Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2011, 17:21   #16
BANNED

Re: Autocop remote repair possible?

Hello All!

My dad's SX4 is having the Autocop remote locking system. Both the remotes have gone bad. The buttons don't work properly.

Is there any place in Hyderabad to get it repaired? Is the repair possible?

Help Needed guys. Their website is BAD! I don't understand what a vague design for a website it is.
Old 6th December 2011, 01:17   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag
Hello All!

My dad's SX4 is having the Autocop remote locking system. Both the remotes have gone bad. The buttons don't work properly.

Help Needed guys. Their website is BAD! I don't understand what a vague design for a website it is.
IMO it isn't a good idea to get them repaired, moreover the repairs may not last long and give up at critical times.

Better buy a new remote from autocop, would cost around 600 bucks depending on your unit's model.

Call the helpline and they would send someone over.
k2max6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 01:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hello All!

Usually,you can fix it as a DIY,even i was once facing a similar issue.
Simply opened it up,and cleaned it with WD40 spray,and it works like charm,after months.
Old 6th December 2011, 14:18   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Usually,you can fix it as a DIY,even i was once facing a similar issue.
Simply opened it up,and cleaned it with WD40 spray,and it works like charm,after months.
Thanks Akshay. I have tried this already but the buttons seem to need a lot more pressure on them to recognize the function. Is it ok to take to MASS or any autocop service center if they exist in Hyderabad?
Old 29th October 2012, 16:22   #20
BHPian

I'm facing an issue with autocop remote. I need to go very near to the car to get this work .Ealier it used to work with more than 10feet away. I changed the remote battery to new. Could the car battery the culprit?
I could start the car early morning without hiccups.
Old 3rd February 2013, 16:47   #21
Senior - BHPian

Finally called Autocop to get replacement remotes (one of them was missing and the other one was slightly damaged). When the guy came to check, it turned out that the the system installed was very old (6yrs) and getting a replacement remote would be difficult. The price quoted for a remote was 900/- plus 200/- service charge, which means I end up paying 2000/- for two remotes and the warranty would be for only 6months. The guy suggested that I could get a new system with two remotes, all new system and a 3yr warranty for 3500/-. This one come with flashers when you engage the reverse gear and also the bleep bleep bleep buzzer.

Decided to go for it. The work was done within an hour. One thing I noticed was that the new system is more compact than the older one. Didn't enable the reverse buzzer and the flasher. Could have enabled the flasher, but the circuit is not mutually exclusive so had to disable both.

Here's the old:
Autocop remote repair possible?-image2105587891.jpg

and the new:
Autocop remote repair possible?-image1709471848.jpg

Ta da!
Autocop remote repair possible?-image2646076122.jpg
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2013, 22:47   #22
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible to get the battery of Autocop remote replaced? If yes then can I get this done from a watch repair shop?

Last edited by bluevolt : 20th June 2013 at 22:48.
Old 21st June 2013, 00:18   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Is it possible to get the battery of Autocop remote replaced? If yes then can I get this done from a watch repair shop?
Yes you can replace the battery of the Autocop Remote. Open it up and put a new battery. But see to it that you get the exact same battery. The battery in my Autocop Remote is Maxell CR2032. Be careful when buying a replacement I've seen fake Maxell batteries.
Old 8th November 2017, 10:41   #24
BHPian

Time for battery replacement. Need help!!

On opening my autocop remote, i find that it uses two CR2025 coin cells. Is it possible to replace it with CR2032 ? Are these two interchangeable?
rahul_9327 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 15:41   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_9327 View Post
Time for battery replacement. Need help!!

On opening my autocop remote, i find that it uses two CR2025 coin cells. Is it possible to replace it with CR2032 ? Are these two interchangeable?
From Quora -

Quote:
"So what's the difference between the CR2025 and the CR2032? As it turns out, the only thing that differs between these batteries is thickness (and hence capacity). The CR2025 is thinner than the CR2032, but they otherwise seem to be interchangeable — assuming you can make them fit your device equally well."
Make sure the battery fits, otherwise they are the same.
Old 9th November 2020, 12:36   #26

Hi everyone. Am unable to reach autocop entirely. Would any of you know of third party technicians in Bangalore help get me a new set of remotes?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks