Team-BHP - Rear spoiler on Accent
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Rear spoiler on Accent (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/19711-rear-spoiler-accent.html)

Hello all,

I want to install rear spoiler on my Accent.. need to find out below:
a) if it will do any good other than aesthetics?
b) will it get loose in time and will make noice? Also, if I plan to remove it, this will leave ugly scars on trunk.
c) will it obstruct the view behing specially while backing up?
d) do I need to stick to standard spoilers part of Accent accessories or can I install the fancier, sportier ones? any pros/cons here?

Any other advice that you autogurus have before I go ahead with it?

regards

Bro...What kind of spoiler are you talking about here.. Do you plan to go with the following.

1. Stock spoiler that comes with the Accent gtx
2. Suburu / Mitsubishi evo type spoiler
3. Gt wing

Once we get an idea on this we will be able to help you out better.

Godfather

Quote:

Originally Posted by pathfinder (Post 339947)
I want to install rear spoiler on my Accent.. need to find out below:
a) if it will do any good other than aesthetics?

no.its main application is to improve the aesthetics.

Quote:

b) will it get loose in time and will make noice? Also, if I plan to remove it, this will leave ugly scars on trunk.

yes it will get loose and rattle.you will have to keep tightening.though it isnt as bad as it sounds.you will hardly notice the rattles when you are driving the car.when youclose your boot,then it might rattle or if you have heavy bass in the trunk.;)
Quote:

c) will it obstruct the view behing specially while backing up?

depends on the kind of spoiler you get.if its the stock spoiler,you wont notice any difference in visibility.if you go for mitsubishi evo style or gt wings ,yes,they might obstruct your vision

Quote:

d) do I need to stick to standard spoilers part of Accent accessories or can I install the fancier, sportier ones? any pros/cons here?

you can install whatever catches your fancy.rear visibility,price and looks are the only limiting criteria.
no pro's or cons for any.you can go for the accent stock spoiler,evo style,gt wings.you can even get a spoiler from any other sedan.for eg:you can put a ford ikons or esteems spoiler on your accent too.
it all depends on you.

Pathfinder: You could go in for the OE / Genuine Accessory spoilers which are availabe for the Accent (GLX, GTX & Viva models), but keep in mind that for the quality and finish they will more or less be costlier (between 11K-16K,depending on the model) than a comparable after-market unit.As said by our fellow members,the latter is available is numerous shapes and finish.You could even go in for sport/tuner carbon spoiler...if you can find/afford them.Choose your poison.