Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2019, 10:19   #226
BHPian

Re: Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhinsarath View Post
The pic is with both the high and low beam in on position. But my low is projector whereas high is normal halogen but both led bulbs are same. The guys checked once gain but couldn’t correct the right alignment.
Projector- low beam
Attachment 1934983
Projector with high
Attachment 1934984
Light throw with only projector
Attachment 1934985

The projector focus looks good. It can be pointed down a little bit so that it will illuminate a bit in front of the car. Since the Projectors looks good, the shadows should be from the high beam or the fog lamps , I would suggest you reach out to Skoda service center and get it aligned
Old 15th November 2019, 11:13   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arundeepbv View Post
The projector focus looks good. It can be pointed down a little bit so that it will illuminate a bit in front of the car. Since the Projectors looks good, the shadows should be from the high beam or the fog lamps , I would suggest you reach out to Skoda service center and get it aligned

Fog lamp was not ON in the above pic. So you mean to say that the problem is related to faulty alignment?
Old 15th November 2019, 12:35   #228
BHPian

Hi,

I have a double halogen setup on my Jeep Compass and I was planning to upgrade the lights. Do you think LEDs for the low beam (H11) and Philips Xtream Vision/ Diamond Vision/ Osram Night Breaker for the high beam (HB3) would be a good combination? Also wanted to know if there is a over heating issue faced due to the LEDs?

I don't want to cut the wiring and if LEDs have a potential heating issue then I will go with Philips Xtream Vision/ Diamond Vision/ Osram Night Breaker for the low beam (H11) as well.

The DRLs are also halogen so I was planning to upgrade those to the LEDs below or any other which fit. Does anyone have any feedback on these?

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...S46ZPTB9&psc=1

Regards
skrules

P.s. I stay in Mumbai hence I will face very rainy conditions for atleast 5 months in a year.
Old 17th November 2019, 13:26   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Stephens View Post
Hello Shivam,

The light throw looks good on the low beams ...
Just a query - can you check and confirm that when you use your high beams do all the LED chips light up or does only the 4 chips at the back light up ? Tks in advance ...

Not advisable, could damage the eyes as it is too bright
Old 17th November 2019, 13:28   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrules View Post
Hi,

I have a double halogen setup on my Jeep Compass and I was planning to upgrade the lights. Do you think LEDs for the low beam (H11) and Philips Xtream Vision/ Diamond Vision/ Osram Night Breaker for the high beam (HB3) would be a good combination? Also wanted to know if there is a over heating issue faced due to the LEDs?

I don't want to cut the wiring and if LEDs have a potential heating issue then I will go with Philips Xtream Vision/ Diamond Vision/ Osram Night Breaker for the low beam (H11) as well.

The DRLs are also halogen so I was planning to upgrade those to the LEDs below or any other which fit. Does anyone have any feedback on these?

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...S46ZPTB9&psc=1

Regards
skrules

P.s. I stay in Mumbai hence I will face very rainy conditions for atleast 5 months in a year.

Osram gives lower life than Philips which is 4 times the cost
Old 17th November 2019, 13:31   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arundeepbv View Post
The lights are not aligned properly. I'm not sure if in the above photo you have switched on both the high beam and the low beam , but irrespective of that we can see a lot of shadows. One of the reasons would be that the bulbs are not aligned. The LED's should be in positioned to the 3'o Clock. The manual should throw more light on it.

The circled area should have the hot spot of your low beam.

Gentlemen hope I am adding value, but the headlight alignment is designed to give a sloped lighting away from on coming traffic. So LHD means right side is down for indian driving side
Johnn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 13:10   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivamk11 View Post
Hello
After doing some research here, I found out that CSP LED bulbs are somewhat fine with reflector headlights so I decided to give it a try in my Tiago XZA. I am attaching images clicked using my OnePlus 6 in auto mode, please tell me on how is the pattern and spread. Also, let me know how I can improve it.
Tough to tell from these pics. It would help if you park 8-10 ft from a wall and then take pics of the hi/lo separately, it would be easier to tell if alignments, cut off etc is ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagzrk View Post
I'm evaluating options for my Ecosport (Facelift). To be honest, I'm happy with the current H7 Low / H1 High setup on the new Ecosport but high-beam driving is rampant in our city and its just impossible to see the road ahead.

Keeping aside the discussions of who is blinding who, I was looking at the following options to upgrade only the high beam (H1) and if suggested also the low beam (H7):
Has anyone tried any of those brands, especially with Ecosport?

Considering its a CSP chip, many review point towards a more uniform and usable beam pattern. Should I take the plunge?
I would recommend that stick to LEDs for fogs and low beam and use halogen on high beams. My experience is that LEDs in high beam have lesser throw vs halogen due to the color temp, secondly LEDs are less reliable vs halogen. High beam conking off on highway is a worse situation than low beam not working in city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhinsarath View Post
I’d recently upgrade my Rapid’s low beam projector and high beam to p6 LED H7 6000K. After the swap, in the bright mode the centre portion of the road is not lightened up. What might be the cause? Is it normal with LED?
Tough to tell from these pics. It would help if you park 8-10 ft from a wall and then take pics of the hi/lo separately, it would be easier to tell if alignments, cut off etc is ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by satishv1987 View Post
I am planning to upgrade the high beam and the fog lamps in my 2011 XUV. I would really appreciate some inputs.
You can look up my starting post of the thread to see the XUV upgrades and my experience with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrules View Post
Hi,

My reco would be same as what i gave Jagzrk above. You are on the right track. I currently use LEDs on lo/fogs on my XUV and Osram nighbreakers for high beam. Very happy with this setup. LEDs generally get hot and conk off in my experience. I never bought Philips Ultinon, all the chinese brands last max 1 yr and i just put a new one after that
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 13:21   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
I would recommend that stick to LEDs for fogs and low beam and use halogen on high beams. My experience is that LEDs in high beam have lesser throw vs halogen due to the color temp, secondly LEDs are less reliable vs halogen. High beam conking off on highway is a worse situation than low beam not working in city.
At the time of my post I was just about to order some LED Lights. Unfortunately its now too late, and I found this out the hard way. I already bought an LED H1 kit off Amazon and it's throw was much worse than the halogens. It would actually overlap with the low beam just a meter ahead at most.

Later, I've changed to low beam projectors with HID which have high beam switch as well and 55W HID's in high beam. I'm not a fan of high beam and I rarely use it even on the highway unless its a completely empty stretch and I can do 3-digit figures. These HID's are fast start with a 5-second full start-up time and 80% intensity in 3 seconds. That is not a problem for me as I never flash. If I'm in high and I approach a vehicle on highway, I dip my lights and switch to high again after overtaking. What gets me is people coming on with full glaring high beams on single lane city roads. That is now, not a problem.

I even contemplated an LED bar for that (installed below the headlamp level and covered in daytime) but am satisfied with this setup. I think I may sometime consider this. (Sarcasm)Let's all blind each other, eh?
Old 21st November 2019, 20:43   #234
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried these XHP 70 based 55 Watt LED Bulbs? URL
Old 21st November 2019, 21:55   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Has anyone tried these XHP 70 based 55 Watt LED Bulbs? URL
I have the Xhp50 LED's in the high beam of my Ecosport (4300K, 52W each, 12000LM). They are really good.

I have this.

Some images, LED on the left and Osram NBU on the right.

Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades-img_20181211_200503.jpg

Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades-img_20181211_200517.jpg

Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades-img_20181212_094713_826.jpg

Both LED's
Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades-img_20181211_210903.jpg
suku_patel_22 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 17:29   #236
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Great guide!

Even I performed an LED upgrade recently.
These are plug-and-play LED bulbs for HID setups without removing or rerouting the Ballast. Will post more pictures soon!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...chweb201603_52

vredesbyrd is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 12:43   #237
BANNED

One question. With the law tightening up, what is the future.

Incidentally, we just got two Fastag stickers for our Honda Civic and Amaze.
Old 25th November 2019, 13:50   #238
Distinguished - BHPian

There are a lot of brands out there in Aliexpress and it might be difficult to decide which ones are the better ones.

For single beam installations, i will recommend the below one from Maxgtrs. They are compact. Very bright. Slightly yellow and beam pattern is very good on the reflector setup

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3290...chweb201603_52

Another close contender is the below ones from CNSunnyLight. This is more on the whiter side.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3284...27424c4dnPmD6T

Both of them are working well in the fog beam application in our cars.

I would not recommend HLXG brand of lamps. Have had bitter experience with them not once but twice.
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 22:18   #239

Hello ,

i have been thinking of updating the lights on my 2013 Honda city. I am already using the OSRAM laser night breaker duo. part of the want to use LED lights is the bling factor + possible powerful lights. i have seen the below LED lights on Aliexpress.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32971392332.html
anyone has experience with these or have advice for better ones?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 28th February 2020 at 11:24. Reason: Spacing
Old 27th November 2019, 10:36   #240

Hi,

I've halogen lamps in my i20 Elite. Should I go ahead and change the light bulbs of the car which is still under warranty? The only reason (for now) to change the lights to something in white, is my dislike for yellow lamps. Please help

Last edited by suhaas307 : 28th February 2020 at 11:25. Reason: Spacing

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks