!
Old 26th November 2004, 17:41   #15
Senior - BHPian

hey dude

can u give more info on the nos kit.. whts the price of the kit n installation and how much for refills?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks