Team-BHP - Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/198631-remapped-hyundai-creta-1-6l-crdi.html)

MODIFICATION #20: Remap by GT Tunerz, Hyderabad (Quantum Tuning UK)

Bit the remap bug and got it done yesterday night. Contacted GT Tunerz, Hyderabad (Quantum UK) Mr. Mayur Reddy for the job since they have already done four 1.6L CRDi Creta's already before mine and plus I know the guy well (since the XP Micro days on my Swift ZDi). Mine is the second Creta to be remapped in Hyderabad.

Gave him my requirements of what I want from the remap:
  1. EGR soft delete although I have had the blanking plate installed;

2. Better low end;

3. Better in-gear acceleration (read lesser downshifts).

I was NOT at all interested in the 0-100 timings so the map MUST be designed for ease of drivability that I was mainly looking for.

After 4 day of discussions on WhatsApp and phone calls, decided to get it done finally. Landed up at his place at 5pm and handed my car to him. :)

Process of Remap:

Some W.I.P shots

With Mr. Mayur's Innova Crysta
Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi-1.-his-innova.jpg

Getting ready to get remapped
Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi-2.-ready-get-remapped.jpg

Battery to be removed for easier access to ECU (Lift the two tabs to disconnect the ECU).
Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi-3.-battery-removed-then-lift-two-tabs-disconnect-ecu.jpg

ECU is manufactured by Bosch in Korea
Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi-4.-ecu-made-bosch-korea.jpg

ECU opened for the further
Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi-5.-ecu-opened-further-process.jpg

ECU placed on the Bench tool for the job
Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi-6.-ecu-placed-tool-designed-remapping.jpg

Required connections given
Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi-7.-connections-given.jpg

Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi-8.-file-reading-started.jpg

Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi-9.-all-done-remapping-progress.jpg

Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi-10.-close-up-shot.jpg

Reading and writing in progress
Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi-20180517-18.49.42.jpg

Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi-20180517-19.35.34.jpg

The odometer at the time of the Remap (Current odo is 23xxx kms)
Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi-odo-time-remap.jpg

FIGURES

1. Power

Stock: 126 BHP
Tuned: 160 BHP

2. Torque

Stock: 260 Nm
Tuned: 325 Nm

TIMINGS Before and After the Remap

Have used both Torque PRO for 80-120 kmph and also a App called GPS Acceleration for measuring the 60-110 kmph & 80-120 kmph timings

80-120 kmph @ 4th gear
Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi-4th-gear-after-remap.jpg

80-120 kmph @ 5th gear - Before vs After
Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi-5th-gear-before-vs-after.jpg

80-120 kmph @ 6th gear - Before vs After
Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi-6th-gear-before-vs-after.jpg

60-110 kmph - Before vs After
Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi-60110kmph-before-vs-after.jpg

80-120 kmph - Before vs After (After values written near each gear label)
Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi-screenshot_20180328073939_01.jpg

Have driven for almost 120-130 kms post remap and glad to say that the effects are outstanding.

Would I recommend other owners getting a remap?

Definitely! If the requirements are similar as mine then one can go ahead seeing the results so far. I'll be updating the thread at every stage as I clock miles on the car.

Thanks to Mr. Mayur Reddy of GT Tunerz, Hyderabad for timely response and quick remap (start to end was done in 1 hour). Happy to have all my doubts cleared and an insight into this remap process that is done.

Disclaimer:
I am not associated with GT Tunerz, Hyderabad and/or Quantum Tuning UK. Have just put forth my experience so it helps others too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 4402264)
MODIFICATION #20: Remap by GT Tunerz, Hyderabad (Quantum Tuning UK)

Pretty neat! Now that's really tempting.
I'll keep the conversation going as and when I'd seek this & yes your guidance all the way.

Using the PerfExpert App on my mobile (OnePlus 3T), tried checking for the Power & Torque figures (Approximate).

BEFORE REMAP

Data
Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi-before-remap-11.03.18-3rd-gear.jpg

Graph
Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi-creta-stock-2018.03.11-21.09.42.png

Data
Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi-before-remap-11.03.18-3rd-gear1.jpg

Graph
Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi-creta-stock-2018.03.11-21.06.47.png

Data
Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi-before-remap-28.03.18-3rd-gear.jpg

Graph
Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi-creta-stock-2018.03.28-07.36.29.png

Data
Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi-before-remap-28.03.18-3rd-gear1.jpg

Graph
Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi-creta-stock-2018.03.28-07.35.46.png

AFTER REMAP

Data
Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi-after-remap-18.05.18-3rd-gear.jpg

Graph
Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi-creta-remap-2018.05.18-21.09.23.png

Data
Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi-after-remap-18.05.18-3rd-gear1.jpg

Graph
Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi-creta-remap-2018.05.18-21.07.01.png

Data
Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi-after-remap-20.05.18-3rd-gear.jpg

Graph
Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi-creta-remap-2018.05.20-06.56.42.png

Data (This was in 4th gear)
Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi-after-remap-20.05.18-4th-gear.jpg

Graph (This was in 4th gear)
Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi-creta-remap-2018.05.20-06.54.41.png

A summary of the results so far

Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi-summary.jpg

Videos

The below video is regarding the time taken for the car from 100 kmph to 0 kmph (Sorry as the video got cut at 10 kmph)
100-0 kmph post brakes upgrade

0-100 kmph - Before the remap
0-100 kmph (Before Remap)

0-100 kmph - After the remap
0-100 kmph (After Remap)

In gear acceleration (3rd gear chosen) before the remap. From near idle RPM till red line
In gear Acceleration test (3rd gear idle to red line) - Before Remap

In gear acceleration (3rd gear chosen) after the remap. From near idle RPM till red line
In gear Acceleration test (3rd gear idle to red line) - After Remap

PS:

Anurag : Nice to see a performance mod coming from you knowing you are such a subtle and cruise speed loving driver:D

I saw the videos of the 0-100kmph and I could see the needle move pretty fast in the remap version. You should have posted a text of the total time taken for both video versions once the video is completed to know the total time taken

Still 9.XX for the Creta is still quick enough

Enjoy and dont blister the ORR's tarmac:)

Thanks for sharing, Anurag! Moving your remap post to its own thread. We have so many Creta owners on Team-BHP; this could help them.

I believe this is the first remap of Creta here on Team BHP. You have explained it in detail too (before vs after acceleration figures etc).

Mayur should be having V Box with him. You could have timed in gear acceleration figures (stock vs remap). If you are going to dyno, please do it at Arka Motorsports (Dynapack Hub Dyno). It is the best and most reliable dyno in India. Stock vs Remap figures would be great :).

How about the smoke levels now after remap? Wanted to know at WOT after 2500 rpm.

100 bhp per litre sounds like an awesome output for a diesel, your car is surely going to give tough competition to many Audis and Beemers that come in your path :uncontrol .

Congratulations on the remap!

A quick question.

I assume the remap voids your engine warranty. Will you continue to get your car serviced at the Hyundai ASS?

Will this mean more maintenance of the engine like oil change and such? And other parts such as the clutch, will that be able to handle the increase in torque or will that lead to early wear? I'm a newbie on mods and asking this as I thought the engine components have to deal with more stress than normal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 4403077)
How about the smoke levels now after remap? Wanted to know at WOT after 2500 rpm.

Thank you sir for the appreciation. I'll shoot a video and upload in a few days when I get to the car.

Smoke is observed post 3,000 RPM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by satishv1987 (Post 4403114)
I assume the remap voids your engine warranty. Will you continue to get your car serviced at the Hyundai ASS?

Thank you.

Getting it serviced at Hyundai ASC only. The SA is very well aware of the MODS done so far on the car and also the EGR Blanking + Remap.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 (Post 4403134)
Will this mean more maintenance of the engine like oil change and such?

Yes sir. Plan to change the oil (15W40) + oil filter at the ASC every 5,000 kms as opposed to 10,000 kms service interval.

Wow! A remap is quite unusual for you man. What changed you suddenly? :P

I believe the new Verna and Creta have a much better tuning than the fluidic or 4s Verna. Especially in terms of the drivability. Your videos and data just goes on to show the scope in improvement with a remap. Good job there!
Happy mile munching :)

Asit

that's a sweet mod! looks like you can outrun a lot of elder cousins on the road! what impact does such a mod have on the fuel efficiency, how much does it go down? not that it is important to an enthusiast :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemedico (Post 4403471)
what impact does such a mod have on the fuel efficiency, how much does it go down?

Shall definitely update when I get the figures. Yet to complete the tank of fuel post remap.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 4403444)
Thank you sir for the appreciation.

Please don't sir me :D.

Quote:

I'll shoot a video and upload in a few days when I get to the car.
A puff of black smoke under full throttle is fully normal for any tuned diesel car. Just wanted to know if there is continuous black smoke under WOT.

Quote:

Getting it serviced at Hyundai ASC only. The SA is very well aware of the MODS done so far on the car and also the EGR Blanking + Remap.
Good rapport with SA definitely helps. But we can't be fully confident that all warranty claims would be hassle free. For example, High pressure fuel pump of Hyundai CRDI costs a bomb, around a lakh. When there are big claims, the car would be inspected by higher authority from Hyundai.

Excellent write up! Could you please post more information on your Brembo setup that you upgraded to? Thanks!