Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2006, 08:37   #1
BHPian

Useful accessory info

Thought of starting this thread on 'useful accessory info'. The purpose is to share with BHPians any new info we come to know on accessories. The info might be new for the one who posts it or it might be considered useful for BHPians by the person who posts it. Knowing the audience here, the info might not be new for all.

Let me start with a small one:

What is 'side beading'?

It is the black (usually) strip stuck on the side of the car. This is a useful thing and has saved my car many a times, from getting scratched.

I enquired for it at Domlur Layout, Bangalore and found that the rate starts from Rs.700 for M800. I got the same from JCB road at 200!

You get side beading in the same colour as that of the car.
Old 19th December 2006, 14:07   #2
BHPian

Side Beading for Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravradha View Post
What is 'side beading'?

It is the black (usually) strip stuck on the side of the car. This is a useful thing and has saved my car many a times, from getting scratched.

I enquired for it at Domlur Layout, Bangalore and found that the rate starts from Rs.700 for M800. I got the same from JCB road at 200!

You get side beading in the same colour as that of the car.
Hi,

Mad traffic of Bangalore is tempting me to go for a side beading for my red swift, which I bought 3 months back.I am parking it on the road side near to my office since we dont have a car parking space available (Ofcourse I my office is in M G Road ) and it already suffers from scarches and small dentsPersonally I dont like to have beading on my car since I always thought it will spoil the neat finish of the car, atleast red swift!..However, trying to compromise for good.. Could you please let me know if you have any information on the 'red side beading with a sliver rode between' ? I have seen it in 2-3 swift's in Bnagalore, but yet to get any info. on the price and the showroom. Any relevant information would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Rajesh
Old 19th December 2006, 16:25   #3
BHPian

You can surely get one. But you need to visit one of the shops in JC Bose road. My experience with Car Shringar is good.
Old 19th December 2006, 17:49   #4
BHPian

Thanks ravradha for the info. I will surely visit Shringar to see if the side beading of my choice is available there. Btw, JC Road being one way now, entering from Minerva Circle, could you please give me the direction to this shop?
Thanks
Rajesh
Old 19th December 2006, 18:32   #5
elf
BANNED

Wide-Angle IRVMs

A Wide-Angle Inside Rear View Mirror (IRVM).

According to me, one of the most important accessories to be installed. With a good one, you can get almost 180 deg of rear view, & can eliminate most blind spots.

This is vital, considering most of the pathetic tiny inside RV mirrors supplied as stock with most vehicles.
Old 19th December 2006, 21:18   #6
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Aaah thats a good one ELF!!! Another thing i'd suggest is the LHS ORVM on all the cars that dont have it.... Its a must!!
Old 19th December 2006, 21:29   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
Aaah thats a good one ELF!!! Another thing i'd suggest is the LHS ORVM on all the cars that dont have it.... Its a must!!
checkout the new WagonR's ORVM
Old 19th December 2006, 23:47   #8
BHPian

yeah the wide angle irvm is a must especially if it is a big car like Innova
I have it in my innova and its simply awesome
Old 20th December 2006, 11:03   #9
BHPian

I would add a good security system to the must-have-accessories' list.A good product from Nippon / AutoCop etc is going to cost around 4.5k and this would be a good and wise investment to make considering the value attached with our cars.

Regards
Rajesh
Old 20th December 2006, 12:01   #10
Senior - BHPian

for most cars i guess if not a muffler then atleast a decent look show tip for the exhaust is a must..like the one's on the skoda rs, honda city..etc..all manufactures show make that standard.
Old 20th December 2006, 12:09   #11
BHPian

Hi Rajesh

Contact details:

Ramachandra
Car Shringar,
JC road
Opp Corporation Car Parking
info@carshringar.com
26708366, 41249805

Ravi Radhakrishnan
Old 20th December 2006, 12:38   #12
BHPian

Another Most Import Thing not an accessory though
1. Teflon coating to protect your car from minor scratches.
2. Under Body Rust resistance coating.
3. Head cushion if you are going on a long drive so that you don’t get neck pain.
Old 21st December 2006, 05:41   #13
BANNED

A very useful accessory is Sunfilm. Helps to keep you cool inside as well as reduces the load of AC and also protects the interiors from fading.
Old 21st December 2006, 10:09   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
A very useful accessory is Sunfilm. Helps to keep you cool inside as well as reduces the load of AC and also protects the interiors from fading.
And make sure it's a branded film and not some spurious import that reduces visibility from the inside,my installer tried the trick with me and tried to pass it off as garware saying that garware film that comes in a roll doesn't have the 'imprint'.I had it all ripped out and got him to do it in front of my eyes.I ahve Garware Ice cool on my car now and it's amazing in performance,hardly any heat gets thru.I'd also suggest people go in for clear windscreen film to prevent fading of the dash.
Old 21st December 2006, 16:50   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mega5918 View Post
Another Most Import Thing not an accessory though
1. Teflon coating to protect your car from minor scratches.
Actually Teflon coating is nothing but a way for the dealer's to fleece money from the customers. It's just a normal rubbing & polishing job disguised as some revolutionary scratch resistant procedure. for more information you can read these threads:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ally-help.html (Does Teflon Coating Really Help?)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...n-coating.html (What Exactly is Teflon coating)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...car-clean.html (For All Car Lovers - Keeping Your Car Clean)

The last thread is a praticular must-read for all people who like to keep their cars clean & shiny!

Most Viewed