Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2018, 12:43   #1
Senior - BHPian

Rust-Oleum Rainbrella - Water & dirt repellent for your windscreen

What is it?

Rust Oleum Rainbrella is a windshield water/dust repellent. Can be used on front/rear windshield and side window panes.

Rust-Oleum Rainbrella - Water & dirt repellent for your windscreen-20180421_121129.jpg

What does the kit contain?

Kit comes with 2 sachets of Rainbrella, a microfiber cloth and a pair of gloves, costs about 8-10$. Each sachet contains a small white microfiber cloth which is dipped/soaked in a concentrated liquid. As this is a concentrated liquid, it is suggested not to use bare hands.

How to use?

There are good enough videos which explain how to use. It’s rather simple to use.
1. Once you open the packet, you will find a small white,folded moist cloth.
2. Ensure you have cleaned and dried windows.
3. Rub the moist cloth against windows with circular motion.
4. Wait for 5-10 minutes.
5. Rub the coating with a clean microfiber cloth, again with circular motion.
6. Wait for 10 minutes and repeat steps 3 & 4.

Videos

Commercial:
Review:

My Observation

I got a free sample sachet when I bought few polishes. I was cleaning my car and found this lying in my car utility bag and thought of using. Post cleaning my Innova, I applied a coat of Rainbrella on front windshield. After rubbing, applied the second coat, followed by some rubbing. After the second coat, there was hardly any moisture left in cloth, though I went ahead and applied the coat(a super light coat) on rear windshield. The cloth became almost dry after this coat. Sprinkled some water and could see that water was getting repelled. Later used windshield washer and found repelling characteristics are better compared to stock .

Next day it rained in Bangalore and got to drive the car. I could notice that water was getting repelled significantly better. Greater the speed of the car, the better water got repelled. In addition to repelling water, I could also notice better dust repelling characteristics. Typically in 2 days’ time, the windshield would get quite dusty, post application of Rainbrella, I could see much lesser dust in the windshield.

Rust Oleum says, the coat lasts upto 100 washes which is supposedly twice more than competition. Given that we get more rainfall and its way too dusty here in Bangalore, I doubt if the coat would really last 100 washes. The super hard water is only going to make matter worse.

Positives

1. Easy to use and apply.
2. Results are good.

Negatives

1. Unavailable in India.
2. Slightly expensive compared to competition(Proklear costs about 400 bucks).

Last edited by PrideRed : 24th April 2018 at 12:56.
PrideRed is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th April 2018, 15:39   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Rust-Oleum Rainbrella - Water & dirt repellent for your windscreen

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks