Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2006, 22:55   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Hey guys thanks for the quick response. I just called Ozz One and he said it is a genuine one ,
@RJStyles, no offense meant, but when I asked the Ozz One guy about the same muffler, he said it was a fake 5Zigen!! (u probably talked to the junior guys there)

Nonetheless, don't worry - I actually DID put the very same muffler on my Ikon, and I LIKE the sound. I had the stock muffler removed and put this in with a new intermediate pipe. Not very loud, but more of a bass-y hum that suits me.....I will be putting in headers soon though!

By the way, you can get the Ozz One guys (or someone else) to source you a Borla or Magnaflow muffler for between 12&15k, if u so wish. These are a bit expensive, but come with a lifetime warranty and great sound!
Old 19th December 2006, 23:01   #17
BANNED

Quote:
That was a reeeeeeeal tongue twister "Chinnamanranaswamynarayanmuttupillai" .
On serious note, was it any of our fellow BHP'ians car? Also need some pointers how to mess with the OE muffler.
Hello!!! You're taking everything serious here dude!! And the last one anybody will be serious of is Mr. ELF!!!

Leave your stock muffler as it is unless you're a good tuner or you have one in your neighbourhood. Get a good quality aftermarket muffler.

And for a record, BoomShiva stays in Amchi Mumbai and gets his mods from Viper etc... He won't punch holes with airguns or hammers in his Muffler.
Old 20th December 2006, 00:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for your replies people .

Vejz420 please read " no dealer would say he is selling fake stuff. No offense meant guys" . Thats why I have come back to T-BHP .
Also I dint speak to Damodhar , it was someone by name Gangadhar who spoke to me.

Zakko let me meet you the next time and you have had it . I asked on a serious note if any fellow BHP'ian owns the car is to only know what has been done.

Anyways people I will wait till the next Bangy meet and get advice from the dude's and then go ahead with the install.

Ideally looking at the replies recieved , its simply a waste of money to get fake muffler installed.
Old 20th December 2006, 01:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

I have seen a Used 5Zigen muffler with Fazal bhai at FRK , he might want to sell it and yes it's genuine and also very loud as he said it was.
Old 20th December 2006, 05:48   #20
BHPian

I tried using the hammer and salia approach on my M800 MPFI (at the same time that i did it on my Royal Enfield) and it gave off quite a nice rally type sound!! And was quite loud as well!! I had quite a few guys in and around my colony and office, including my mechanic asking me if the car was modded for rally use!!

Dont hang me for it, but i think it revved better as well!! Well my momma would have none of it and asked me to get it replaced and so i had to!

But seriously: Which mufflers would u recommend for a MPFI Gypsy? I am not looking for anything 2 loud, but a slightly bassier note. Would a free-flow muffler improve mid-range (60-80 kph) performance?
Old 21st December 2006, 00:24   #21
Team-BHP Support

cougar, by midrange people often refer to mid rev band in each gear and not the speed.
A freeflow comprises of a set of:
1. headers - can be designed according to needs, low/mid/top end, usually it mainly works out for top end only
2. Intermediate pipes: connect the headers to part 3.
3. Muffler: this is normally known to you as a silncer in stock cars. determines the sound of the whole free flow setup.

When installing only a muffler alone, (considering its a local/imitation one) it doesnt usually matter what you get, as a muffler alone will not help you gain/lose any power despite the misconceptions you might have after hearing the vroom vroom exhaust.
Muffler design, etc will make a difference only when you're going to go for a full hog, headers, pipes, when only the muffle, pick what sounds and looks good!!

manson.
Old 21st December 2006, 11:11   #22
BHPian

guys, Where can i get just the intermediate pipes for the ikon?
Old 21st December 2006, 12:16   #23
BHPian

Shaz, any free-flow mechanic/installer worth his salt should be able to source/provide u with intermediate pipes. Just make sure u get 'new' pipes and not ones that the guy has lying around from his previous installs!

u know who the best person to approach for this (and other FFE-related concepts)? Psycho!
Old 21st December 2006, 15:41   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hey folks, I got the muffler installed and precisely the exhaust sound I was looking for. Not too loud but sure has the bass effect.
Thanks people once again.
Old 21st December 2006, 18:35   #25
elf
BANNED

Quote:
... I got the muffler installed and precisely the exhaust sound I was looking for ...
Yes, but did you punch any holes in it yourself?
Old 21st December 2006, 18:42   #26
Senior - BHPian

Nopes Elf .. Dint want to do it. I happened to see another car with what you had suggested and it was way 2oo loud. So gave up the idea and thought that I save the OE muffler for another day.
Old 23rd December 2006, 01:51   #27
BHPian

so rjstyles ,which muffler u went for and the pricing??
Old 23rd December 2006, 01:56   #28
Senior - BHPian

Its a 5ZIGEN muffler by the hologram on it, pricing was 5 odd grand. Labour costed 450 bucks.
As mentioned in the thread, its isnt the original one. But sounds good and the thingy looks neat.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 23rd December 2006 at 02:00.
Old 23rd December 2006, 17:41   #29
BHPian

@RJ, I told u u wouldn't regret that muffler! I bet it sounds nice on a Baleno too....

so, when u getting the full FFE done then?? and where??

actually, I do like the 4x2x1 system I have right now, but I didn't know how easy it was to implement 4x2x2 until I saw the install pics on this very site! It's possible I'll be going in for that after my headers are in place......
Old 23rd December 2006, 18:49   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezj420 View Post
@RJ, I told u u wouldn't regret that muffler! I bet it sounds nice on a Baleno too....
You said it mate, I have no regrets and sounds yummmmmy !!

Quote:
so, when u getting the full FFE done then?? and where??
Vitamin M is standing in my way as of now .Maybe sometime in Feb' or early March.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks