Team-BHP - Dashboard figurines
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Dashboard figurines (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/199669-dashboard-figurines.html)

Would like to see/discuss about the various figurines placed on our car dashboards, if any.

Particularly, I would like to know if the Hot Wheels placed on my dashboard looks awkward/cheap/whatever? Though I liked it personally, would like to know fellow bhpian's views.

Dashboard figurines-screenshot_20180629214819521_com.miui.gallery.png

Dashboard figurines-img_20180629_101129.jpg

Dashboard figurines-img_20180629_153614.jpg

Mods: Couldn't find a thread discussing this specifically. There is this thread, but my question seemed out of context there. Please move the post appropriately.

I do not have a picture, but I used to have a F1 car replica of Ferrari on the dashboard of my first car, a Dzire. It used to look really cool then, but when I changed my car 🚗 decided against any figurines since they always create some vibration, although very minor. I cannot stand even the least audible vibrations from things like bottles and other such accessories. So even the water bottle holder has an exact fitting Tupperware bottle so that it does not make any unwanted noise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thoma (Post 4421835)
Would like to see/discuss about the various figurines placed on our car dashboards, if any.

I would prefer a slightly bigger scale model on the dash but if not stuck properly, it will rattle a lot (as motorworks pointed out).

I had a lambo reventon on my Swift. It didn't rattle much since it was stuck with few layers of double sided tape. Also, Swift's rattle was there to compensate any from this scale model :D.

I really wanted to stick this on the Creta but since the dashboard is high, it might hamper the visibility.

Dashboard figurines-20130106_114706.jpg

How do these figurines survive the direct sunlight on them and the oven-hot interior when parked? Personally, I like my cars clean. Don't keep anything on the dashboard, or hanging from the IRVM or even on the rear parcel shelf. In fact, you won't find anything lying around on the seats of my cars or in the door pockets. If I place a bottle in the door pocket, I always take it with me after the drive.

My car has God idols in the driver armrest storage.

This idol adorns the dashboard on my Punto. Can't classify it as figurine.

Dashboard figurines-img_20171114_171534.jpg

We Indians love having our favorite God's figurine on the dashboard. That God figurine is what we believe will make us complete our journey safely.

Patricia Cornwell is a crime fiction writer who's lead character is a medical examiner called Kay Scarpetta.
I do not recollect the book but in one of her books she cautions against having sharp objects stuck on the dashboard as they will cause eye injuries in case of an accident.

By the way, she also calls motor cycles, donor cycles because motor cycle accident victims contribute for organ donations.

Maybe she got that donor cycle quote from this article

Donor Cycle

Best that I have seen so far, Abarth in an Abarth.

Dashboard figurines-img_6425_dxo.jpg

Photo credits: latentpotential
car: blackwasp

I have Deadpool chilling in my Safari & Micra :)

Safari:
Dashboard figurines-20180615_162848.jpg
Dashboard figurines-20180615_162855.jpg

Micra:
Dashboard figurines-20180615_163709.jpg
Dashboard figurines-20180615_163715.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by thoma (Post 4421835)
Particularly, I would like to know if the Hot Wheels placed on my dashboard looks awkward/cheap/whatever? Though I liked it personally, would like to know fellow bhpian's views.

It actually looks quite classy!

What do you think is the best way to stick such figurines on dashboards? I tried to stick one with a double sided tape but it came right off after a couple of kilometers in city traffic.

Quote:

I have Deadpool chilling in my Safari & Micra
It looks great man nice thinking!

I don't like anything on my dashboard. Don't like them both visually and from safety point of view. I don't want an added projectile to be flying in my car ever.

Plus, cleaning the dashboard is also easy that way.

God idols? Thank God that I am an atheist. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by sukiwa (Post 4424270)

Photo credits: latentpotential
car: blackwasp

Do you have more pictures of it, I searched for his ownership thread but couldn't find easily.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ithaca (Post 4424263)
I do not recollect the book but in one of her books she cautions against having sharp objects stuck on the dashboard as they will cause eye injuries in case of an accident.

Oh, didn't think about it; can be indeed fatal of not secured properly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4423782)
How do these figurines survive the direct sunlight on them and the oven-hot interior when parked? Personally, I like my cars clean.

I have been a minimalist for long, but recently I feel I'm getting older to see some changes within myself :) Somehow, this small model is giving me an added enthusiasm, of course a calming one, while driving.

Sunlight and figurines, a valid question which I've not tested till now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 4422295)
I would prefer a slightly bigger scale model on the dash but if not stuck properly, it will rattle a lot (as motorworks pointed out).

Most people I asked, opined the same, and even I agree. Nevertheless, I just love this particular small model.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saket77 (Post 4424531)
Thank God that I am an atheist. :D

:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by harikrishna.te (Post 4424524)
It actually looks quite classy!

What do you think is the best way to stick such figurines on dashboards?

Thanks. I'm using 3m double sided tape, folded multiple times, black one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohansachar (Post 4424289)

That's quite cool, especially the positioning. Looks he is really chilling out on the edge of a cliff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohansachar (Post 4424289)

Pretty good one there, where did you get it ?.

I do not normally photograph my car but the thread made me to. This baby has been sitting on the dashboard since day one; a constant, loyal and silent companion in all my journeys!

Quote:

Originally Posted by harikrishna.te (Post 4424524)
It looks great man nice thinking!

Thanks harikrishna.te!

Quote:

Originally Posted by thoma (Post 4424558)
That's quite cool, especially the positioning. Looks he is really chilling out on the edge of a cliff.

Thanks thoma!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjumrani (Post 4424582)
Pretty good one there, where did you get it ?.

I got it from AliExpress.
URL:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dead...846755956.html

Regards,
Rohan Sachar

Quote:

Originally Posted by sukiwa (Post 4424270)

Thanks for sharing it here. Good to see other members post their pictures. Personally, I don't prefer to have a traditional figurine of any God. My reasoning is that he/she would probably be just like a regular person, driving a tricked out car, or in my case a black 3-door Abarth. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by thoma (Post 4424558)
Do you have more pictures of it, I searched for his ownership thread but couldn't find easily.

Here you go. Adding some more pictures.
Dashboard figurines-whatsapp-image-20180707-20.25.00-2.jpeg

Dashboard figurines-whatsapp-image-20180707-20.25.00-3.jpeg

Dashboard figurines-whatsapp-image-20180707-20.25.00.jpeg

And this is how it looks on the road.
Dashboard figurines-whatsapp-image-20180701-13.03.35.jpeg