Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2007, 21:25   #16
BHPian

Hi Ahmed, you got the car painted??? Please do post some pics once done..
Old 17th January 2007, 01:09   #17

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

and also let us know how much did it cost???
Old 15th November 2008, 22:58   #18
BHPian

Standox or Dupont Paint Booth in Chennai

Guys,

Can anybody please help me to find a good paint booth in Chennai preferably Standox/Dupont (except not TASC)
Old 5th February 2010, 15:18   #19
BHPian

Bringing this back from the dead
I know of a guy who does a decent job with minor body work and patches, but he doesn't have a booth, hence I'm a little skeptical.
I'm looking for a better place in Chennai, who can do a competent job.
The car is a noble white Elantra and has a few deep scratches, which probably has to be filled.
Old 23rd March 2010, 23:15   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilvr View Post
Bringing this back from the dead
I know of a guy who does a decent job with minor body work and patches, but he doesn't have a booth, hence I'm a little skeptical.
I'm looking for a better place in Chennai, who can do a competent job.
The car is a noble white Elantra and has a few deep scratches, which probably has to be filled.
Now a days there are paint booths which are given on rent ,so you can choose your tinker and ask him to take the car to the paint booth and paint it there.There is one in palavakkam (ECR)
Old 24th March 2010, 08:48   #21
Senior - BHPian

Car park 1817 is close to my home, but not sure if they're still in business as I see a new Maruti A.S.S now (Choice motors; whew!!! there're about 3 M.A.S.S apart in Ambattur now).
Pls suggest from your experience as where to carry out a tinkering work. The damage of my WagonR's rear end is posted in this thread. Pls provide your suggestions. Tks.
Old 29th March 2010, 22:04   #22
BHPian

Paint Shop in Chennai

Hi,

There was some body work on my Jeep MMCL340DP4WD (Mahindra Classic), which I completed to my satisfaction in Tuticorin. I would like to paint the vehicle with Metallic Black (the current colour is Metallic Dark Brown). I have attached the photograph of my vehicle which was taken nearly 2 years back.

It would be great if Chennai BHPians can suggest a good paint shop (preferably in South Chennai)?

MODS: If this is not the correct section, kindly request you to move the same to the appropriate thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Best Paint booth in CHENNAI-60640034.jpg  

Old 30th March 2010, 06:27   #23
Senior - BHPian

I seen some g the paint jobs of Hi-Motors and I found them to be really realy nice. Don't know about the costs but their finish was too good. You should probably check them out.
Old 30th March 2010, 09:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Car park 1817 is close to my home, but not sure if they're still in business as I see a new Maruti A.S.S now (Choice motors; whew!!! there're about 3 M.A.S.S apart in Ambattur now).
Pls suggest from your experience as where to carry out a tinkering work. The damage of my WagonR's rear end is posted in this thread. Pls provide your suggestions. Tks.
You are right. Car Park 1817 has now moved to Villivakkam (near Nadhamuni Theatre).
Old 30th March 2010, 09:19   #25
Senior - BHPian

I hear that 'Hi-Rev' does a decent job as well. They are located near the 100 feet road at Vadapalani.

Last edited by bblost : 30th March 2010 at 09:23. Reason: done the merge, Thanks.
Old 30th March 2010, 09:21   #26
Senior - BHPian

@rr_zen - Any idea if they carry out the same good paint job as before or do you've a better place to recommend somwhere in that area?
Old 30th March 2010, 09:38   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@rr_zen - Any idea if they carry out the same good paint job as before or do you've a better place to recommend somwhere in that area?
You should probably go and check out HI-rev and the cars he has painted. One car you should definitely check is his Old Honda city. It sort of a very dark violet almost black. It gleams in the sun.
Old 30th March 2010, 10:03   #28
Senior - BHPian

Ok, will check out Hi-Rev, but guys don't tell me they charge way above M.A.S.S. I'm looking only for a tinkering+Good paint work. Last time the M.A.S.S guys fixed my rear door & painted it & now there's a small spot irritating rust on the door, while the OE paint has hardly fainted in few areas & that's why I'm looking for tinkering followed by a good paint job.

EDIT - By the way, is it this one you're reffering to? - Hi-Rev. If it is then the best part is "and more importantly save you up to 50% off main dealer service prices"

Last edited by aargee : 30th March 2010 at 10:05.
Old 30th March 2010, 11:55   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
EDIT - By the way, is it this one you're reffering to? - Hi-Rev. If it is then the best part is "and more importantly save you up to 50% off main dealer service prices"
Yeah. This is the one that was being referred to. However, I hear from a few of our forum friends that they are overloaded most of the time. I haven't checked out the place myself personally though.

M.A.S.S is a huge let down in terms of the painting quality and finish how much ever you prod them.
Old 30th March 2010, 13:40   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
M.A.S.S is a huge let down in terms of the painting quality and finish how much ever you prod them.
IMO, it depends on which M.A.S.S, like, if you give it to CARS India, they'll goof up because they're overloaded; ABT, doesn't even have good technicians. Haven't tried Khivraj, Popular or Kapico. We've a small time player just opened up in our locality, he does a neat job as of now. But for painting, I'm skeptical going to them

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks