Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2007, 15:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Is this the car with the Ferrari sticker on the bonnet ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilb2008 View Post
Absolutely !! how did you know

And the sticker is just for fun... we had it on our past two cars and now it has become a tradition. Every time my dad buys a new car, a big Ferrari sticker on the Black bonnet is necessary :P

Thing is, we dont mind going all out with regards to the filter and the exhaust.
why only a Ferrari sticker on a Honda? i am sure that there are quite number of good honda stickers in the market. Period.

have you thought about the tyres 'n alloys? because i thought the stock ones are not good enough. get it done allong with FFE + air filter. are you planning to go for a muted exhaust note or a loud one?
Old 12th September 2007, 22:06   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
why only a Ferrari sticker on a Honda? i am sure that there are quite number of good honda stickers in the market. Period.

have you thought about the tyres 'n alloys? because i thought the stock ones are not good enough. get it done allong with FFE + air filter. are you planning to go for a muted exhaust note or a loud one?
He'll definitely upgrade the tyres. I dont think we want to upgrade the alloys... the stock ones are decent enough. Upgrading the alloys only improves the looks... not interested in that right now.

And abt the exhaust, I am not really bothered abt the sound. Most important thing is which one will give the best performance. A good tuned exhaust will definitely sound sportier and louder than the stock one.

And abt the sticker, my dad and me are huge Ferrari fans. He even bought an Acer Ferrari laptop, I have an original Ferrari jacket, cap, mousepad(for 600/- ).

And we had a black Corsa. My dad just saw this Ferrari sticker and bought it and put it on his bonnet. It looked damn cool and when that got discoloured, we removed it and put another sticker in it's place.

Apart from showing everyone that we are Ferrari fans (who cant afford a Ferrari), it is really distinctive....

PS: Ajmat, you still havent told me how you knew that car was his

Last edited by Nikhilb2008 : 12th September 2007 at 22:08.
Old 12th September 2007, 22:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

Get a good port job done. It should help some. If you can afford it, get a cam with a wilder secondary profile. What engine code is the NHC Vtec, BTW?
Old 12th September 2007, 22:15   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Get a good port job done. It should help some. If you can afford it, get a cam with a wilder secondary profile. What engine code is the NHC Vtec, BTW?
Port job is a bit too extreme for now... that is reserved for later.

Am interested only in light mods for now.

And how do I find the engine code ?? I have no idea. It's a 2005 model.
Old 12th September 2007, 22:21   #20
Senior - BHPian

Check your engine number. The first few characters will be the engine code. For the regular NHC it will be L15XXXXXXX, for the OHC Vtec it will be B15XXXXXXXX.

Port job is hardly extreme (this is like ICE, you can't stop once you begin ), but if you don't want to take your head out, you could try a nice filter and a set of headers.
Old 12th September 2007, 22:29   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Check your engine number. The first few characters will be the engine code. For the regular NHC it will be L15XXXXXXX, for the OHC Vtec it will be B15XXXXXXXX.

Port job is hardly extreme (this is like ICE, you can't stop once you begin ), but if you don't want to take your head out, you could try a nice filter and a set of headers.
You already seem to know the engine code :P

And we dont want to port right now.... as of now, filter + intake kit + exhaust + polishing of ports.

No spark plugs ...

what abt ECU ?? it will automatically take care of the extra fuel needs right ??

PS: anyway to improve the handling without ruining the ride ?? My dad hardly drives nowadays... he drives only on the weekends. Rest of the time, he is in the back... So, ride quality is very important.

And also, the suspension keeps bottoming out when the car is fully loaded and scrapes against some speed bumps. Any solutions ?
Old 12th September 2007, 22:31   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And we dont want to port right now.... as of now, filter + intake kit + exhaust + polishing of ports.
You're confusing me now...
Old 13th September 2007, 00:01   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You're confusing me now...
As far as I know, porting = total reworking of the ports... enlarging it, etc...

Polishing of the ports is just polishing the inlet and exhaust ports so that the entry of the air-fuel mixture is smoother.

Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 13th September 2007, 00:48   #24

wud anyone recommend a cam upgrade for the NHC 1.5exi... got the headers and exhaust system changed to a free flow (leela's auto garage).. also hooked up the K&N FIP kit.. was readin up on the HKS air flow regulator and came across dyno tests that showed a 9% increase at 6000rpm.. anyone in on this???
Old 13th September 2007, 17:39   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amahesh View Post
wud anyone recommend a cam upgrade for the NHC 1.5exi... got the headers and exhaust system changed to a free flow (leela's auto garage).. also hooked up the K&N FIP kit.. was readin up on the HKS air flow regulator and came across dyno tests that showed a 9% increase at 6000rpm.. anyone in on this???
With all that money spend you gained around 7bhp, which is nothing much. You can get a aftermarket cam but your idling will be rough and low end will dissapear. Better to avoid on a car like NHC.
Old 13th September 2007, 18:26   #26
BHPian

Hey Nikhil,
i just got a new K&N air filter for my nhc vtec. There is definitely a change in performance. Then later i got the free flow exhaust from auto mech - without the changing the original manifold. Vivek @ Automech told me its goin to be difficult to change the headers of the NHC Vtec as they are facing the other way around unlike OHC. i spoke to Linkway Honda for the headers from Mugen - They are expensive - 58k with fitting.
Old 13th September 2007, 18:31   #27
BHPian

I am going step by step for adding all the mods - by learning on from T-bhp & also taking advise from Vivek @ Automech and also because mods are expensive to do it at one go. Even i want to know what can i do to add that extra hp. Like everyone suggested spark plugs should be ditched. so what next ?
Old 13th September 2007, 19:12   #28

busa.. thanks for the info.. was wonderin though... is it possible to get aftermarket cams for the NHC in india?? was also considerin the hks Air flow regulator.. supposedly it makes a huge diff
Old 13th September 2007, 21:59   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As far as I know, porting = total reworking of the ports... enlarging it, etc...

Polishing of the ports is just polishing the inlet and exhaust ports so that the entry of the air-fuel mixture is smoother.
In essence, but I've never seen anyone in BLR with just a polish job. Also, polishing the intake may actually slow you down. You need to generate swirl on the intake ports. If you're doing headwork, you might as well get your ports enlarged.
Old 13th September 2007, 23:01   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amahesh View Post
busa.. thanks for the info.. was wonderin though... is it possible to get aftermarket cams for the NHC in india?? was also considerin the hks Air flow regulator.. supposedly it makes a huge diff
Yes you can get a Cam in India from Piper or Crower, just speak to your tuner and he will source it for you.

About hks Air flow regulator, i would say if your into high revving the car then think about it, else its of no use for the low end, BTW how much is it costing?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks