Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2006, 00:44   #1

Roof Mounted AC - Safari Dicor

Hi, I am planning to buy Safari Dicor LX, but this base model does not come with roof mounted AC for the rear seats. Is the default AC which comes with Dicor LX sufficient for cooling the entire compartment. Also is it advisable to get the roof mounted AC installed later from the market. Please suggest.Anybody already driving Dicor LX could suggest the effectiveness of AC for the passengers at the rear.
Old 7th January 2007, 21:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi
The AC is sufficient enough, On long trips i never have to use it above 2 or 3 with five adults in afternoon driving.
Rahul
Old 9th January 2007, 06:42   #3
BHPian

Hi, the AC of the base LX model Dicor is sufficient enough to cool the rear of the cabin area. I have driven for continuous 10 hours with the AC on and it never gave any reason for the rear passengers to complain. Infact so to say, my Dog who is in the luggage area most of the times also never complained .. So my friend there is no point spending more of your hard earned money for the roof top unit...
Old 9th January 2007, 11:04   #4
Senior - BHPian

hi, in hyd the base model of the tata safari ie the lx.. is being given with free stuff which inculde

1.roof mounted ac
2.painted bumper and body claddings
3.blaupunkt deck
4.sunfilm

so just check out the discounts there.. this scheme in hyd is being offered by all the 3 dealers and is till the 31st of this month.

Last edited by aadix : 9th January 2007 at 11:05. Reason: spelling mistakes :)
Old 9th January 2007, 11:14   #5
BHPian

hi navtej!!ac of dicor is more than sufficient but if you opt for the roof mounting then it would be better.a friend of mine has done it will try to pm you soon with all the details.BTW nice choice(dicor)
Old 9th January 2007, 12:30   #6
BHPian

My dicor has no issues with rear cooling with the AC ducts that come factory fitted. So unless one is really finicky about cooling and has hot flashes , the ac is pretty sufficient ..
Old 9th January 2007, 14:03   #7
Senior - BHPian

Navtej, aadix has given good information, maybe you could check with your local dealers, this could be available other than at Hyderabad as well........

If you get it free of cost, why not?
Old 10th January 2007, 01:13   #8
Senior - BHPian

I've a 1998 Safari 4x4 with TC engine and in those days front mounted ACs were in vogue. Of course mine has a dual system wherein there is a vent in the boot area as well.

Have had no issues with its cooling till date. Got the AC serviced for the first time, last year in May and filled gas. no problems whatsoever. On very few occassions I've had to switch the fan speed to IInd level. That's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navtejsingh View Post
Hi, I am planning to buy Safari Dicor LX, but this base model does not come with roof mounted AC for the rear seats. Is the default AC which comes with Dicor LX sufficient for cooling the entire compartment. Also is it advisable to get the roof mounted AC installed later from the market. Please suggest.Anybody already driving Dicor LX could suggest the effectiveness of AC for the passengers at the rear.

Most Viewed